• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Beauty and the Beast [2017] Merchandise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty and the Beast [2017] Merchandise Discussion
Make her someone who is strong and empowered through knowledge.

According to the articles that have been released so far, the reason she invents something in the live action film is so that she has more time for reading. Her "thing" is still reading, it's just that she's now applying her knowledge from books to something practical that benefits her and gives her more time to read.

As for the dress, it doesn't look like wearing a corset would have changed anything about the design. The bodice even looks similar to 18th century stays, although the bottom part of the dress clashes terribly with it. But considering what Lily James experienced for her Cinderella corset, I don't blame Emma Watson for not wanting to go that route.

I for one am super happy they cast Emma Watson as Belle. She's an intelligent beautiful young woman. My daughter keeps on playing some clips of her singing and I think she sounds better than some singers on the radio. lol

Had anyone noticed that the UK Disney Store site expressly says the LA BATB merch will launch on February 2nd?

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/characters/beauty-and-the-beast-live-action

I find this interesting because a) there is no similar announcement on the US site (yet) and b) they DO also have that separate banner saying "Sign up for emails by XX January" (UK says 13th, US says 15th) so you don't miss out. But if the merch is launching later, does that suggest the Big Hot News on the 14th/16th (depending) will be the LE dolls? And will it be a preorder announcement, a preview of all the dolls, or a Hunger Games surprise release of them that will break the Internet? Ha.

Actually, this is bigger! From Disney Store UK Instagram:

disneystoreukBe our guest and sign up to receive our emails for your chance to shop the new Beauty and the Beast collection before anyone else, link in the bio. Shop exclusively online ‪on Thursday 19th January‬ for 48 hours only, before general release in store and online ‪from 2nd February‬. Make sure you sign up and tick the box before the last petal falls on ‪midnight on 13th January‬.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPHdOw_jpPP/

Last edited:

disneystoreukBe our guest and sign up to receive our emails for your chance to shop the new Beauty and the Beast collection before anyone else, link in the bio. Shop exclusively online ‪on Thursday 19th January‬ for 48 hours only, before general release in store and online ‪from 2nd February‬. Make sure you sign up and tick the box before the last petal falls on ‪midnight on 13th January‬.

interesting nothing like that on the USA site so far. Hmm I wonder if the Us is still going to launch the batb merchandise on the 16th. I guess we will have to wait and see

Had anyone noticed that the UK Disney Store site expressly says the LA BATB merch will launch on February 2nd?

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/characters/beauty-and-the-beast-live-action

I find this interesting because a) there is no similar announcement on the US site (yet) and b) they DO also have that separate banner saying "Sign up for emails by XX January" (UK says 13th, US says 15th) so you don't miss out. But if the merch is launching later, does that suggest the Big Hot News on the 14th/16th (depending) will be the LE dolls? And will it be a preorder announcement, a preview of all the dolls, or a Hunger Games surprise release of them that will break the Internet? Ha.

I really wish the US Disney Store was more informative on this kind of stuff. They ALWAYS keep us in the dark on anything that isn't an LE doll usually. But this is still really interesting considering that several stores in the US have confirmed that they will be putting merchandise out for sale on Monday. They have done this "sign up to be the first to know" type things before, but I don't think they have ever put out the merchandise for sale for a limited time before its regular release.

Sunday/Monday sure is going to be interesting lol.

Has anyone signed up for the UK merch release? Every time I click on sign up it re-routes me to creating an account, and I already have one..

I really wish the US Disney Store was more informative on this kind of stuff. They ALWAYS keep us in the dark on anything that isn't an LE doll usually. But this is still really interesting considering that several stores in the US have confirmed that they will be putting merchandise out for sale on Monday. They have done this "sign up to be the first to know" type things before, but I don't think they have ever put out the merchandise for sale for a limited time before its regular release.

Sunday/Monday sure is going to be interesting lol.

