• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Buckle's Collection - Assorted Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckle's Collection - Assorted Themes

swashandbuckle

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right, let's try this again! This is my little collection that I worked on for 9 months while working at WDW as a CP. I haven't been back since May of 2013, but you can bet your bottom dollar when I do go, I'll be pin trading and collecting like crazy!

misc_zps6f42ff54.jpg

One of the themes you'll see in my pins are EPCOT. It's my favorite park and I love flags, so generally if something has the flags of EPCOT or a flag in general, I'll snag it. There's also the one below the EPCOT one that, to be honest, I grabbed because it looked cool. I think it's part of a Beauty and the Beast set, but not 100%.
flagsbambi_zpsf578c84d.jpg

I managed to collect all the flag Mickey heads while I was there, but upon further inspection the other day I discovered most of them are fakes, which was a bit sad. I bought the Germany one and the dragon one so I know those are real, and the UK and Mexico ones passed my tests, so hopefully they're the real deal! My roommates got me the two Bambi pins for my birthday because they all called me Bambi's Mom while we lived together. Long story :lol:
limitededitions_zpse5565179.jpg

More EPCOT pins! I was actually working the Food and Wine festival when EPCOT turned 30, so I was quick to grab any pin I could find commemorating that anniversary. The Chip n Dale pin is LE and was too cute to pass up. The Mickey pin in the top right is a cast exclusive pin, and you can slide the word 'be' so the pin can say 'Believe the Magic' or 'Be the Magic'. The pin in the upper left was really cool, so I grabbed it during one of my many trips to the parks. I was surprised to find a printed code number on the back, but beyond that it doesn't say it's an LE or anything, so I'm not sure why it's got the code. Perhaps it was given out on a specific Sorcerers of the MK night? I dunno!
vilcomics_zps0ef16a05.jpg

I love me some villains! I tried to collect the comic page set but the boxes were cycled out before I could get them all. Also some non-villains on the board here, gotta keep an eye on those sneaky bad guys.
grimgrinningghosts_zps80f4e477.jpg

My favorite ride in the MK is the Haunted Mansion, so when the box set came out for them I had to buy buy buy! I didn't collect them all but I did better than with the villains set, and I got the Hitchhiking Ghosts, so I was happy. That Goofy pin is really special to me because it was the first pin I traded with a guest as a guest. We were both at a pin board and he liked one that I had, so he offered me Goofy. He's an international Goofy, too, hailing from Disneyland Paris! Oo la la!
misc2_zps3fd314e1.jpg

Out of the carousel boxed set, I got super lucky with the one that I bought - it had Mulan and Khan, as well as Jasmine and Rajah! They were the two I wanted the most, but my roommate bought pack after pack and couldn't get Jasmine which is what she wanted, so I gave it to her for her birthday.
beourguest1_zps9febb071.jpg
beourguest2_zps18aa9051.jpg
beourguest3_zps836857ee.jpg

This one was done to commemorate the New Fantasyland openings. It's LE and CE and I'm a huge fan of the pins that open up, even if they are really heavy! They had one for the Ariel ride and I thiiiiink one for the Big Top Circus area, but I only grabbed this one.
magic1_zpsa51c651c.jpg
magic2_zps12041f65.jpg

magic3_zpsb5b506b6.jpg

This pin was given out to the MK cast members when New Fantasyland opened up. It came with the little box and art, so I hung on to that since it was so cool. It's hard to read since the pin is one solid color, but it says 'Grand Opening New Fantasyland December 2012'. It's got a serial number printed on the back as well.

So that's my collection so far! A bit wonky and all over the place, but I like it.

Last edited:
Love the Facilier pin. One of the few pins of him I don't own.
I think the number you are talking about might be the serial number. It's being printed onto newer pins. Another way to try and prevent counterfeiting...I think :dunno:

Thanks guys! And I figure it's for verifying if something is authentic, but only that one and the one MK gave us has serial numbers on it...I got a few in 2013 and they don't have a serial number...but maybe it was just starting then and they were only putting it on certain things? I dunno! It's interesting though.

Beautiful pins! LOL, I read your statement of "I love me some villains" while staring at the HM Figaro and Pluto and my jaw kinda dropped because I was thinking "Could there be any less villainous a character than Figaro?" Then you said they were keeping an eye on the sneaky guys and it made sense. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back