• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Artist Proof Pins on CM Lanyards at DLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Artist Proof Pins on CM Lanyards at DLR?

Gloomy

Surprisingly Cheerful
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
So I've been reading alot of WDW reports where people talk about finding AP pins on cast lanyards, but I've never heard of this happening at DLR. It sounds like WDW lanyards and boards also seem to be regularly refreshed with LE's as well, which I've also never really encountered myself at Disneyland. Is this unique to WDW? Does DLR have the PTN boards instead? Or am I just not getting to DLR early enough to score APs and refreshed LE's?

Super-Confused,

-JD

I think what walrus and lucan444 experienced, is a very unique situation and not a regular event. My Dad is local to WDW, and after searching and searching he was only able to find 3 of the blue 10 years of pin trading pins. Meanwhile, a friend says that at DL there are usually 2 in the book when they bring it out in Frontierland. First person in line gets them. But there is a place where you can regularly find them, and if you are willing to wait, obtain them. And my last two trips to WDW, were extremely disappointing. Lots of CMs with only 4 or 5 pins, and either HM's, cuties or fakes. My Dad says this is the usual state of affairs, and he is so frustrated by the amount of fakes that he is *this close* to giving up pin trading altogether.

So I've been reading alot of WDW reports where people talk about finding AP pins on cast lanyards, but I've never heard of this happening at DLR. It sounds like WDW lanyards and boards also seem to be regularly refreshed with LE's as well, which I've also never really encountered myself at Disneyland. Is this unique to WDW? Does DLR have the PTN boards instead? Or am I just not getting to DLR early enough to score APs and refreshed LE's?

Super-Confused,

-JD

I had never found an AP pin at D-Land on a cast member until this past December. My nephew has though, but only one. It is rare and far between.

They are there though. :)

Finding them at DLR does happen. When I used to trade, Once in a while you would get one off a CM lanyard. In the old days (Pin cart in Frontierland) you would get them alot more often than you see now. BUT to be honest, I have seen first hand as well as hearing from the same "Group" of young traders what they do. They are either cast members or friends of cast members, they head to the different stores and know where the CM's that have taken off or have not yet put on their lanyards store them. They are able to go thru pins that others have not yet been to and get a ton of AP's that way.

Also at the O-pin house event, AP's were everywhere, on the the pin boards, in the trading rooms, just all over the place.

I am blessed in the fashion that AP pins to me are no better or different that any other pin, So I never went crazy trying to aquire them like so many other do.

Big thanks for the info! It's tough as a noob to try and discern the differences between WDW and DLR at times (as far as pin trading environments go).

-JD

I have gotten AP pins off lanyards at Disneyland. However, it was years and years ago and nothing recent. Back when Disneyland had a pin project manager and someone in charge of pins at Disneyland. These days, the entire pin production team is based out of Walt Disney World. It is far more likely to find APs at Disney World because that is where all the APs are sent from the factories. The entire batch goes to the offices at Disney World and they can send them out to certain locations or people to use them for trade or whatever. Although they do send samples to Disneyland, I have never been able to find out if they just give them some to know what is coming out and going on or if they pass some along for trading. I think normally, its just samples to keep DLR aware of upcoming releases and not to distribute for trading. That is a major disadvantage of not having any of the production team based at Disneyland.

well i have never been to DLR but i go to WDW at least 2 times a month and well i have found great real pins on cast members, at least i get one hard to find pin a day, like a nice lion king or mosters inc, or pocahontas, i have found maybe 2 AP in the 20 times i been at WDW but for sure when you look u will find nice LE on Cast menbers and very few times on books, i guess they want you to chase them around the park.

The only lanyard we have gotten an AP from at WDW was Scoop's. All the rest of the lanyards are similar to what hopemax described; HMs (mostly fake), cuties (mostly real, but who cares), and the occasional older rack or LE pin (often questionable as to their authenticity).

When we first started trading, we were excited about going through the park, trading off the CM lanyards. Then we discovered that we had spent a small fortune on pins to trade for what turned out to be fakes/scrappers. Although we still occasionally trade for pins off the park lanyards, my enthusiasm for doing this has dwindled severely. I would now prefer to trade or buy the pins I want from a reputable source, and cast lanyards do not fit that description most of the time.

Sorry for going a little off topic! :sad:

When we first started trading, we were excited about going through the park, trading off the CM lanyards. Then we discovered that we had spent a small fortune on pins to trade for what turned out to be fakes/scrappers.

That's the way I feel about lanyard trading in the park: the magic (for me) is gone. I'm happy to see other people happily trading off lanyards, but I can't recapture that initial thrill for myself.

In our five years of trading at Disneyland we have found around 20 AP pins on lanyards. During the o-pin house event weekend I found this AP pin on a lanyard.
pin42307

During the events, the pin trading boards have alot of PP's and AP's so many pin traders have gotten them and traded them to CM lanyards.

In our five years of trading at Disneyland we have found around 20 AP pins on lanyards. During the o-pin house event weekend I found this AP pin on a lanyard.
pin42307

During the events, the pin trading boards have alot of PP's and AP's so many pin traders have gotten them and traded them to CM lanyards.

SOOOOOO COOOOL!!!! This is on my wants, but not the AP. I would be happy with the regular one. lolol

The best part was we had gone to the o-pin house event and got the other 3, Jack, Sally and Zero AP's from the trading boards. We were able to complete the whole set in one day. Huertajv, I hope you find the Mayor, wish I could help but my daughter has taken them over lol!

I've only ever found two AP pin at the resort. One was for a Goofy Walt quote pin and the other was a Lion King Earth Day pin. I still have them both, although, I can't find the goofy one. I know I have it somewhere, I've been trying to find it. That's the one I would kind of like to trade for another AP pin that more fits one of my collection themes :)

in 6 years of trading before this we had ONE Ap find off a Lanyard in WDW
And I seriously doubt we would ever be that lucky again. for us to be on vacation and in the right place at right time..
However it was A Moment of Disney Magic for us for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back