Anyone living close to NYC?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Snoffsan, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

In June me and my husband will go to NYC for a long weekend to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. For you that dont know I live in Sweden and its so hard to find someone who is willing to ship here now.

I usually have a friend in Orlando accept pin mail for me and pick everything up when we go to WDW. Unfortunally we dont have a trip planned there right now because of financial issues. Im not able to work fulltime right now because of my health issues. Luckily enough we had fly points enough for a trip to NYC for the 2 of us so that we can have something nice just for us this year.

Anyhow I would like to know if anyone here lives close to Manhattan or Jersey Gardens? Im looking for someone that would be willing to accept some pin mail for me and meet up at Manhattan or at Jersey gardens mall sometime between the 31st of may and June 4th.

Anyone? I would love to be able to buy some pins and make some trades before we go. Please let me know. If I find someone I will post my traders later and try to set up a few trades. So excited to do some trades again so I hope it works out.

2. CanaDaLE

CanaDaLE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

Why not ship it to your hotel. This is something I regularly do, I just give them a heads up call that I have packages on the way.

3. Snoffsan

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Thanks for the tip! I was thinking about that. But a bit scared it wont get there in time and that I will miss it :)

But maybe I can talk to the hotel and see if I can have it shipped there like 1 week before so Im sure it will be there when I arrive.

If I do I think I probably will still need someone who are willing to accept a few pins mail and pack them all up in one package and ship to my hotel. Guess it will be easier for the hotel to accept one package than a lot of small ones :)

4. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I agree with Tina that you should consider having packages delivered to the hotel (for convenience)--I have a British lady who has bought a ton of handbags from me; she is a British Airways flight attendant and she collects her parcels from the hotel whenever she makes it over here. She saves a TON on shipping costs that way, ha ha.

However, since pin mail is likely to be smaller, if you are nervous about this option, let me know. I believe those dates are *between* my work conferences, so I should be around to meet up. I would have to do so on the weekend, but BF and I are often in Manhattan on the weekends anyway.

Added after your most recent post: Or yes, I could also receive your smaller parcels and put them into one big one to send to the hotel. But like I said, I should be around that weekend, which would make delivering in person feasible (and cheaper for you--although for me to ship to Manhattan usually takes one whole day and doesn't cost very much).

Drop me a PM if you need my help! :)

5. Snoffsan

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

6. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0