• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Big Hero 6 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Hero 6 Merchandise
I'm curious, where'd you get that information?

My apologies I just double checked and Gogo is in fact a full grown woman, sorry I was getting her mixed up with the Capcom character Tron Bonne.

But yeah based on this silhouette from last year's D23 expo it looks like Honey Lemon is the one in pink and more feminine and Gogo is the yellow character who appears to be more aggressive.

http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Big-Hero-6-silhouettes.jpg

So it will be interesting, it means that we could potentially have two LE dolls for this movie as mentioned above. I am thinking they will be something like Sgt Calhoun, so they wont be part of the Heirloom collection but the overall LE collection. Either that or we get more figures like the Darth Vader and the Maleficent one but I would prefer dolls as they are poseable and will probably be more detailed.

tumblr_n6honvVOHI1t0jrxxo1_500.jpg

Ok, as much as I hated the people who compared Anna and Elsa to Rapunzel last year... I have to give them a point when they compare Honey Lemon to rapunzel.

I mean.... they look like twins, except with darker skin tones...
tumblr_n7y252uWPM1spx9gdo4_250.jpg
tumblr_n7y252uWPM1spx9gdo3_250.jpg
tumblr_n7y252uWPM1spx9gdo1_250.jpg

I am so totally excited for this movie. Like superheroes + Disney is just the best thing ever. Though I'm still curious to see what they (besides Hiro and Baymax) look like in civilian clothes.

Here you go guys, complete with sound effects and detachable armor pieces from the Disney Consumer Products 2014 Holiday Showcase show in New York City:

14500361015_ac6b525895_z.jpg

bay.PNG

Thoughts on merchandise:

Honey Lemon merchandise will fly off the shelves within days. People have learned their lesson from Elsa.
Go Go Tamago will be this movie's Anna... Except that Adults will like her and buy her merchandise. I can't see little girls wanting her cause they'd probably want Honey Lemon.

Their LE dolls should be interesting.. Especially since I'm 40% sure that we're getting 2 of each. One in their normal get up and one for their superhero get up.

Baymax stuff will fly through the shelves, especially the plushes. Although, I'm 60% sure they'll have robot baymax and cuddly baymax. The cuddly ones will sell out fast.

Fredzilla honestly looks gross and disgusting to me.. So we'll see what happens with that one.

I'm interested in seeing if the group merchandise will be skewed more towards girls or boys.
Are Hiro, Fred, and Wasabi going to be in doll form or action figure? Maybe both?
If I was disney I would do both. You can't have a superhero movie without action figures.

Overall... This movie could be very interesting to witness.
I'm personally disappointed in the look of the characters but I can't wait to see what they do with the merchandise.

I'm buying stuff the day they're released. If I don't want something after seeing the movie, I'll sell it on eBay or to someone in this forum.

I'm buying all the Honey Lemon stuff, and a big cuddly baymax plush if there is one.
Disney store best not disappoint me on this merchandise! Please please put out girl targeted merchandise!

Actually I was thinking... What if Disney cut down on the big hero 6 merchandise so that they can make more frozen merchandise.

I'm buying all the Honey Lemon stuff, and a big cuddly baymax plush if there is one.
Disney store best not disappoint me on this merchandise! Please please put out girl targeted merchandise!

There is enough girl targeted merchandise out there and I am sure this movie will not be any different as the female characters will probably get dolls as well as action figures and we will probably also see plushes.

I just hope that we see more male targeted merchandise for this movie, just because super hero/comic book movies and action figures generally come hand in hand so it would be great to see more male targeted merchandise from Disney. Especially since this movie will provide that opportunity. I mean about 95% of the Frozen merchandise was targeted for women/girls (which is fair enough seeing as the two main protagonists are female and it is a princess movie) so it would be nice if Disney would acknowledge their male audience with this movie. Personally I would love to see some tshirts and mugs that I could buy as I am expecting some great merchandise for this movie. I do hope we get a LE doll for at least one character too.

I think we can expect merchandise similar to the incredibles as far as action figures go. I think this movie will have just as much merchandise as any other opening film. I'm excited to get my hand on many of it;)

The sad thing is, I think most disney stuff is targeted at girls/women.....except for planes and cars.....maybe toy story as well......

Don't forget spider man and avengers and that pirate kid but he is aimed moreso at younger boys.

But I do agree, there is definitely a lacking in the male targeted merchandise with Disney.

I would think the merchandise to be similar to Wreck it Ralph too but yeah like with any Disney animated film there will be a lot if merchandise , probably not as extensive as Frozen but definitely a lot more than their live action movies.

I really can't wait to see what is released for this movie. I really want a nice big plush of Baymax as well and some dolls and figures of the characters. :D

My only hope for the merchandise for this movie is that it lasts longer than Wreck-It Ralph merch did. A couple months after the movie was released, almost everything disappeared from the Disney Store! And it wasn't like it performed poorly.

Honestly, I know people want a Honey LE doll but I want a Hiro one!!!!! I LOVE how he looks;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back