• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Brand Spanking New To Pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand Spanking New To Pins.

Baby Mine

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm Lauren and I just turned 13 on February 2nd so I was finally able to join here and I am in the 7th grade. I am also brand spanking new to collecting pins as I only have 1 pin at this time which is a Dumbo pin. I hope to get a bunch more pins when Mom and Me go to WDW in late June and into early July this year. I also hope to learn a lot from all the people here about the pins and collecting them. Other than Disney and Pins I enjoy Modeling which I do some local Modeling and I also love listening to music like Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, and Demi Lovato to name a few. I love cooking with my Mommy and sleepovers with my Girlfriends too. :)

Welcome!

The first thing I suggest (I also joined when I was a teen) is to ask your parents to get a post office box so that if you do end up trading through the mail, you don't give your home address!

Welcome!

The first thing I suggest (I also joined when I was a teen) is to ask your parents to get a post office box so that if you do end up trading through the mail, you don't give your home address!
Great idea, I think my Mom would go for that because she is pretty strict and doesn't allow me to have any Social Media stuff like Facebook or Twitter or Instagram yet.

Ditto! Even though I'm now an adult and in college, I'm technically still a "teen" for just a little bit longer!
Haha, well I just turned a teen 6 days ago. Prior to that I guess I was still a tween even though I feel the same. :) It is nice to meet ya.

Hey, welcome to DPF, it's nice to meet you! :D

It's nice to see a younger face, I echo what everyone here has said about a post box.

You should also check out a site called "Pin Pics" it's a great place to start pins! ^_^

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Hey, welcome to DPF, it's nice to meet you! :D

It's nice to see a younger face, I echo what everyone here has said about a post box.

You should also check out a site called "Pin Pics" it's a great place to start pins! ^_^

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
Awesome, I will check it out. Thanx so much. :)

Welcome, I am new here too!! I don't know all the ropes, but if anyone private messages you, tell your parents! I also use my favorite pin as my avatar and picture!!! Pin trading is awesome!! I have been doing it for a long time at WDW, you will have a blast. You can use this site, pin pics.com to "pin" all the pins you like and read up about pin trading at WDW, if you are staying on the property they will have a pin board at your hotel too!!! See if you can save up and by "trader" pins (cheap pins usually mystery pins), and also by a lanyard online (cheaper), so people know you trade!!! There is tons of information on this site on pin trading.

BTW I have a grand daughter that is your age and she loves pins too, I might suggest she get on here too!!

Happy trading, Joleen

Welcome, I am new here too!! I don't know all the ropes, but if anyone private messages you, tell your parents! I also use my favorite pin as my avatar and picture!!! Pin trading is awesome!! I have been doing it for a long time at WDW, you will have a blast. You can use this site, pin pics.com to "pin" all the pins you like and read up about pin trading at WDW, if you are staying on the property they will have a pin board at your hotel too!!! See if you can save up and by "trader" pins (cheap pins usually mystery pins), and also by a lanyard online (cheaper), so people know you trade!!! There is tons of information on this site on pin trading.

BTW I have a grand daughter that is your age and she loves pins too, I might suggest she get on here too!!

Happy trading, Joleen
Hi Joleen, I just looked on ebay and they have a pretty awesome cheap Dumbo Topiary Pin that I may ask Mom if I can get. No one has private messaged me yet and if they do and it is not about pins and is inappropriate it will be reported. Other than my first name which is Lauren I will not be giving out any other info. about me and certainly not my last name or address. Even if I end up making a trade on here I am going to take the others suggestion to get a post office box and use my User Name Baby Mine as the name to ship it to. If I keep it at that I think I should be fine.

Welcome to DPF! I joined here when I was 17, but started collecting when I was about your age too. You sound like you're on the right track in regards to internet safety (use a P.O. Box and NEVER give out your real name), and always be safe than sorry. (Plus one of the advantages of being young is that we have plenty of time to track down the pins we want. ;) ) I hope you have a wonderful time here, this website is full of fun conversations and news to follow. Enjoy!

