• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auuuugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auuuugh!

opaleyes

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So one of my most wanted pins was on eBay, and was ending today. I planned to put in a bid on it before leaving for work. Did I remember? No. Did it go for fewer than $10? YES.

Oh MAAAAAAAN.

Just wanted to vent a little. I'm sure others have experienced the same thing!

Yes. Many times. I feel your pain, Opaleyes!

Have you considered using eSnipe? I know that eSnipe bids make some people mad, but using it kept me from getting swept up in bidding wars.

Sorry to hear about missing the auction. I feel your pain as I do that more often than not. Hope you find them again!

Carolyn, I do have a sniping site I use from time to time, but it wasn't getting many bids (ended with only 2), so I figured I'd just put mine in before work, and if it went above what I wanted to spend, it wasn't meant to be.

And then I forgot.

charlie-brown-argh.jpg

It happens, but it'll pop up again.. eventually.. I hope.

Of course then there's the fun of: a few weeks ago I finally saw a pin pop up on ebay that I'd been looking for for 3 years (non-Wonderland - just an event pin I'd really wanted). I was thrilled when I won it for about $16 or $17. Not too bad for an originally $6 pin considering how long I'd been waiting for one to turn up. Of course the day after I bought it, two more of the same pin were listed. And they sold for $2 and $1 respectively. And now a couple more are listed. :(

ARGH!

I have downloaded the eBay toolbar & have the alerts switched on for my watch list! Apporx 30 minutes before the lot is due to finish a pop-up reminder appears on the screen. Must admit that I don't use it too often!

It happended to me a few times with this one: Pin 48740: Disney Auctions - Villains (Yzma & Emperor Kuzco)

in the end... when I tried for the 3rd time... I got it cheaper than for what the ones before went :rock:

The pin will pop up again sooner or later.

We all feel your frustration :hug: but, with a lot of patience, there is sometimes a little pot of gold at the end of the auction site rainbow....

Here's my experience.

One of my grails that I had been searching years for showed up a while back...it was listed while I was up in an airplane! It sold (BIN) before I even landed, which I found out when checking my email in the luggage area! It seemed beyond belief - a bit like Chessie, I wasn't sure if it was really there...or not :cheshire:

Luckily for me, eventually, it showed up again. Of course, I paid too much, but it was completely worth it! :bowdown:

Take home lesson...patience usually pays off :x:

OOPS. I found another one on eBay that wasn't labeled well (searched under multiple different terms before it turned up). Paid $30. More than I wanted to pay, but ergh, I've been obsessing about it.

OH WELL. WHEE!

Carolyn, I do have a sniping site I use from time to time, but it wasn't getting many bids (ended with only 2), so I figured I'd just put mine in before work, and if it went above what I wanted to spend, it wasn't meant to be.

And then I forgot.

And this is exactly why I use esnipe, no need to bid a pin up until the end. Hope you do not make the same mistake again. esnipe, saving Tiki's life for 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back