• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Chip & Dale with blueberries - fake or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chip & Dale with blueberries - fake or not?

Duckmite

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I just received pin 51765, Chip & Dale Health Food Collection (Blueberries) I had won on eBay.

This is the picture from PinPics:

pin51765.jpeg

The item had a similar picture (if not the same with the sellers stamp), but because there is a scrapper warning on it I asked the seller if the picture was of the actual pin. The answer: "Yes, this is the actual pin we have listed."

I have now received a pin with uncut metal in three places like the scrapper warnings stated. I have already called the seller on the outright lie about the picture being of the actual pin, but can I also make claims about a counterfeit pin?

There is one comment stating that many real pins do not have the metal cut. The poster is anonymous and there isn't much to support his/her claim, so I would like to know what the consensus on the pin is. Are there counterfeits out there?

Oh yes, the back of my pin says Mickey and not Miokey, like some warnings state.

PS. Do I remember correctly or did someone on DPF want to start a "library" with pictures of original and counterfeit pins? If somebody has such a project going on and doesn't have a picture of this pin with the uncut metal, PM me and I can take a picture of my pin.

To answer your question.

Are there counterfeits out there?

To put it bluntly, There is definitely a counterfeit of this pin out there. I got a bunch of them off lanyards a while ago.

Isn't there something like that kind of list on Dizpins and is it still available?

Last edited:
Hey you!
Looks perfectly fine to me.
Yes there were scrappers but if this is a pic of YOUR pin, I think its fine.
I have had both versions of this pin (real & fake) and believe this picture to be of the real one.

No, that's the PinPics picture - similar to the picture on eBay. The pin I received has the extra metal not on the picture.

I received a message from the eBay store with apologies and a long explanation about their policies. They don't photograph each pin if they already have a picture of a similar previous pin in their archives. The person who answered my question apparently didn't know this.

I was offered either a refund or the possibility to get a replacement if they have a proper pin in their storage. If I get the pin I was after, I'm willing to go neutral, but if I don't, can I leave negative feedback even if I get refunded? I'm not familiar with eBay practices in cases like this. Either way my comments will mention the fake pin to warn others to make sure what they are getting.

Oh, and if the anonymous comment on PinPics stating the pins with extra metal aren't necessarily fakes has no merit (perhaps posted by a dealer of fakes?), shouldn't it be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back