• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Buyers/bidders beware re: LE Anna & Elsa dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buyers/bidders beware re: LE Anna & Elsa dolls

princessaholic

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this is ok to share, if not please delete.

there is a listing on ebay for "Limited Edition Anna and Elsa Dolls from Disney's Frozen" that is very misleading. Title and description appears to be for the dolls but they are actually auctioning off "pictures printing not the actual dolls. The picture will be high quality and full details to be displayed in any area by adding a beautiful picture frame. This is lovely for any one who is in love with Frozen."

please read the whole description and beware, it has now over 40 bids with current bid at over $1800

www.ebay.com/itm/Limited-Edition-Anna-and-Elsa-Dolls-from-Disneys-Frozen-/261626147828?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item3cea2233f4

Right above the description to the right is a report item link...
It will open a new window...
Which will give you the option to report...

report him for false description, as well as copyright and trademark...
if he doesn't get in trouble for the false/misleading title + description he should/can get in trouble for selling and reproducing images that belong to disney.

I hope this was just a bad copy and paste because if someone really is selling a picture with that title, the buyer is going to be crushed. It's nice to post this warning though.

yes, i think many of those bidding may also be out of excitement since the starting bid was $5 especially for very highly sought after dolls that are very expensive, before realizing it was not for the dolls. i just feel bad for those who put in their bids and not able to retract, especially for that one who put in over $1800, yikes :anxious:

it has been reported to ebay and they are investigating but will not be able to resolve until 24-48 hours, which is way after the listing would have been expired...

Looks like it worked. It is now closed with the message "This listing was ended by the seller because the item was sold."

yes, i think many of those bidding may also be out of excitement since the starting bid was $5 especially for very highly sought after dolls that are very expensive, before realizing it was not for the dolls. i just feel bad for those who put in their bids and not able to retract, especially for that one who put in over $1800, yikes :anxious:

it has been reported to ebay and they are investigating but will not be able to resolve until 24-48 hours, which is way after the listing would have been expired...

I can't see this being a real threat. This went viral in the Disney collecting community. I saw this posted in several places, and it alerted everyone to contact eBay and the seller. That may make Disney collectors sound crazy... but maybe we are. At least the crisis was averted before it went to the level of that guy who paid 450 pounds for a picture of an Xbox.

So shady sellers beware, really...

The title seems a bit misleading... But the description does say it is the LE 2500 DOLL SET. Does that seller should be responsible for both title and descriptions?

In this case, assuming that the seller doesn't ship the LE 2500 DOLL SET, can I get my money back?

Yes the seller has the responsibility of listing as accurate of a description and title on their listing to avoid such confusion and problems. At the same time the buyers are also responsible for reading everything prior to making a bid or ask the seller to clarify something if there were doubts or questions about the listings. This will cover them and the buyer: CYA.

The seller ended the listing and marked it as sold. Members from facebook groups contacted ebay and seller. I think it got a bit out of hand at one point. I can understand reporting it to ebay due to possible fraudulent, misleading, false advertisement, possible/suspected malicious intent to defraud buyers. Even as far as reporting it to Disney for possible copyright infringement, she indicated it was a photo of Frozen's Elsa & Anna dolls.

I think some may have been so angry not getting any response from the seller and ebay taking too long to take down the listing while they investigated...but some members started into getting snippy with each other and even seller had to delete her fb acct or changed her setting. Long story short seller changed her ebay name and apparently many added her on their blocked lists. I just hope she does not relist the same misleading item nor even try to sell any printed materials of any copyrighted materials.

If this really was just a photo, then it was definitely worded in such a way to scam people, so I'm glad it got out of hand before someone dropped $2K on something worth 5 cents. You really had to read carefully to see it was a picture. Yes, it was in there, but the title doesn't even mention a picture, and then it ended with listing the dolls' edition sizes. Very, very shady :(

How did people even find out her fb account?!!! Just goes to show you that you can't get away with scamming online as easily as you may think. But that's the good news.

Her original eBay user name was her real name and of course someone had to look up her name on fb and put out a blast.

yes, it looked like she may have cut and paste from the original disney site as well as the pics of the dolls and then inserted that "fine prints" about the listing was for high quality photo not the dolls, does not even include a nice frame! Then her return policy was also questionable, will only accept return and give refund if buyer agreed to her terms and item returned in same condition when she had it.

At some point, if the seller was being honest, she should have alerted people that it was only a photo... She watched it climb and climb and never alerted anyone...

Last edited:
just a word to anyone worried about not being able to return an item from ebay.
what the seller says in their description doesn't count, they can say "i don't accept refunds" or "i'm not responsible for lost or damaged items due to shipping" but that's not ebay's policy.
if the item you purchased is not the same or is damaged from shipping, you can 100% return the item to the seller regardless of what they put in their listing.

the only thing about this instance is that, as misleading as it is... it does state in the description that this is a photo and...
i dunno, not saying the seller wasn't being shady, but i'd comb over every word in a listing before i drop close to 2k on it...

anyways, just from reading the sellers user page right now, it seems that everything's been worked out so hopefully this situation ended well for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back