Welcome to DPF! I joined here when I was 17, but started collecting when I was about your age too. You sound like you're on the right track in regards to internet safety (use a P.O. Box and NEVER give out your real name), and always be safe than sorry. (Plus one of the advantages of being young is that we have plenty of time to track down the pins we want. ;) ) I hope you have a wonderful time here, this website is full of fun conversations and news to follow. Enjoy!
Awesome, thanx so much. Right now I only have 1 pin so there won't be any trading going on. I really have to decide if I just want to stick with my favorite character Dumbo or just get any sort of pins right now.

Welcome! My daughter is almost your age and she and I have been pin trading for about a year and a half. We are having so much fun collecting and trading and I hope you will too. So many good safety tips are coming your way... I might have to implement a few for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! My daughter is almost your age and she and I have been pin trading for about a year and a half. We are having so much fun collecting and trading and I hope you will too. So many good safety tips are coming your way... I might have to implement a few for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanx for the welcome. I can see my Mom has nothing to worry about b/c I will have a bunch of Moms and Big Sisters on here taking good care of me. :) She will like that.

I now have 2 pins or will once I receive it in the mail. Mom ordered me the Topiary Dumbo Lanyard Series pin that I thought was awesome off of Ebay and it was cheap. So cool. I am a happy person. :)

Happy 13th Birthday, Lauren.
Welcome to the DPF family.
You've received some AWESOME advice above.
May Pin Karma ALWAYS be with you!
Thanx so much. Yep, there has been awesome advice so far.

Welcome:wavey:
Thanx so much. I am up early and my school is so far on a 2 hour delay and keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a full closing. :)

Something far too enjoyable about the phrase "Brand spanking new". Hey! welcome in. I'm still pretty new to the group too. Ask a tonne of questions and be sure one of the first things you do here, is go read the info about Counterfeit and Scrapper pins!! Will be essential info if you plan on trading in the park.

Something far too enjoyable about the phrase "Brand spanking new". Hey! welcome in. I'm still pretty new to the group too. Ask a tonne of questions and be sure one of the first things you do here, is go read the info about Counterfeit and Scrapper pins!! Will be essential info if you plan on trading in the park.
Awesome thanx so much. I will check that out once stinky school is over. Unfortunately the snow didn't do much and we only got a 2 hour delay so I am just waiting for the bus right now.
Hi and Welcome! :wavey:
Sweet, Thanx so much. :)

Welcome to the dpf community!! Everyone has given great advice that I completely agree with, just always remember this is the internet! This is a great community and I doubt you would have any issues but better safe than sorry!

Welcome to the dpf community!! Everyone has given great advice that I completely agree with, just always remember this is the internet! This is a great community and I doubt you would have any issues but better safe than sorry!
Yep, Mom has already grilled me on the whole internet safety thing. Since I just turned 13 I really haven't had exposure to forums like this where I could actually chat directly with others. The only other sites I have ever been on before are Webkinz and Club Penguin and they have major restrictions. I do know I will never post my last name and the suggestion to get a P.O. Box if I do trades is an awesome one. Also if I do trades I am going to use my username Baby Mine for shipping as well. Mom also told me never to post the name of my school or my phone number of course.

Hi Lauren!:) I'm still a teen too for a little while yet and my parents are very into internet safety too (as they should be, although I think my mom sometimes goes overboard, lol:p)
Try checking your local thrift stores for Disney pins! It's a long shot, but I found a Tinker Bell Minnie pin in one of my local thrift stores once, so I always look when I go.:)

Hi Lauren!:) I'm still a teen too for a little while yet and my parents are very into internet safety too (as they should be, although I think my mom sometimes goes overboard, lol:p)
Try checking your local thrift stores for Disney pins! It's a long shot, but I found a Tinker Bell Minnie pin in one of my local thrift stores once, so I always look when I go.:)
Thanx, that is an awesome idea. We have a Goodwill Superstore in my area and Mom and I go there at least once a month. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back