• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Are DLP PTE and PTN's being scrapped or counterfitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are DLP PTE and PTN's being scrapped or counterfitted?

Xanaduhaz

Clinically Pinsane
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have two Dr. Facilier PTN however there are subtle differences between them.

One the left I believe to be a genuine one and I think the one on the left maybe not.

There is a difference in the blues on the ribbon

The soldering (is that what is called?) is messier on the right one. opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I can't attest to the differences personally; BUT I do know that they have definitely been counterfeited/scrapped. As you know these are pretty hard to get pins, and a lot of them come from a certain seller on ebay - for like $3.99 and they have many many listings of the same pin :(

Yes, several of them are definitely being scrapped. :( Though I'm no expert, I do think the one on the right is scrapped: the raised edge, the blocky boxes (not nearly as clean and crisp as the one on the left). :( It stinks that this has happened to, what has up until now, been a pretty safe series. :(

~Merlin

Gutted, going to have to check all my PTE's and PTN's it is sad that a once safe series has now fallen prey to scrappers. May post a picture of the rest and see what happens. Thank you for everyone s help, i would hate to do a trade and give someone a scrapper. I just never thought they would bother with them with them being pin on pin sort of thing.

Yes, for at least a year or more, the Paris PTN pins have been faked.

That would make sense as to why I wasn't aware of it as I have been out of trading for about that time so wasn't vigilant in my pin searching. Makes me sad, I will have some very expensive push pins!

It seems like the Mickey pattern on the back of the dr facilier pin on the right side has a border. This is usually a sign of a counterfeit.

I find this thread very helpful - http://disneypinforum.com/showthrea...on-Scrappers-(serious-post)&p=11928#post11928

Did you buy the pins recently? Maybe you can return them and get a refund??? Scrappers and counterfeits really ruin this hobby :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like the Mickey pattern on the back of the dr facilier pin on the right side has a border. This is usually a sign of a counterfeit.

I find this thread very helpful - http://disneypinforum.com/showthrea...on-Scrappers-(serious-post)&p=11928#post11928

Did you buy the pins recently? Maybe you can return them and get a refund??? Scrappers and counterfeits really ruin this hobby :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they were got recently. So I could get a refund but they would then probably get put back up for sale. But I did pay a fair price for them so I am going to be out of pocket otherwise.

Just want to check that the others a all potential scrappers before I possibly send them back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back