• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Brand New to Pins - First WDW Haul 9/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand New to Pins - First WDW Haul 9/16

Sunflower12

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi guys! I'm brand new to pin trading (can't believe I've missed out on this for so long) and recently got back from a trip to Disney World in September. Here's my haul from the trip after trading with cast members. Anything somewhat decent? Also, I can't for the life of me figure out what the black and white mickey pin is. Can anyone identify it for me please?

qss6zd.jpg

Also any tips for a beginner starting out a collection? I'd love, love, love to start a Dug collection but not sure what the best way to go about it is. Thanks!!

I think my favorite is the Tiana one in the upper left corner! I don't have any tips because I'm new to collecting pins myself, but I hope you get some Dug pins soon. :)

Hello
Welcome to DPF
The black and white pin you mention is a booster pack pin from Disneyland Paris , Fashion Minnie .
PP 90813 (PinPics is a reference / catalogue website for Disney pins)

Hi and Welcome! Is that Nana the dog with turkey feathers??? That is adorable! Sorry, I don't have any Dug pins but I will keep my eye out for them.

Hi and Welcome! Is that Nana the dog with turkey feathers??? That is adorable! Sorry, I don't have any Dug pins but I will keep my eye out for them.
That is Max, Erics (from the little mermaid) dog. I think its supposed to be a shell and not turkey feathers :)

Hi guys! I'm brand new to pin trading (can't believe I've missed out on this for so long) and recently got back from a trip to Disney World in September. Here's my haul from the trip after trading with cast members. Anything somewhat decent? Also, I can't for the life of me figure out what the black and white mickey pin is. Can anyone identify it for me please?

qss6zd.jpg

Also any tips for a beginner starting out a collection? I'd love, love, love to start a Dug collection but not sure what the best way to go about it is. Thanks!!

Hi and welcome here! Its so much fun to collect pins! You found some really cute pins. Most har so called Hidden Mickeys and booster pack pins that you usually find on CMs lanyards. Its a good way to start a collection. Best tip to get a good start is to buy pins from people here. There are always people selling pins for good prices. Sometimes blind bags and sometime bigger lots that you can use for trading. Be verycarefult if you are buying from that famous auction site though because A LOT of those cheaper pins are fakes and counterfits.
If you want to get more serious a good start is to try to get your hands on some Limited edition pins, those are worth more and easier to trade for pins you want. If you live close to a park they do release LE pins a few times a month and some pins sell out really quick. Some LE pins sells online at Disney store as well. Look around here and you will fins lots of good tips and tricks on how to get a decent start.
Also get an account on Pinpics.com. there you can add what pins you have in your collection, what pins you have for trade ad what pins you want. That way its easier for others to see what you need and see if you have anything they want.
Good luck!

Thanks, everyone! What an awesome community, I love the great welcoming vibe :)

@speedwaystar1 ah! Thank you so much. I spent like an hour on linpics searching through the gallery trying to figure out what in the world it is!

@CCofRR13 I wish it was Nana with turkey feathers, that sounds way better than Max in a seashell, haha!

@Snoffsan thanks for the tips and clarification! I've been stalking the pins for sale board and will definitely keep my eye on pins that catch my eye. Unfortunately I don't live close to the parks (which sounds like the total dream to be honest) /@ I'll have to keep my eye online at the Disney Store. Thanks :)

Welcome! Great haul!! I'm new to pin trading too so I'm afraid I don't have many tips. But I would recommend a pin pics account :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back