• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anyone have the same on their WDI Pressed Pennies backs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have the same on their WDI Pressed Pennies backs?

lemec

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I traded for two of the pressed Mansion Pennies, same week they were released mind you, all came with the little brown baggy with the pics of the other pins in the series, etc. that they were packaged in. I noticed on the back a problem with the back...my Donut pin got me searching :mad:. Here's the pic, let me know.
pennyback.jpg

Looks like the unauthorized vinylmations on the other end of the spectrum. I never seen a DSF scrapped until the Beauty and the Beast rose dome. Now with the newer WDI pins. Sounds like Disney has contracted with a different company from china. All of a sudden Disney pins are made better and scrapped better. An inside job across the seas??? This type of backing problem or unauthorized pin never happened or rarely happened about two years ago.

Now the new China production plants have dies and making pin on pin pins and getting better with the back stamps. A little off with the pennies but soon you will not even tell if it's Disney made or china made.

As posted on other threads, that's why I collect with the original backing card because the SKU is placed on the backing card at the Disney parks or off park sites (wdi, dsf, ect.). It must me authorized because it was bought at a resort???????

If I hadn't received the original packaging from this I would have completely dismissed this as a scrapped pin, but I bought one at DLR that had a border on it too, so now I am getting very confused. I've been trying to find the one I bought too. The other thing was this was offered four days after it was released seeming too soon for a scrapper and just at the right time to avoid the pre-release scrapper! This just bugs me to no end! That why I've posted it here, to find out if it was a stamping error or a very deviously thought out rip-off by a trader. Basically buying one at WDI and switching out the real in for a scrapper! I want to believe people are more honest than this? Is a $10 pin worth that much to compromise your own personal integrity?

Yup, waiting on a reply from them right now, but I'm going to bed, I'm getting too miffed about this for something as simple as a pin.

Hey Tyler. This is common on a LOT of WDI pins. I assume they get their pins from a different retailer as Disney parks, and the sorcerer hats typically do not run off the edge. I first noticed it on my WDI lenticular HBG pin. But it's very common from them, and does not mean it is a "scrapper." I have not been made aware of this series having un-authorized pins, but will let you know if I do. Most scrapper alerts turn out to be false these days any way.

I traded for two of the pressed Mansion Pennies, same week they were released mind you, all came with the little brown baggy with the pics of the other pins in the series, etc. that they were packaged in. I noticed on the back a problem with the back...my Donut pin got me searching :mad:. Here's the pic, let me know.
View attachment 1134

There is a page at my website with pictures of the WDI "Pressed Penny" pins that I have collected. If you click on the picture of a copper pin's reverse near the top of the page, a larger image will open. I think this is a "correct" pin? It is from a trusted source, but, did not purchase it at WDI personally. Here is a link to the page...
http://www.parkpennies.com/pressed-pennies-disneyland/pin-pressed-pennies/pressed-penny-pins-wdi.htm
I hope it is of some help.
Happy collecting,

Last edited:
Thanks Boomer, the pictures were a huge help. I was positive the Pennies were real but the backing gave me some serious doubts, glad you posted that one.

We received ours unopened in the original boxes and all of the backs look exactly like the one you have. The only exception is the pewter version which is not shiny metallic but a dull charcoal color.

I would say you either have the real thing or a very good copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back