The only things I can think of are:

a) This is a UK/Europe exclusive opportunity, since they tend to get skunked on really hot merchandise.

b) This WILL also happen in the US (we do have that "sign up" email, which is identical to theirs, aside from the date) but it will be exclusive to online. In other words, if you have a store handy, you'll be able to get merch starting this Monday--but if you're limited to website purchasing, you'll get a head-start on the rush through this offer.

c) This will happen in the US, and the stores that "confirmed" they were putting out merch were wrong. IDK for a major company, Disney is a hot mess in terms of how the individual stores operate. There is very little consistency, and I'm sure even if Disney changed the date for the release (to after the "online exclusive" opportunity), you'd still find stores that do whatever the heck they want, out of ignorance or not giving two figs what corporate says. It is what it is, but it annoys me that it's hit or miss what kind of store you have.

I guess we'll all find out soon enough. I hope that, no matter how this plays out, the merch is gorgeous and people are able to get what they really want without a lot of hassle, stress, tears, etc.

The only things I can think of are:

a) This is a UK/Europe exclusive opportunity, since they tend to get skunked on really hot merchandise.

b) This WILL also happen in the US (we do have that "sign up" email, which is identical to theirs, aside from the date) but it will be exclusive to online. In other words, if you have a store handy, you'll be able to get merch starting this Monday--but if you're limited to website purchasing, you'll get a head-start on the rush through this offer.

c) This will happen in the US, and the stores that "confirmed" they were putting out merch were wrong. IDK for a major company, Disney is a hot mess in terms of how the individual stores operate. There is very little consistency, and I'm sure even if Disney changed the date for the release (to after the "online exclusive" opportunity), you'd still find stores that do whatever the heck they want, out of ignorance or not giving two figs what corporate says. It is what it is, but it annoys me that it's hit or miss what kind of store you have.

I guess we'll all find out soon enough. I hope that, no matter how this plays out, the merch is gorgeous and people are able to get what they really want without a lot of hassle, stress, tears, etc.

I am going to assume it's the second theory. The US usually gets merchandise before the UK anyways, so this gives hardcore UK BatB fans a limited opportunity to get the new merch at the same time the US does before their official widespread release in February.

Despite the overwhelming popularity of BatB, I don't think anything will be really hard to get unless its the pin set or some kind of LE rose or something. New movie merchandise always lingers for a bit before everything eventually sells out. I could be wrong though. Disney sure does love to make this hobby as stressful as possible sometimes, so I guess anything is possible. I am hoping that some store puts some stuff out for sale early over the weekend like they usually do so we can get a sneak peek of the upcoming stuff.

These turned out a LOT cuter than I expected them to! That Chip is adorable! Weird that there isn't a Cogsworth though. I am assuming that he will be a Hot Topic exclusive, as Funko seems to always make a HT exclusive set for all of their Disney mystery minis.

FNK14537.jpg

Last edited:
Despite the overwhelming popularity of BatB, I don't think anything will be really hard to get unless its the pin set or some kind of LE rose or something. New movie merchandise always lingers for a bit before everything eventually sells out.

I tend to agree with you on this, EXCEPT that BatB is way more popular than Cinderella or Alice, so those aren't the best barometers of how LA (specifically) merch will do. Also, Disney has been hyping the stuffing out of this particular movie for AGES, and I'm seeing way more posts, comments, etc, about it on social media than I have for any of the predecessors in this genre. And finally, Disney has been doing LA adaptations for a while now, and based on Cinderella alone, I think more people are convinced that the movie will be good/amazing, rather than doubting the viability of a LA adaptation. So more people may take the merch plunge without seeing the movie. I think for Cinderella, there was interest but also a certain reservation toward buying without knowing if the movie was going to be another Maleficent. But now ... it seems less risky. I just think this movie is legitimately generating more buzz. I'm excited to see it but NOT going to collect anything from it (no, seriously) and even I'm pumped to see what's coming. :cheshire:

I tend to agree with you on this, EXCEPT that BatB is way more popular than Cinderella or Alice, so those aren't the best barometers of how LA (specifically) merch will do. Also, Disney has been hyping the stuffing out of this particular movie for AGES, and I'm seeing way more posts, comments, etc, about it on social media than I have for any of the predecessors in this genre. And finally, Disney has been doing LA adaptations for a while now, and based on Cinderella alone, I think more people are convinced that the movie will be good/amazing, rather than doubting the viability of a LA adaptation. So more people may take the merch plunge without seeing the movie. I think for Cinderella, there was interest but also a certain reservation toward buying without knowing if the movie was going to be another Maleficent. But now ... it seems less risky. I just think this movie is legitimately generating more buzz. I'm excited to see it but NOT going to collect anything from it (no, seriously) and even I'm pumped to see what's coming. :cheshire:

Very good points. I totally expect the merchandise to be popular, more popular that Cinderella for sure, but I don't think any of it will sell out immediately or anything. At least I hope it wont lol! Like you said, I want everyone to get what they want without any drama or hassle.

