Call Me Goofy for Keeping My Pins

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Doc Goofy, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Doc Goofy

Doc Goofy Member

0   0   0

Okay.
    I've tried, and tried, and tried every effort in trying to sell and or trade my Disney Pin Collection (DPC).
    I end up having separation anxiety. Is this normal for some of you? Am I the only one? I put quite a bit of time and memories in how I selected my precious babies for some time now. And yes, I have hundreds of them. However, my Harry Potter, Universal Studio, Sea World, DragonCon, etc. and every other amusement theme park/convention/special event pin I own is not difficult to past on to others.
    If anyone else has experienced the same thing, help me get over this goofy road bump. LOL
    I do want to take part in the selling/trading community but . . . well, you get the point.

2. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

Not sure if I understand correctly, but are you are considering trading pins from your primary collection?

For me I have a clear line of delineation between my collection and my traders. It adds expense to this hobby, but buy pins you do not collect/like or duplicates of ones you buy for yourself and these become your traders. Determining what will trade well is important (since what appeals to you may not appeal to others.) This can be hit or miss and there is a learning curve to it. My traders are all pins I purchased with trading as my specific intent, and I never have any issue trading them.

The other side is wanting a pin someone else has... It would be impossible for me to trade a pin I love for a pin I am just ho hum on.

Trading mystery or puzzle sets is always a way to get into trading too. You are bound to end up with duplicates or ones you just do not want and so boom... its a trader.

Ajk likes this.
  3. Doc Goofy

Doc Goofy Member

0   0   0

I've never really looked at it that way. I thought I was ready to trade/buy until a flood of memories came back with each pin.
    I need to further my research into which pins I'm willing to depart with over the ones I want to purchase.
    I went to Disney Tokyo in 2005 and I was immediately hooked in a new genre of pin collecting. My collection is too vast to mention here.
    Thank you for your support.

DeputyDonald likes this.