• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Beauty and the Beast [2017] Merchandise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty and the Beast [2017] Merchandise Discussion
WOW!!!! After seeing the photos of Belle on the Flickr account, I said to myself, why does she look like Laura Ingalls from Little House On The Prarie!!! I wish Gaston was sold by himself because he's the only doll I want. I definitely see these dolls going on clearance. I have the Star Wars Princess Leia and Rey but I never noticed the mask face. I did however think they hairline on Rey looked odd but as another person posted, mine are in the box so I didn't have an up close investigating look. I feel like it looks worse on Belle though. Ugh, such a disappointment because the Oz, Cinderella and Alice film collection dolls came out so nice and DS really dropped the ball on these much anticipated BATB dolls I'm also shocked on the serious lack of the enchanted friends merchandise as well. Sigh

Man... I can't even find anyone who wants to buy Belle alone.. Why did they package her with Gaston! UGH!

WOW!!!! After seeing the photos of Belle on the Flickr account, I said to myself, why does she look like Laura Ingalls from Little House On The Prarie!!! I wish Gaston was sold by himself because he's the only doll I want. I definitely see these dolls going on clearance. I have the Star Wars Princess Leia and Rey but I never noticed the mask face. I did however think they hairline on Rey looked odd but as another person posted, mine are in the box so I didn't have an up close investigating look. I feel like it looks worse on Belle though. Ugh, such a disappointment because the Oz, Cinderella and Alice film collection dolls came out so nice and DS really dropped the ball on these much anticipated BATB dolls I'm also shocked on the serious lack of the enchanted friends merchandise as well. Sigh

She does! She looks like a mixture of Laura Ingalls and Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz.

She does! She looks like a mixture of Laura Ingalls and Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz.

Maybe it's just me but I also see a very faint likeness to Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables. I think the more "old hometown girl" look that she has going for her might be why I like her a little more than most despite the inaccurate face sculpt for Emma Watson herself.

Soo.. Anyone else notice a serious lack of merchandise for the enchanted objects? Wanna know why? Because Disney probably kept tweaking the way they look till the very last minute.

Kind of like how Hei Hei looks mean on some of the Moana items. Disney started making merch before the movie was done, and Hei Hei was supposed to be unlikable, but the writers changed him at the last minute. Anyway, B&TB is my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] favorite princess movie and the servants are actually my favorite characters. It would have been nice to see some re-imagined toys of them. I really want the LE Mrs. Potts set, but I've no money or a place to put it.

Last edited:
Aside from the Freckles and the huge forehead this does look like Emma Watson. Emmas a pretty Woman but she does have less soft feminine features than most woman she got a more angular jaw but I guess IMO shes not quite as pretty as the other actress in the LA films Lily James in Cinderella and Mia from Alice Angelina from Maleficent and the girls from OZ were all prettier IMO. Nothing against Emma shes a fairly pretty Woman and I do I like her shes a great actress but her looks just dont seem to translate well to doll form at least not the 12" ones anyway. I cant wait to see what the LE doll looks like. I think I will be passing on these film collection dolls(unless im absolutely wowed by them when i go see them again in person at the Disney store) and getting the LE doll instead

I think this is how Belle should have looked, I love tha face
The left one is the original the right one is a beautiful custom. Photo is not mine, it is from flickr user They Call Me Obsessed

https://www.flickr.com/photos/88143907@N08/31630971183/in/photostream/

31630971183_ee780c1db2_h.jpg

OH MY GOD for a split second, I thought that was a re-release of the doll and I was about to lose my mind lol! She looks gorgeous, and that is what she should have looked like without a doubt.

Well at least we know that the mould is not the problem. (Thought I would be happier if her head would be made like the classic dolls heads) And the forhead doesn't look too big, either. I guess it must be the facepaint I hope to see lots of nice repaints :)

It's all in the hairline. Technically the forehead is proportioned properly for a human (we get spoiled with the tiny foreheads on cartoons) but it gets emphasised in all the worst ways by that hair being attached behind it, making her hair have to reach around the 'mask' to give the look of fringe. It just doesn't lay properly at all. The ooak brought the hair around to actually meet the face and it's..... just so much better.

