• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

RAKed! BANGARAAAAAK!!!!

RAKed! BANGARAAAAAK!!!!

Tokaji

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Like many in the long line of RAK victims before me, I came home and checked the mail. Seeing there were packages on the stoop, I thought to myself "What the heck did I order, and how much is the wife going to kill me for it?"

Okay, so maybe they didn't all think that, and Hannah loves getting packages as much as I do, but I still had no idea what these wonderful packages were until I turned the envelope over and saw in amazing big letters: RAK. A stream of profanity spewed from my mouth, and tears came to my eyes. That's not an exaggeration. Hannah wanted to take a pic, but I wouldn't let her. Haha.

You guys. I can't even begin to describe how humbled and honored and speechless I am. Even just writing this, I'm tearing up again. I love pin trading, but I wouldn't still be doing it if it weren't for how amazing this entire community of Disney-philes and pin traders is. Honest. The kindness and generosity of the people here makes me strive to be kinder and more generous, and you've all become a bit of a second family for me here in the crazy world. This is a refuge. Thank you so much for making me welcome and making me feel a part of this phenomenally caring and human world of ours.

Okay, enough sap!
When-youre-allowed-cry-because-your-makeup-too-good-ruin.gif

Here's what you all came here for! BANGARANG!!!
tenor.gif

We opened the small package from @GreyWyvern first, and you know what they say about a small package....
Rak.jpg

Big things come in small packages!! Get your head out of the gutter!
Grey_Wyvern.jpg

First off, that card is so adorable I almost squealed. And the pins!!! THE DAY & NIGHT PIN!!!! AHHHHH! I love Pixar's shorts and that is an absolute favorite of mine. It's like watching an updated version of the old Loony Tunes cartoons, and never fails to put a smile on my face. And that topiary!!! Somehow, I've never seen that one! NEVER! I don't know how I missed that, but holy cow is it awesome. IT'S A SPINNER!!!! Guys, it spins... Thank you so much Grey! Next up was a large box from @SoraPandora (I love being able to tag people!!)! Inside....
Box.jpg

WAS ANOTHER BOX!!!! Hahaha. It took me a good thirty seconds to get through the awesome Nemo duct tape, but when I did... SO WORTH IT!!!
Sora.jpg

So much swag!!! The card was so sweet, and she had picked up on the fact that Hannah and I had just gotten our passports and were considering traveling, so themed her box on that. There's a Peter Pan pop-up book! travel games! a clown fish luggage tag! stickers! a mug! an awesome notepad! AND THREE UP BADGES!!! AHHHH! Sora, you spoiled us.

20180226_194302.jpg

For a bit of background, UP has always been Hannah's and my favorite Disney movie. Oddly enough, though, I'm Ellie and she's Carl. I proposed to her with a homemade Ellie badge that said "Marry Me?" (left) and made another, much better one (right) for her for our anniversary a year or two ago. These badges mean so much to us, especially since there's two; one for me, and one for her. Thank you so much Sora! And thank you so much DPF!!
AchingOilyEft-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Thank you everyone so much for all the warm thoughts and congratulations. Another wonderfully small but amazing package arrived this evening, this time from the incomparable @Ajk! Inside, I found:
20180228_181109.jpg

WOAH! I found it pretty funny that you thought it was a typo that it was a grail, but it really isn't. For some reason, I've never gotten around to getting this pin, and it kept falling to the back burner in favor of other pins, so it eventually just became a mythic thing in my head. I love this pin, and I think it's important to have grails that are somewhat more attainable, especially for an UP collector. Maybe that's silly, I don't know. Haha. Thank you so much for the great grail pin; it will find a warm and comfortable home on my UP board!

Thank you everyone so much for all the warm thoughts and congratulations. Another wonderfully small but amazing package arrived this evening, this time from the incomparable @Ajk! Inside, I found:
20180228_181109.jpg

WOAH! I found it pretty funny that you thought it was a typo that it was a grail, but it really isn't. For some reason, I've never gotten around to getting this pin, and it kept falling to the back burner in favor of other pins, so it eventually just became a mythic thing in my head. I love this pin, and I think it's important to have grails that are somewhat more attainable, especially for an UP collector. Maybe that's silly, I don't know. Haha. Thank you so much for the great grail pin; it will find a warm and comfortable home on my UP board!
Awesome! I’m very happy that it turned out to be legit. Enjoy!

Technically, this package came in yesterday, but I didn't get home until 1am, so I didn't open it until this afternoon. The box itself was covered in really cute Coco stickers and came from magnanimous @Disneychildwithin! Inside were some wonderful and useful gifts.
20180303_154549.jpg
20180303_154556.jpg

The first thing I saw, thanks to the card, was the address book, which is hilarious and timely, as I've been collecting the addresses of DPF members for various reasons and didn't have a good place to keep them - until now! There is also a great Mickey/Disney stamp set, a Belle pencil, a really neat looking Sherlock Holmes party game that I've never heard of but sounds like a lot of fun and I can't wait to play, and 3 (technically 4) great pins! Ratigan will definitely find a place on my board next to his arch-nemesis Basil. The Be Our Guest pin is so perfect, as is this set of UP pins that I have really needed forever! Thank you so much DCW! Oh, and I really love that you put the pins on paint chips. Hahaha. Random, I know, but Hannah and I use paint chips for all kinds of things, so you definitely had some sort of psychic brainwave with that!

Last edited:
Yesterday, an LBE showed up at our house from none other than the Great Park Wizard himself, @MerlinEmrys! I had, of course, to wait for Hannah to get home to open it, but when I did, we were stunned by the beautiful things inside!
20180312_203139.jpg

Those postcards are so cute!!! And the new Darkwing Duck pin! Pretty soon I'm going to start a Disney Afternoon board! Thank you so much Merlin! I'm going to have to hoard some Michael's coupons to get these postcards framed. :D <3

Back