Last edited:
Very good points. I totally expect the merchandise to be popular, more popular that Cinderella for sure, but I don't think any of it will sell out immediately or anything. At least I hope it wont lol! Like you said, I want everyone to get what they want without any drama or hassle.

I think the LE doll(s?) and pins (and maybe lithographs? I know they had them for Maleficent) will be the only things really difficult to get. Anything thats not limited edition shouldn't be too hard to get.

I'm quoting your comment again because Hot Topic put up a replica necklace and ring from the movie on their website the other day, and now it's already sold out and gone from the website! I knew this movie would be popular, but I clearly was REALLY underestimating things. Now I am just a bit worried for Monday lol! O_O

Anyone else have trouble signing up to the newsletter? I tried signing up to the newsletter with my current account but it kept going back to the tick box page with boxes unticked. I tried creating a new account and this time saying I wanted to receive the newsletter, however this has still not worked and it still says I am not signed up, very frustrating

Um what is this rumor that they'll be three LEs? A yellow stand alone belle, a standalone celebration belle, and a platinum duo. I can't keep up with all these dolls Disney!

Um what is this rumor that they'll be three LEs? A yellow stand alone belle, a standalone celebration belle, and a platinum duo. I can't keep up with all these dolls Disney!

I've heard that we are guaranteed to get an LE doll of Belle in her yellow dress and we MIGHT get a platinum set of her and the prince, but I haven't heard anything about a standalone celebration Belle. It wouldn't surprise me if she ended up being real though. Disney is clearly trying to merchandise and market as much of this film as they can lol.

Last edited:
I saw the sign up thing but as I'm already signed up for the Disney newsletter it didn't really do anything...

So what happens to people who previously signed up? Will they get early shopping access? This seems very confusing.

I've heard that we are guaranteed to get an LE doll of Belle in her yellow dress and we MIGHT get a platinum set of her and the prince, but I haven't heard anything about a standalone celebration Belle. It wouldn't surprise me if she ended up happening being real though. Disney is clearly trying to merchandise and market as much of this film as they can lol.

Yeah, it was my understanding that the (possible) platinum would be the one with the celebration outfit. Though I wouldn't mind if they went crazy-nuts with the LEs for this as I REALLY want a stand alone prince. So I can buy, like, five of them :p (An LE with a gorgeous sculpt of the beast wouldn't go unappreciated either...)

So pictures of the classic dolls are on FB.
I'm still hoping she'll be better in person, but she's still looking a little like Bieber. And Beast looks so sad (literally), I want an adoring face as he gazes upon Belle. Though he may be disappointed in how the dolls turned out as well. :p

Wow! Hasbro could afford designs on all of Belle dress layers but Disney couldn't. Jeez! The Beast I'm considering to see if I can use his body with an original Beast head.

Wow! Hasbro could afford designs on all of Belle dress layers but Disney couldn't. Jeez! The Beast I'm considering to see if I can use his body with an original Beast head.

What's happened is that the JcPenny Doll and the Disney Store dolls are based on an earlier version of the dress rather than the dress being used for the film, notice the bustle on the back and different type of layers

http://all-those-disneydolls.tumblr...-kind-of-annoyed-at-disney-for-thisthe-hasbro

^has photo comparisons

Truly disappointing!

Oh! Ty for that. That's even more dumb. Of course everyone wants the movie dress.

Exactly! How did no one at Disney spot this and stop it? :doh:

Not to mention the details are so lacking... I keep looking at photos of the previous Film Collection series dolls and the difference in amount of detail and intricacy (using nice fabrics, multiple types of fabrics, lace, jewels, etc) is astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back