(The new face paint certainly does help!)

Received my Belle & Gaston set. Oh man they are beyond amazing! Minus you know the face issue but for me is not enough to keep me from being amazed by them. I separated Belle skirt to give the outfit the actual look of 2 skirts. That was pretty much the only thing I didn't like of the outfit and now to me is perfect! I counted at least 9 different types of fabric :bowdown:, so awesome! Her outfit consists of 6 pieces :eek: :roll::rock:. Love it, love it, so happy to own her. I haven't gotten to Gaston yet (very occupied & distracted admiring Belle lol) but here's some Belle pics:

9d217ed2-c33c-4528-932c-7cc0fbfddb91.jpg

3812de23-841b-4ada-9a5b-34431e5414b7.jpg

44f74fe4-528d-4999-ab49-0ab9dfd13d46.jpg

I was thinking of buying one of these head sculpts off ebay and restyling her hair to look like belles and putting that head on teh Disney store doll. what do you guys think. Of corse id buy 2 one to keep in original form and one to customize.

Modular-Art-MA015-1-6-The-Female-font-b-Movie-b-font-Star-font-b-Actress.jpg

In-Stock-Modular-Art-MA015-1-6-Emma-Watson-Girl-Head-Sculpt-Headplay-for-Female-font.jpg

I've seen the Belle and Beast pins but do you think we'll get a Gaston pin? I'd love more Luke Evans aka Gaston merchandise. I think Disney casted Gaston perfectly!

Have you guys noticed the BATB Enchanted Objects Figure? I love it, I really wish the stores would have more collectibles on display. I especially miss seeing snowglobes in store.

Have you guys noticed the BATB Enchanted Objects Figure? I love it, I really wish the stores would have more collectibles on display. I especially miss seeing snowglobes in store.

I agree with you, Disneychildwithin! The snowglobes from Disney's past were INCREDIBLE! I wish Disney made more unique items like the ones from the 90s, especially merchandise for adults.

Is this Enchanted Objects figure from the animated film or the new live action film. I have seen the animated one and I think its cute. I wish they would make one from the new live action film though. Also I agree I miss seeing things like snow globes in the store. My dad and myself have purchased so many amazing snow globes from Disney in the 90s I miss them. Also it should be soon that we see the LA LE 17' Belle doll. I am dying to see what she looks like

Last edited:
It's from the animated film. Call me crazy but I'm partial to the animated everything because it's my favorite Disney film. lol

We don't have a Disneystore in town so whenever we're traveling and are near one I always ask my husband to stop...much to his dismay! I wanted to show my kids but stores nowadays have a less magical appeal to them, not sure what, but I'm sure it may have to do with no big sculptures all around the top of the store like I remember.

Is this Enchanted Objects figure from the animated film or the new live action film. I have seen the animated one and I think its cute. I wish they would make one from the new live action film though. Also I agree I miss seeing things like snow globes in the store. My dad and myself have purchased so many amazing snow globes from Disney in the 90s I miss them. Also it should be soon that we see the LA LE 17' Belle doll. I am dying to see what she looks like

I've seen the Belle and Beast pins but do you think we'll get a Gaston pin? I'd love more Luke Evans aka Gaston merchandise. I think Disney casted Gaston perfectly!

Are you referring to these pins? I love them! There are a LOT of different items being given out depending on what theater you go to, and there is going to be a big fan event on the 16th at a ton of different Cinemark XD theaters.

16387293_10212177876508560_3163420928809254116_n.jpg

I was thinking of buying one of these head sculpts off ebay and restyling her hair to look like belles and putting that head on teh Disney store doll. what do you guys think. Of corse id buy 2 one to keep in original form and one to customize.

Modular-Art-MA015-1-6-The-Female-font-b-Movie-b-font-Star-font-b-Actress.jpg

In-Stock-Modular-Art-MA015-1-6-Emma-Watson-Girl-Head-Sculpt-Headplay-for-Female-font.jpg

Buyerbeware.
I have bought heads from this company before. they're not always exactly whats pictured. I bought a head that looks similar but off from this company. Honestly if you plan on repainting i'd say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back