• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Checking a bunch of pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking a bunch of pins

moss

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to WDW next week, and was looking through a bunch of my possible traders. I came across a handful of Hidden Mickeys that I'm a little suspicious of, so rather than pass along scrappers by accident, I figured it would be better to have the experts weigh in.

Sorry for excessive pictures, but I wanted to be sure that I wasn't trading scrappers!
nxftl.jpg

ojdt0k.jpg

- The mushroom pin is shiny and has smooth edges, but there are a few sort of sunken in spots on the front. On the back, there are no nubs near the post, and the metal around the post is rough.
- If You Had Wings is smooth, shiny, and has two nubs on the back. I'm fairly sure this one's real.
- Figment also looks pretty good. Smooth, shiny, two nubs.
2z83lmq.jpg

2hmhfkg.jpg

-Basil is smooth/shiny, and the Mickeys go all the way to the edge. The edges are rough in one or two places, though.
-The Horace pin looks a little dull and there are sunken spots on the front. The metal around the post is rough.
- The bust has shiny enamel but the silver on the front is a little scuffed. Two nubs next to the post.
2aeuq9f.jpg

2llzvhj.jpg

-The pennant is missing enamel in the 'a', and the mouse ears in the letter 'D' look sloppy. The edges are rough in places. Two nubs on the back.
-Orange Bird looks pretty good. Shiny/smooth front, smooth edges, the colors look decent, two nubs on the back. The only thing is that the tiny Pin Trading logo is missing the words, which PinPics says means its a scrapper?

Any thoughts would be great, thank you!

It sounds like you know the telltale signs of what indicates a scrapper.

I don't see any brush strokes or big discrepancies in the pictures, so go with what you can tell. Just keep up with the research on pin pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back