Assistance identifying pin being real or fake

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by B100, Nov 3, 2018.

1. B100

B100 New Member

0   0   0

Just another post asking for some help identifying if a pin is real or fake. I know I'm not allowed to post ebay links so if I could DM someone for some assistance that would be awesome. The pin I'm looking to get verified is Pin 109183 on pinpics. I've been looking into making comparisons online and the one I'm trying to purchase has some differences in detail. I've noticed this pin is also sold by the loads from Hong Kong which gives rise to suspicion that many pins could be a fake.

Anyways, I'm really hoping to acquiring this pin soon so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I have not heard that this pin has been counterfeited, but you never know. @hopemax. She is
    really good at identifying fake pins.

3. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Yeah one of the most infamous counterfeit sellers on ebay is selling it so I would say it has most likely been faked. It might also mean that the factory that made them had a box of scrappers that is now out on ebay but those are not supposed to have been sold so either way the value of this pin will decrease unless you get it from someone that can proof that they bought in directly when it was released.

Of course that dont mean that the one you are looking at is fake but it makes it harder to know for sure. One would need a real one and compare to a fake one to be sure of the differences.