• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Are Disney PODM pins still available at the parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Disney PODM pins still available at the parks?

Paul & Jackie

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey guys, going to Disneyland this weekend and wondering if anyone knows if any PODM pins are still available at the park. I'm guessing they should have the newest ones.

Also, as we're newbies at trading/collecting, do you know the trading times available at Disneyland, and where they're located throughout? I plan on asking around, but thought I'd ask the community, and if you have any tips, much appreciated. Thanks.

Oh don't I wish! The last few PODM pins have sold out (at least at DLR) by the day of. I was at WDW for Little Mermaid and Tangled, but I was *told* by people who were there that Little Mermaid sold out by 9.30ish am and Tangled sold out just shortly after 12.30 pm. I was at DLR for the Aladdin PODM release ... I do know that one lasted until at least 5.00-6.00 pm of the day of release.

However, once the PODM pins really 'caught on,' I don't recall *any* of the releases staying around DLR for more than a day or so, sorry.

As far as pins/pin trading goes, are you trading with cast members or guests? If you're trading with cast members, the rule is up to 2 trades (pins) per cast member per day. Cast members *always* trade pin for pin and they will accept any pin as long as it:

1. is an authorized Disney pin
2. isn't already on his/her lanyard

However if you don't see anything you like or want on a CM lanyard, don't feel you have to trade. The pins the CMs are wearing 'belong to Mickey' and they won't (or shouldn't) be offended - that's why they shouldn't care what pins you give them.

If you're trading with guests, remember that there are no 'rules' governing trading with them, so you need to exercise common sense at all times. Remember that if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Never make a trade unless you are 100% comfortable with it - and remember that honest traders won't pressure you into making any trades. Don't be afraid to ask questions (or advice) if you're ever unsure about a pin.

Remember that when it comes to your collection, a 'good' pin is one that you love and that will make you happy.

And most importantly ... still paying attention? ... don't forget to have fun! And remember why you started pin trading/collecting in the first place!

Thank you so much for that quick overview. We had read briefly about the CM trading rules, but first time reading about trading with guests. Up to now, we have really only collected the pins, and did 1-3 trades while at WDW in April, just to get our feet wet.

Appreciate the tips. One other question, any particular trading places you recommend at DLR over others? I know the location after Buzz Lightyear has the limited edition and nicer pins, because they have a case holding them. Other than that, we pretty much just look everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back