• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Best way to propose a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best way to propose a trade?

miladymajor

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hello all, :wavey:

I'm still somewhat new here and wanted to ask for the best way to propose a trade with another DPF member...I've been sending PM's listing the pin I have (with Pin Pics ID and a link to the actual pin photo on Pin Pics) and the pin I am interested in trading for.

I've noticed that I still have some unanswered PM'd trade requests (some a couple of weeks old) and wanted to make sure I am going about forum trading the right way. I do believe I send fair offers (no asking for a LE pin that many people want in exchange for one of my OE pins that few people want). Should I also send a request through the Pin Pics trade assistant? Or should I just learn to be more patient - I get really excited about a possible trade and it's a challenge sometimes to wait for a response! I hope I'm not the only one like this! :lol:

I have truly enjoying being a member of this Disney pin community so far and I want to make sure I am following the proper etiquette of online pin trading.

Thank you so much for your advice! Have a blessed day.
Carol :)

I'm sorry you are having trouble :( I've been lucky that almost all of the PM's I've sent people have responded to, and I do the same. Sometimes we agree, sometimes not, but I've been thrilled with the number and quality of trades I've been able to do in the short period of time I've been on DPF.

I don't do anything to different from what you described. I send a PM with a Possible trade(s) title. I list the ones I am interested and if I have any they are interested in, and a request to check out my list to look for alternatives.

I have a few pins you want, and there are a couple of pins that I would be interested in obtaining, so I will send you a PM. :)

Oh, I forgot to say, that especially with Pinpics requests, I get distracted from responding for a day or two, because I need to sit down with our lists when I want to look at alternates (find a higher priority want) and sometimes I don't have time to do that. I set it aside, and then by the time I remember I haven't responded, a week or longer has passed and then I wonder if its worth the trouble at that point. With DPF requests, I try to look right away so I don't fall into that trap.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses everyone! Just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. :) I'll also try posting a trade thread too.

I too am new here, and I have been doing the same thing you described. I sent out several PM's inquiring about pins they had that I needed and asked if anything interested them in my trades. Out of 5 or 6 PM's that I sent, I had two respond back to me. Unfortunately, I don't have many to trade and they aren't of much interest to others, so no deals have been made. I asked another member if that was why no one had responded and they said it could be. That if they don't see anything to trade, they won't respond....

Getting excited over a trade is something I do as well..lol...so don't feel bad about impatience!
Hope you get some good trades soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back