Are Pin Trader Delight pins lightweight?

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by Ajk, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I purchased a couple of PTD pins from someone on Instagram. The person seemed legit but when I received the pins, I noticed they feel lighter weight than I would expect for a pin of their size. This is my first PTD's so I have nothing to compare them to. They don't have any other signs of being counterfeit but thought I would check. Do PTD pins tend to be lightweight?
    Thanks in advance.

2. speedwaystar1

speedwaystar1 UK Disney Fan

Rating - 100%
    197   0   0

I've not heard of many fake PTD's , which ones are you talking about ? A few I have aren't exactly the biggest / heaviest ones

3. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

The ones below. The mermaids in particular feel light to me.

[​IMG][/URL]image by aaron klein, on Flickr[/IMG]

4. speedwaystar1

speedwaystar1 UK Disney Fan

Rating - 100%
    197   0   0

I'm afraid I don't know about those specific ones , I do have a Dr Facilier which is really light .
    Perhaps Timeerkat might know more , I'm sure she did pickups of the sisters at least :)

5. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

I don't recall any scrapper or counterfeit warnings about any of those specific ones. PTDs can run on the light side, unless they're the new, really large style (like the couples ones, Fear, etc.) The sisters did tend to run lighter, IIRC.

It's hard to be 100% sure without also looking at the backs, but just by how they look in your photo, I'd say they're all legit.

6. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Thanks all. The backs look good (no border, etc) and everything else about them looks right to me (no dimples, not rough, etc). I was just concerned due to the combination of weight and first time trading with an instagram contact, not to mention a type of pin I don't have experience with. But sounds like it's just my paranoia seeping in and these are legit. Yay! My first ptd pins! (With more to come thanks to you!)

7. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

No borders? Hmm...usually PTDs have borders. I don't remember if these specific ones do, though...

Would you mind taking a photo of the backs so I can see?

8. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

In my experience... I almost always think the PTDs are lighter in weight than other Disney pins. Weight is almost the first thing I consider when I finally have a pin in hand. At this point I have bought ~20 PTD directly from DSSH in Hollywood. If I hadn't bought them from the source, I would have questioned their authenticity also... solely based on their weight. Thus, I think your PTDs are legit... now if they actually were more weighty you might have a problem. Haha :)

FYI: this pin was my first PTD 'purchase'... (I used DSSH event vouchers from the Pixar trading event from June, 2016 and picked this up only to trade it). I remember thinking, who will want this pin... they will all think it is a fake since it is so light.
    [​IMG]
    Pin# 116489

I would say this Jenny PTD was the heaviest I have had in my possession (so there is some variability in weight of these pins):
    [​IMG]
    P
    in# 120990

DeputyDonald likes this.