• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

BATB PODM's! What scenes did everyone get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2000 of these puppies. Somehow some way, most everyone who really really needs one for their collections will get one.

That was what I figured. I sat back for a second and thought about the fact there are 2,000 of these and there is no way there won't be a huge glut of these in the market soon enough. It's never going to sell for retail of course, but hopefully it won't be too ridiculous. Patience... just gotta keep repeating it.

The only reason I think the prices might stay up is because of how hard this pin was to obtain. Most of us are usually able to run from one park to another and have always found some more, tangled didn't sell out as far as this one. People were not able to get tons of pins and since most people are only getting 2-4 each total over two days, they are not going to want to let them go that easygoing.

People brought sleeping bags at contemporary resort and lined up at 11pm the night before. I think this was THE most hectic and nerve wrecking release of all the podms.

so, I say all of that to give you my opinion. If you can get a scene for $75 I personally would jump on it. But that's just me, I know WDW is usually not as bad as DLR so, I'm interested to see what chaos happens tomorrow.

Do people really think this will stay the second most expensive PODM behind Snow White (this is my limited checking of completed eBay listings)? People are comparing this release to Tangled, but depending on scenes it seems like your average Tangled "good" scene sells for $45-65 now on Ebay.

I feel like perhaps there is just an unreal amount of hype on this one and when the dust settles there aren't going to be a ton of people willing to pay $100-150 for these unless it's the grail scene.

This is probably my grail pin, but I don't need it RIGHT NOW. Just wondering how wise it would be to wait. Have the chance to purchase it now for $75 for some okay-to-good scenes but there might be some international shipping complications that concern me. Just looking for a reality check here.

Edit: Well I passed up that opportunity. Hope I don't regret it later. :)

Yeah, the only scene that would have made me get one of these would be the stained glass windows at the beginning/end of the movie. PODM has a way of slighting the scenes I really want = $$ in MY pocket!!

I really can't believe they wouldn't make any scenes with the enchanted items (Mrs. Potts & Co.). They're huge parts of the movie! I personally would have adored a scene with Gaston as well. Hopefully more variety will show up.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but are these sold out in wdw? I have a friend who was going down and while I have a trade planned for one I'd love to get a shot at one more scene. Many thanks for any insight! :)

Other than whatever is the grail scene (so far that looks like Belle or Beast with birds?) - no. Unless they come up with a whole different batch of scenes at DLR tomorrow, this looks like the same couple of shots over and over (from looking at ebay). I was really looking forward to seeing what these scenes would be since this is the last "good" PODM, but the results so far aren't that interesting IMO. And I can't imagine the price staying high if all the cels look pretty much the same.

I think the Florida sellers are reaping the benefit of impatient buyers and come tomorrow when the California sellers flood the market they will drop to a low price of $65. Good scenes will still be above $150 but only 1 or two will be Snow White worthy. The Florida sellers definitely had an advantage on this release though. Now Cali traders/sellers can only get what's been paid already, the wealthier buyers are already done and the CA sharks know the money scenes and will be on the hunt.

I think the Florida sellers are reaping the benefit of impatient buyers and come tomorrow when the California sellers flood the market they will drop to a low price of $65. Good scenes will still be above $150 but only 1 or two will be Snow White worthy. The Florida sellers definitely had an advantage on this release though. Now Cali traders/sellers can only get what's been paid already, the wealthier buyers are already done and the CA sharks know the money scenes and will be on the hunt.
I pretty much agree with you up to a point. For me, it really depends on what scenes the CA will be giving out. If there are better scenes or scenes of Belle that hasn't been on the Bay that's also priced $100+ then I would think that people will go for it. But yea, I'm hoping that the prices of these babies will go down to at least $60 or something when the flood of people listing them up tomorrow will be up. Then again, this is the most hectic and crazy PODM release to date so it might stay kinda high. I guess only tomorrow will tell...

Do people really think this will stay the second most expensive PODM behind Snow White (this is my limited checking of completed eBay listings)? People are comparing this release to Tangled, but depending on scenes it seems like your average Tangled "good" scene sells for $45-65 now on Ebay.

I feel like perhaps there is just an unreal amount of hype on this one and when the dust settles there aren't going to be a ton of people willing to pay $100-150 for these unless it's the grail scene.

This is probably my grail pin, but I don't need it RIGHT NOW. Just wondering how wise it would be to wait. Have the chance to purchase it now for $75 for some okay-to-good scenes but there might be some international shipping complications that concern me. Just looking for a reality check here.

Edit: Well I passed up that opportunity. Hope I don't regret it later. :)
I looked on ebay and all the "good" scenes for Tangle to me were selling from $60-$90 though that might be because my definition of "good" scenes might not be the same as yours.

I really do hope you're right about paying $100-150 for grail scene since I could definitely see grail scenes for this series going from $200-500 depending on scene and also the fact that people had to line up earlier, longer, and it was sold out even faster than Tangled and Tangled's grail scene range from $150-400. Even the beginning of Mulan, that scene with Mulan and her father under the flower tree were going from $100-200 and it's still that price even though as the series kept going on, that scene is actually not that rare because hey! that's the demand for it. So even if there are actually a couple of that scene, sellers are going to keep pricing it that high because buyers are willingly paying that high.

For now, I'm definitely hoping that waiting is a good thing since the flood of tomorrow's CA podm release might drive the prices down... or keep it that up. So we'll just have to see :anxious:

I want the Belle holding the mirror with Beast and the rose jar scene so far and that is it (If anyone gets it and wants to sell it let me know). On ebay there are a couple but ALL the pins seem to be upwards of $100 no matter what the scene.

I think the Beast with birds is going to be the main grail scene. Maybe Belle peaking around the tree too. Love those!

I was hoping to see Belle with the dandelions and Belle and Beast together feeding the birds (which I would want). And I expected to see Belle and the enchanted items during Be Our Guest but so far I was wrong. I wouldn't have wanted them anyway.

Everyone is off shopping for Black Friday...or stuffed and is relaxing at home. I don't have any pins to show off and I am not shopping so here I am watching for someone else to post. :)

The first scene to be listed on Ebay out of Cali is Beast with Birds at 250 obo. It is a nice scene, but I can see many Beast (by himself) scenes circulating on Ebay for a good, long time.

** Edit ** right after I posted this, it went down to $169 OBO.

Last edited:
The current money scene:

2cwsx7s.jpg

$500 on ebay.

tumblr_ldxc72SW0E1qci62r.gif

I got two scenes of belle and beast dancing, belle in the snow( WHAAATTT HOW DID THAT HAPPEN) and one of beast with the rose. I heard that there were lumiere scenes, but I sure didn't see any.

I got two scenes of belle and beast dancing, belle in the snow( WHAAATTT HOW DID THAT HAPPEN) and one of beast with the rose. I heard that there were lumiere scenes, but I sure didn't see any.

CONGRATS! You must be so excited! :D

LUMIERE????!!!!! DID YOU SAY LUMIERE!!!!!

There is hope for these scenes after all! Way to go Disneyland!

Charlotte-Overjoyed-charlotte-la-bouff-25781442-320-289.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back