• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Big Fig help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Fig help

beckysaurus

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with the retired Disney "Big Figs" or Big Figures? I have a 29" Rafiki holding Baby Simba that I am considering selling. I have scoured the internets to the best of my ability and can't find any info on edition size, year of sale, etc. Looking at past eBay auctions, it could be worth anything from $100-$2K.

I'm hoping to raise some money for upcoming wedding things and house stuff and while I love it, I figure I could start there. Any help is appreciated. Also, if anyone has ever shipped anything this big, any suggestions are appreciated :)

Thanks everyone!

I have this Big Fig, but it's been so many years now, I can't remember the details. Looking back at old pictures, my husband got it for Christmas in 2004. Worthpoint says it was a "WDW exclusive." But I don't know if that's right, because I'm not sure how my Mom would have gotten it to send to us, as that was before they moved to Florida. So most stuff they got would have been through the Disney Catalog, or Disneyland. But I think they did go to WDW for Halloween that year, so I guess they could have shipped it from their directly to us in AZ...hmmm. 2004, was the 10th anniversary for Lion King so they were coming out with a bunch of new merchandise at that time. I don't think it was limited, but a lot of that stuff was "defacto limited." Meaning they had one order of it and never restocked.

I have the box, but it's not in an accessible place, so I can't see if it says anything on it. If I can find the tote they are in, I do have my old Disney Catalogs, and I can check to see if it shows up in there.

Last edited:
I have this Big Fig, but it's been so many years now, I can't remember the details. Looking back at old pictures, my husband got it for Christmas in 2004. Worthpoint says it was a "WDW exclusive." But I don't know if that's right, because I'm not sure how my Mom would have gotten it to send to us, as that was before they moved to Florida. So most stuff they got would have been through the Disney Catalog, or Disneyland. But I think they did go to WDW for Halloween that year, so I guess they could have shipped it from their directly to us in AZ...hmmm. 2004, was the 10th anniversary for Lion King so they were coming out with a bunch of new merchandise at that time. I don't think it was limited, but a lot of that stuff was "defacto limited." Meaning they had one order of it and never restocked.

I have the box, but it's not in an accessible place, so I can't see if it says anything on it. If I can find the tote they are in, I do have my old Disney Catalogs, and I can check to see if it shows up in there.
Thank you for the info! I remember seeing a photo of it on this forum somewhere, maybe it was yours.

According to this it was Disney catalog and I would guess it is from around 2004. That seems to be when the articles stopped and since there is no year on the sheet the ones at the end may have been upcoming releases.

http://jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/articles/bigfigcheck.xls
On your next trip out?! Hehehe.

Found the tote with the Disney Catalogs. This is from the Easter 2004 Catalog. It does not say "exclusive." This catalog also had the "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" snowglobe which is listed as a Catalog Exclusive. So Rafiki might have been at WDW too, but it was definitely in the Catalog.

Last edited:
Are there no recorded sales of this big fig on Worthpoint? I'm sure that will help the seller get a general feel on the value. Good luck, OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back