• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Beginning Trader!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginning Trader!

DisneyDiraa

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My sisters and I recently got annual passes to Disneyland Resort in Anaheim (thanks, mom!) and decided that every time we visit, we'd buy a couple of pins and see how many we can collect by the end of the year.

I'm new to this whole trading pins aspect and I thought it would also be a good way to get out of my comfort zone and start talking to people. So I found this forum on Google and decided to join and see what happens!

Any and all tips would be great appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the group! You'll find tons of great information here within the forums. I've been collecting for a long time but once I found this group I learned so much. Enjoy!

Hi :wavey:, and welcome to DPF. If any place can help you get comfortable talking to people, it would be the folks here! Hope you have a great time and your collection grows and grows.

Bobbie :stitch:

Hello! Welcome to the forum. My advice: buy what you want, not what you think others want so you can use it to trade or sell. If you do the second, you'll be stuck with lots of traders/extras. At least, that's to start. Once you figure out what you like and what's popular, then you can expand to buying extras (if you have the funds).

Welcome! I second what jazzytrumpet said. Definitely focus on buying pins for you, not what you think is popular. Sometimes even when a pin is a really good trader it's impossible to get an offer you actually want. Good luck starting up your collection!

Welcome! I second what jazzytrumpet said. Definitely focus on buying pins for you, not what you think is popular. Sometimes even when a pin is a really good trader it's impossible to get an offer you actually want. Good luck starting up your collection!

Hello! Welcome to the forum. My advice: buy what you want, not what you think others want so you can use it to trade or sell. If you do the second, you'll be stuck with lots of traders/extras. At least, that's to start. Once you figure out what you like and what's popular, then you can expand to buying extras (if you have the funds).

Thank you both so much! I'm mostly doing it to collect the characters and movies that inspire me or that have had a big impact on my life. My mom tells me that when I first watched Bambi, I would never let her out of my sight. I'm a momma's girl. Lol, but thanks! I'm definitely gonna have fun doing this.

Yeah, same what everyone else said. I started out buying every trader I could get my hands on, big mistake money-wise lol. I'm also stuck with some traders no one wants and that's not a great feeling haha.

My New Year resolution was "only buy what you want to keep, unless you can buy a very good trader". But I can't go to parks so it's a different situation. I would definitely try to be at events or releases of "popular" themes. Those are nice traders.

Welcome to DPF!! It's a great place to meet some fab people and learn about pins and collecting in general. My names Charlie, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask :)

-Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back