• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Authentic or not HMs...new to this, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Authentic or not HMs...new to this, please help!

Magpie812

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me authenticate some HM pins I have come across:

PIN 58999 WDW - HIDDEN MICKEY 2007 SERIES 2 - FAST PASS SERIES - EXPEDITION EVEREST
83d36f969152ed8a3cdabf7eec79e9421e217ab4_s.jpg
b3d263993be6b34db93e9deba50d7b19d535a8ec_s.jpg

http://www.pinpics.com/pin.php?pin=58999
What makes me nervous is that it feels a little thin and the back description doesn't match what is on www.pinpics.com for it. There is says back will have "made in china" while mine only has "china."

I am also nervous as it is responds immediately to a magnet and I think I remember reading somewhere that that is a sign of a fake/scrapper.

If anyone has one that they know is real can they investigate these two questions?

PIN 102252 WDW - 2014 HIDDEN MICKEY SERIES - UP HOT AIR BALLOONS - DUG
http://pinpics.com/pin.php?pin=102252
60c26fd960e5831bb5ae41e1e73ed0574f8a8fc9_r.jpg
af216a97e23fb5e4ed466e259dbeb909f62f741d_r.jpg

I want to believe this one is real, but am new to pins and HM makes me super cautious, especially as I traded for this one off of a CM lanyard which I am now learning are notorious for fakes/scrappers and the stamps on the back are off-centered.

Any help that could be given would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Magpie812

Last edited:
I believe the fast pass is fake and Dug is real.

The fast pass pins are notoriously scrapped. It feels lighter than it should and the dots on the front aren't uniform (the 6:55 dots look thinner than the 5:55 dots).

Dug looks right, coloring and thickness of the lines wise. He's newer, which means less chances of getting a scrapper at this time. It has two nubs and the Mickeys on the back look correct.

I believe the fast pass is fake and Dug is real.

The fast pass pins are notoriously scrapped. It feels lighter than it should and the dots on the front aren't uniform (the 6:55 dots look thinner than the 5:55 dots).

Dug looks right, coloring and thickness of the lines wise. He's newer, which means less chances of getting a scrapper at this time. It has two nubs and the Mickeys on the back look correct.

Thank you so much! Exactly what I was thinking but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the help!

I agree with timeerkat, but on the Dug pin - is the "2 of 5" box supposed to be crooked like that? I've never seen this pin before, so I have no clue!

Ninpin,

That is what has me worried, too. Everything else looks and feels right about it but that. I do know I have read some people say the quality of some pins has gone down a bit recently so am wondering if this might have slipped through the inspectors hands.

Maybe someone here has one that is authentic and can share their thoughts.

Best,
Magpie812

Let me ask Louis (MASTER) to post a picture of his set (backs).

Ninpin,

That is what has me worried, too. Everything else looks and feels right about it but that. I do know I have read some people say the quality of some pins has gone down a bit recently so am wondering if this might have slipped through the inspectors hands.

Maybe someone here has one that is authentic and can share their thoughts.

Best,
Magpie812

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back