• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Beauty & the Beast DSUK Winter pin variations (authentic pins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty & the Beast DSUK Winter pin variations (authentic pins)

MaidMarian

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My Beauty & the Beast Winter pins from the UK Disney Store finally arrived. I got two of them so I could have one as a trader. I got one from an active forum member here (not mentioning names but he can say something if he wants), the other from a pre-sale on eBay, and I think they are both authentic (I'm confident that the one I got from the forum member is :) ). I'm happy with both pins, which overall are quite pretty, but there are a few variations on these pins that I thought members would be interested in.

batbwinter2014eu_zps0fa15823.jpg

EDIT: The skin tone is the same on both pins; the sunlight washed the left-hand pin out.

Sorry the picture isn't clearer. Along with the usual small dips that I guess are becoming the norm for Disney pins, on the left, Beast's nose matches the darker grey from his horns, and on the right, the lighter grey. On the left, Mrs. Potts is clearly missing some blue details in her bonnet/lid and her base. It's not easy to see here, but the lines on the left are more delicate on the enchanted objects, and on the right, more delicate on Beast and Belle's faces.

One question: Both pins have the same sku number on the card as the pin, but on one of the cards there is the normal price sticker, and on the one I got from eBay there is one of those blank stickers that is meant to block a price scanner. Does Disney use those or was that added by the seller?

Last edited:
I'm concerned about the pin on the left. Mrs Potts has some coloring issues like you pointed out (see pic. The circled bits should be blue) and Belle is as white as the trim on her coat.
078f7ee9712c93cd2a0c413486636239.jpg

The skin tone is a bit washed out in the photos; it's the same on both pins. The pin on the left is actually the one I'm most certain is authentic, in spite of the color variations. That's why I decided to bring it to everybody's attention -- if I saw wrong colors like that on eBay, I'd think it was a scrapper. But other than the color issues, that pin is the nicer-looking one. Disney's QC is very worrying.

Last edited:
The one on the left is from the forum member. I purchased it close to the time of the pin's release. The surface is nice and glossy for the most part, and Beast's nose matches the concept art better than the one on the right. Apart from the color differences, it's a nicer pin. The one on the right was from a pre-sale on eBay. It has three dips on Beast's face. Both pins have a dip on or near Cogsworth.

I want to be clear that I think both pins are authentic -- I just wanted to make everyone aware that are production issues with this pin.

Seems it doesn't matter where the pins come from, as I thought DSF was the main place with problems (though I know the rack pins at the resorts have issues, too), but I guess UK pins can be just as hit and miss! Glad you still love them though! They are very nice pins!

I'm finding myself that I'm starting to warm up to some of the pins that I own which are not 100% flawless, but I too know are authentic. I figure as long as the issues aren't glaring eye-sores (looking at you again, DSF) I can deal with it!

I think the weird little pin holes you get in some enamel is the number one thing I can't stand in a faulty pin, however. I pretty much just say no to those, even if they are authentic - lol!

It's just poor quality control on these pins. Usually EU pins are great quality but the BATB is already known to be one with many flaws. Friend of mine bought two and one of them had Beast with a dark brown eyebrows instead of lighter. And he bought them 100% from the store.

The UK sleeping beauty set had lots of colour differences on the windows. I had four of each pin in that set, to look at they were great, but if scrutinised, I noticed that the same smaller areas were filled in with different colours. So, I dont think you need to worry about authenticity.

Thanks for the replies! It's good to talk about it here so that everyone can be aware there's a problem. What's unfortunate is that this is one of the ways we are supposed to be able to recognize scrappers, and mistakes in authentic pins are not helping. It's one thing when the PinPics picture has the same wrong colors, but when they differ from pin to pin it makes it very difficult.

I still think this pin will look nice in my collection. I simply love the design, as I do most EU pins. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back