• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Big B Display Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big B Display Board

BAM

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I snagged this B board today for $4. It was clearanced out and has a couple of scuffs and dings. For $4, I don't care.

But I'm not sure how to make it a pin board. The posts on the pins are a little too short to stick through the holes and put the rubber backs on.

Any ideas?

7a923c0e42efbb5fb9ba2a6524d5e19a.jpg

7a0f3ef353fbbc3356179845d28d6fee.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You could measure & cut out cork and glue it on to make it function like a regular pin board? I am not sure about other ways either..

Nice! That's a really good size for a pin board, too. If you're planning on filling the whole thing with pins, maybe glue some corkboard over the "B" (you could cover the corkboard with some decorative paper to make it look nicer, I suppose, and make the corkboard "B" a little smaller than the original board so some of that orange/salmon color still comes through) and then stick the pins on that way? That's the only solution that currently comes to mind. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

That was the only thing I could come up with too was to do cork over it. I didn't want to because I didn't want to buy a new roll of cork for that big of a project but I'm going to have to anyways because I'm almost out and I have a frame set to do for a Christmas gift. Plus, I need more frames done.

I had thought about using it as a lanyard display as well but I'm not sure if I want to.

What about corking or something behind the B, so that then when you stick the pins through the holes it has something to stick into.

The posts of the pins are still too short and don't go through the hole all the way.

I thought about putting something in the hole itself to keep the pin in place but I can't think of anything that will fit in the hole and not damage pin posts.

Hot glue maybe?

But I do like the look of the cork so we'll see what I actually have time to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back