• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Can you find the highest trade vs. want ratio?

Can you find the highest trade vs. want ratio?

YoSoyAhPuch

hello
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Not sure how much of a game this is, but I've been looking through pinpics and some of the trade vs. want ratios and some of them are crazy!

So, post a pin here that has a crazy trade vs. want ratio AND tell me if you think that it is worth the so many wants.

I'll start if off:

pin1098.jpg

Pin 1098: WDAC 1999 - Haunted Mansion Dangle

Members Trading: 6
Members Wanting: 281

To me, I can't really see why so many people want this pin. I understand that it comes from an event at WDW and that it is a limited edition, but the artwork for the pin is nothing special to me. The shape of the pins is a simple circle and the coloring is pretty bland. The hanging ghosts look like something you'd find in the clipart in your computer and Ezra in the middle of the circle looks like Nosferatu. I just don't see the appeal of this pin. But apparently 281 people want it.

Now its your turn!

- Alex

The one that always comes to mind is

Pinpic 36444. WDW Stitch. I'll post the picture when I can get to my laptop and not my iTouch.

Ratio is 5 trades/315 wants but an LE 250 and a cast members pin

I want it yet the edition size kills me as people want $$$ for it. Not on my wants list but in my mind I do.

Last edited:
pin48648

Pin 48648: WDW - Pin Trading Logo Collection (Disney Resorts) Promotion
Members Trading 1
Members Wanting 262

This pin is on my wants list & will probably stay on there for ever!! According to the Pin grapevine a prototype of this pin was sold as part of a Disney Auction lot a few years ago, the design was replaced by 57440 & was originally intended to be part of the WDW Cast Lanyard series from 2006.
One comment on Pinpics states that this pin was picked up from a lanyard in 2009 - I really do not think so some how!!! Before Pinpics had a tidy up over 400 people wanted this pin!

Last edited:
This is the "sister" pin that goes with my earlier post

pin48649

Pin 48649: WDW - Pin Trading Logo Collection (World of Disney) Promotion
Members Trading 0
Members Wanting 261

This pin is ALSO on my wants list & will probably ALSO stay on there for ever!! Same details etc apply for this pin as the earlier one!

How about:
pin23954

Pin 23954: Disney Auctions - Princess Carousel Horse (Ariel)

Trading: 1
Wanting: 211
I love this pin! It's beautiful. Those carousels are really hard to get a hold of. Just glad I got Ariel into my collection first!

Most Disney Auctions LE100 that are popular do have the 1-4 trades / 90-150 wants.

I would say exclude those unless the wants are above 150? Or else, all the DA's will start to be listed?

Just an idea so that members can look for those hidden treasures that you have seen but never in person.

The pin from my HG list with the highest ratio is this one:

pin49515

Pin 49515: Disney Auctions - Tinker Bell as Ariel

Trading: 3
Wanting: 165

I think this is justified as this pin attracts a large number of collectors (Tink, Ariel, DA, Character dressed as another character, etc) as well as being a very well executed pin. It really is a gorgeous pin.

Still looking for 200+ examples...

Last edited:
These aren't the highest ratios, but these are the "classics" from way back at the start of pin trading.

[thumb]http://www.pinpics.com/img/p14/pin726[/thumb] T: 2 W: 193, [thumb]http://www.pinpics.com/img/p58/pin2939[/thumb] T:14 W: 230, [thumb]http://www.pinpics.com/img/p59/pin2989[/thumb]T: 10 W:183,
[thumb]http://www.pinpics.com/img/p76/pin3830[/thumb] T:17 W: 214, [thumb]http://www.pinpics.com/img/p157/pin7882[/thumb] T:45 W: 263

My Mom owns the hitchhiking ghosts, thanks to a friend. I saw the Maleficent Dragon once. Roomhopping at NFFC, only $600. The Mickey for President, I would love to own because it fits my patriotic collection. But the Wet Paint is my "that's so quintessentially Disney" favorite. I have one of the signs, of course, but the pin would make such a nice framed piece.

A looooong time ago I made a pin group for myself of the most wanted pins on Pinpics and only pins with 200 or more people wanting them were included. Since the Pinpics purge a lot of the numbers dropped, but there are still a lot of heavily wanted pins in there. Just go to Pinpics and look up the pin groups under my ID.

Back