• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Art of Belle Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art of Belle Collection
The pin set has been announced on the UK site ... it was posted in the pin thread this morning. Hold on, I'll grab it ....

image2_zpsnuprnxpr.jpg

Beautiful!! I may have to get these!

The Art of Belle lithographs have now popped up in stores. I got these pictures via a post in my doll group. And yes, before anyone comments, one of the lithographs is indeed a picture of a classic doll. No joke. (I love figure/doll photography, but come on)

13912513_10107996193775450_3808251140491805216_n.jpg

13895230_10107996193820360_6841395307904821187_n.jpg

The Art of Belle lithographs have now popped up in stores. I got these pictures via a post in my doll group. And yes, before anyone comments, one of the lithographs is indeed a picture of a classic doll. No joke. (I love figure/doll photography, but come on)

13912513_10107996193775450_3808251140491805216_n.jpg

13895230_10107996193820360_6841395307904821187_n.jpg

Ummmm. That is seriously phoning it in. I don't understand why Disney persists with the "art of" collections if they're going to half-*** them. Just put out beautiful merchandise and who cares how you label it? Belle is one of the most beautiful and popular princesses, but the products lately have been hit or miss. I wasn't even going to collect them but it's still disappointing. I can only imagine how the big fans feel about some of this ...

Last edited:
Absolutely ridiculous!!! Belle is SO popular and she's my FAVORITE! Did they do this with Ariel? No. Disney needs to step it up BIG time. A doll photo? Really??

Belle is my absolute favorite princess, and I am seriously underwhelmed with the work that has been put out. Although I understand and appreciate the various art styles they're going for, it just doesn't look professional. Nearly all of these products seem to be modeled around the Belle re-design, and not the original artwork from the BATB film production. I'm not a very big fan of her re-design, which might be why I'm very underwhelmed with this set - but to each their own. Everyone has their own artistic preferences.

A doll photo? Really??

Yeah, I was scratching my head over that one too. And it's not even a good doll photo. It's plain and boring.

I really haven't seen anything out of this entire collection that I'm that crazy about and Belle is one of my favorites. Oh well, I guess that's good ... I can save my money! I do like the stained glass pin.

Last edited:
The only litho I like is the sketch one, I'd like to frame that in my bedroom. I might try to buy just that one on the second hand market.

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Classic film, but I have to say none of the art of a Belle products have interested me. In contrast I was all over the art of Ariel collection. Very disappointed overall with the merchandise sadly...

Yeah, since Ariel every 'art of' release has seen a steady decline in quality. Poor Belle takes the cake though - which is really surprising since BatB is such a moneymaker for Disney? Like you'd think they'd put in a little more effort for that? *shrug*

(Also, are we gonna talk about how empty and lopsided the pin box display is? Or is it just me?)

Mugs, Journal, and Tumblr are now up on the website!

Along with the musical figure and the snow globe!

I'm definitely getting the snow globe, and I was planning on getting the musical figure until I saw it's price. (BTW, there's a $20 off $100+ right now, so technically it's like $180). When I saw the price, I thought, maybe it's a 20" figure! But no! it was only 10". Too much to throw down on a figure that doesn't even revolve.

I felt the same way too about the musical figure but I love the snow globe. I will have to think about it. Does that usually sell out fast?

I was actually pretty dissapointed with the globe, it doesn't seem as detailed or as nice as the Aurora or Aladdin ones from the past two years. I'm passing for now. But where is the tote? Is it never going to come online? And I'm guessing I'm not getting an Art of Belle ornament set, which makes me very sad.

I was actually pretty dissapointed with the globe, it doesn't seem as detailed or as nice as the Aurora or Aladdin ones from the past two years.

Hmm... I was super not happy with the Aladdin snow globe, but I agree, the Aurora one was incredibly more detailed than this one, especially the base. I mean, even look at the Pinocchio one!

I was kinda hoping they'd release a globe like this, since they want to focus on the winter theme.

e821955c5aed9e0466c90601645ba0df.jpg

This is my favorite movie and I'm so underwhelmed with the collection so far. :dunno: I have 2 Belle and Beast statues already that I like better than the one just released so I"m safe there. I do love the pin set though and can hopefully pick that up.

This is my favorite movie and I'm so underwhelmed with the collection so far. :dunno: I have 2 Belle and Beast statues already that I like better than the one just released so I"m safe there. I do love the pin set though and can hopefully pick that up.

With such a high edition number, you should probably be able to pick up the pins.

With such a high edition number, you should probably be able to pick up the pins.

Agreed, at LE1300 it could possibly stay at cost, especially since it's three smaller pins (like Art of Jasmine) rather than one large pin (like Art of Ariel or Art of Aurora.)

Only things I want for sure are the wallet, journal and sketch mug. Love the snow globe but will have to think about it. Ordering that online makes me nervous.

There is a way but it appears they did add more inventory. About 430 left now.............

Last edited:
Agreed with all of the comments made about how disappointing the new Art of Belle collection is. Like $400 for the print and the style is so middle school. I hope the new pins make it to the USA though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back