• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Art of Ariel Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art of Ariel Collection
I'm kinda not liking D23 expo......I'm pretty sure, if there wasn't an expo this year, this stuff wouldn't be so hard to get!! The probably have a ridiculously low stock, one the general public sale happens

Yea lucky its only once every two years and NOT yearly. If there is a d23 expo , know you have a 10% chance of getting LE merchandise online. And let's not forget that international people shop on the US website, so another decrease in chance there as well...

on that same note, they pay ALOT to be there, so it makes sense they get first serve but still.....go away d23 expo!:drool:

Last edited:
Yea lucky its only once every two years and NOT yearly. If there is a d23 expo , know you have a 10% chance of getting LE merchandise online. And let's not forget that international people shop on the US website, so another decrease in chance there as well...

on that same note, they pay ALOT to be there, so it makes sense they get first serve but still.....go away d23 expo!:drool:
I just don't understand why they don't make higher edition sizes when the expo takes place......I understand that people pay lots of money to be there. However, from the stories I've read here and the videos I've seen on YouTube, I don't know if I would enjoy being there... I suffer from social anxiety and crowds of pushy people aren't good for me:/ so, I guess someone like me, just has to go without......

I wouldn't want to either, from what I hear even when you pay your money, you aren't guaranteed anything, unless you pay $1500 for a sorcerers package? (I believe that's what was said) In that case, I can just pay the price gougers on eBay.

does anybody have the watch, I'm really kicking my self for not looking at it closer when I had the chance it seems like it would be a nice piece to have as I currently dont have any disney watches

does anybody have the watch, I'm really kicking my self for not looking at it closer when I had the chance it seems like it would be a nice piece to have as I currently dont have any disney watches

It's still available at disneystore.com for $99. It's not a watch like you would think of, it's a charm bracelet watch, and the the watch face is one of the charms.

there is a 'little mermaid art plate' on ds.uk i dont know if its part of the collection or just coincidental

Disney store UK confirmed on Facebook there was 50 ariel pins for sale on Tuesday. But like all the comments I read say exactly what I said. I smell something!!!!

Hey guys I managed to get the art of Ariel pin, mug and D23 exclusive plate (so the one using the same image of Ariel as depicted in queenv13's post earlier) and I was contemplating getting the journal and pen as well. Does anyone have the journal and pen? If so what are they like in person? Are they as amazing as the mug is?

was contemplating getting the journal and pen as well. Does anyone have the journal and pen? If so what are they like in person? Are they as amazing as the mug is?

I can't say much for the pen, but the journal I was seriously considering till I actually held it in my hand. Perhaps I haven't handled or seen enough Disney Store journals, but the Art of Ariel one was much smaller than I thought it'd be and felt kinda cheap/flimsy. This may just be my opinion though, and it's been over a week since I held it. In comparison to the Designer Fairytale/Villains ones, as well as the Peter Pan keyhole one, it's a lot thinner, cheaper-feeling and overall just feels like it's lacking something - but I don't really know what. The artwork is gorgeous though, as are the pages and inside cover. Also, congrats on getting all that stuff! The pin is especially gorgeous.

Also, side note: I have the mug with the same artwork as the journal and LOVE IT. Might have to get another as my best friend enjoyed using it when she came over. XD

Last edited:
Hey guys I managed to get the art of Ariel pin, mug and D23 exclusive plate (so the one using the same image of Ariel as depicted in queenv13's post earlier) and I was contemplating getting the journal and pen as well. Does anyone have the journal and pen? If so what are they like in person? Are they as amazing as the mug is?

I have both the pen and journal. I actually bought 2 journals, one to use and one to have with my Ariel collection (like Ariel, I'm a hoarder ;)). I love both. I only used the pen once, its now on display with the rest of my collection. However, it has blue ink and its a rather nice pen. I also have the journal. Its a rather sturdy journal and the artwork is gorgeous. Its your standard size Disney journal. I now wish I had the mug that matched the pen and journal but the ebay prices are ridiculous. Both my Disney Store and ds.com are sold out of them. :(

Has anyone tried putting the mugs in the dishwasher yet?
I know you're not supposed to, but I think it's because of the logo on the inside, I don't mind if that gets messed up.

Has anyone tried putting the mugs in the dishwasher yet?
I know you're not supposed to, but I think it's because of the logo on the inside, I don't mind if that gets messed up.

I have with all three mugs, using the top rack on normal wash and no problems so far!

I just bought one of the mugs. I wouldnt use the pen or journal and didnt want them just for the sake of having them. I really considered the plate till I saw the price. Maybe Ill find it on sale at some point. LOL

I just bought one of the mugs. I wouldnt use the pen or journal and didnt want them just for the sake of having them. I really considered the plate till I saw the price. Maybe Ill find it on sale at some point. LOL

I was the same about the plate, until I went to the store and I saw it. It's HUGE!

def. worth the $80.

Trust me.. it's huge....

Hmm, seems the watch is sold out now as when you go to order, it says it cannot be placed in your cart. Same thing happened with DFC's Rapunzel set. :/

So, I bought the Art of Ariel hoodie, but I bought a Large because the reviews said it was a bit snug and to order one a size larger than you normally wear. Well, I tried it on and it is just too big for my liking. Of course, after I got it they mediums were sold out online. Does anyone know how I could get my hands on a Medium Art of Ariel hoodie? If I call stores and ask them if they have one, would they let me buy it over the phone and ship it , or am I out of luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back