• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anyone ever have to deal with lost pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever have to deal with lost pins?

visionsfantasmic

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm in a bit of a struggle with USPS right now as they've seemed to have lost a package I sent out a little over two weeks ago! I can't get anyone to respond to my emails or give me straight answer on the whereabouts of the package. Has anyone else ever had this problem before, and if so, how did you fix/deal with it? It would be a big help. Thank you!

I've had this problem before, the USPS kept telling me to be patient and wait (since October 2012)...
I sent 2 packages out, a trade and a pin someone bought from me here on the forum. Still nothing, the DC just never updated :( A lot of members told me to wait about a month because sometimes they appear out of nowhere. Did you send it through PayPal shipping or did you ship them from the post office?

I sent it out through the post office and it hasn't shown for about two weeks since. I've never had this happen before and boy is USPS customer service obnoxious to deal with. :(

did you use dc? I had to reimburse someone in my business. not pin related. It sucked. But I did have a pin on pinpics that took like two weeks to get to me. I had written it off.

Oh what a shame! I hope your pin will be found! I usually go to the post office like once a week to mail out my trades and always ask for tracking information, I also save the receipts. If it is a really expensive pin you are sending I would suggest getting insurance for it. I know FedEx offers up to $100 insurance for packages sent a certain way (what ever is cheapest I just cant remember). But to ship a small little padded envelope was 15.00...so I have never used them!

I did a few years ago. I got mad and went to the USPS site and sent an e-mail to the Postal Inspectors. It's really amazing...but my package showed up about a week afterwards after being lost for 2 months.

If you want to contact them, go to USPS.com, on the bottom is a link to Postal Inspectors.
Then at the top under Contact Us is a FILE A COMPLAINT link.

Good luck.

I've never lost a pin in the mail, and I hope it never happens, but I'm sorry it happened to you :( Good luck finding them :)

Two weeks isn't lost, it's late, delayed or on the wrong truck, lol. Of course, I live in Canada and pins from the US seem to take a lot longer to get to me than the ones I send take to get there. Just received 2 packages that took 3-4 weeks to arrive and one more that hasn't arrived has also been 4 weeks. On the other hand, one of those I sent took all of 4 days to get there, so go figure. This last one may be lost, but hoping it will still show up, because I think I've only ever had 2 lost packages in over 10 years of online trading, and one of those was suspect to me. Worst case ever was one that finally showed up about 5 1/2 months after it was sent, and more than 4 months after it had already been replaced. I think it went by dog sled (in the summer) or pony express (in the winter) lol. Patience is the key because snail mail sometimes seems to take forever and unless you have a tracking number, there's not much they will be able to tell you about your package.

I've only had one pin lost and frankly I don't think the pin was lost at all. I was stupid enough not to get a dc# and learned my lesson. Granted, when I am tight for cash and have extra stamps I sometimes forgo the dc# but its only with traders I know. Since if the pin was lost in the mail, I know they would not lie to me if they actually got it. That being said, I usually wait a month before I say a pin is lost in the mail because the USPS isn't always on their game. For international shipping, I wait 2 months before I start getting worried. I've had a pin take close to 2 in a half months to get to me from England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back