• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Candy apple pins question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candy apple pins question

Aaryana

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hello, everyone! I live in Indiana and only get to Disney once or twice a year. Does anyone know if the candy apples are still on lanyards? I'm heading down in a few weeks, and there are still a couple I'm missing. Are there scrappers of these pins out there? I'm considering buying on here or eBay instead of spending a lot of time hunting in the parks on the only day I get to go this trip. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks!

Hello, everyone! I live in Indiana and only get to Disney once or twice a year. Does anyone know if the candy apples are still on lanyards? I'm heading down in a few weeks, and there are still a couple I'm missing. Are there scrappers of these pins out there? I'm considering buying on here or eBay instead of spending a lot of time hunting in the parks on the only day I get to go this trip. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks!

I have not seen any scrappers of the Candy Apple Pins, but they be lurking out there. At my resort (DAK Lodge) I can tell you that we do not have any of the Candy Apple pins available to give to Cast Members for their lanyards. Considering those came out around a year ago I would wager to say that most locations are probably the same. Which ones are you missing? If I see any I will set them aside and let you know.

I need Maleficent, Rainbow, and Olaf. I'm missing the chaser too, but I prefer the regular Olaf over the chaser. Thanks!

I just found a Sorcerer Mickey yesterday, but that was the first one I had seen in about a month.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I was just at WDW for two weeks and I have seen only seen a few candy apple pins (Maleficent & Olaf) on trading boards/lanyards. Not sure if they were real or not though..

I've been told they're out there. I still need one more. I know for Olaf, his nose touches his mouth for a scrapper, the real one has a gap.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have mickey, Olaf, goofy, Maleficent and Cheshire to trade if anybody needs them.

Thanks!

Pinpics ID benvb53

I have Cheshire, Mickey, Minnie, Rainbow and Olaf to trade and I am very confident they are not scrappers or counterfeit.
PM me if you are interested in any of these?

I was there a month ago and found a real goofy candy apple. I bought a sorcerer candy apple on ebay a week ago, and was sent a fake. In a scrapper plastic bag. Seller refused refund.

The scrappers are very hard to detect. I wound up with fake Maleficent and Cheshire ones but think my Minnie is legit. It's so hard to tell. I did get a Goofy Candy Apple in a Mystery Pin set off the Shop Parks app. I would like the Rainbow one.

I just came back from 3 days at DLR and I did get 2 goofy and the chaser....so they are around. The quality of what is out there....I cannot attest to that.

I ended up with a fake candy apple pin of Minnie. It was much thinner than your average pin. Not sure how to explain but the enamel was spread thinly over the pin? Plus the colour wasn't as vibrant. I gave it to my sis in law and she ended up using it for a project of hers.

This is one of the reasons why I take a minute to inspect any pins I get from cast members or from the pin boards. I frequent Disney and there are a lot of fakes/scrapers of the candy apples, vinylmation, and Mickey head pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back