• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Christmas and Sketchbook ornaments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas and Sketchbook ornaments
I made sure to scoop up Elsa the day she was released (Saturday) and put Anna/Olaf and a whole host of other ornaments on layaway to make sure I don't miss any this year.

Does anyone have pictures comparing last year's sketchbook princesses to this year's? My mom just said she wanted to buy four and asked for my opinion - but I know we have some. We bought Elsa and Anna for sure last year, plus probably Jasmine and Mulan. If they look similar, I'm going to avoid them for fear that I'll basically get a duplicate. (It's confusing because I get a new one at the parks and they're the bigger dress princesses, so sometimes I forget which princesses I have in which style.)

I know for a fact that they have a purple Jasmine which is an online exclusive which I don't think they have done her in purple before.
I think with Elsa the only difference might be the objects she is holding onto.

This year's princesses have animal mascots. Mulan has Mushu vs last year she had a pot. This year's Jasmine has a bird vs last year she had lamp. Elsa is only one without animal mascot.

Does anyone have pictures comparing last year's sketchbook princesses to this year's? My mom just said she wanted to buy four and asked for my opinion - but I know we have some. We bought Elsa and Anna for sure last year, plus probably Jasmine and Mulan. If they look similar, I'm going to avoid them for fear that I'll basically get a duplicate. (It's confusing because I get a new one at the parks and they're the bigger dress princesses, so sometimes I forget which princesses I have in which style.)
Elsa was holding a snowflake last year. It looks like she is making her ice magic with both hands. Jasmine had the lamp last year and this year its the bird from her first scene in the film. I actually like this years Jasmine better than last year, her face mold looks nicer. I got the purple dress and she is gorgeous. May get the teal dress as well. Mulan is with Mushu this year and her hair is down oppose to last year when it looked like she was holding a lantern. As of right now, there is no Anna sketchbook ornament. They might release one closer to the holidays but I'm not holding my breath. I'd say go for Jasmine and Mulan, they look stunning this year.

I didn't get any last year (except the blue Aurora) because they were the same as years before, just the skirt was different. But I dug through my tumblr and found this picture from last years release:

tumblr_n7uw3uahUN1r4eusuo1_540.jpg

Thanks guys! My mom definitely bought purple Jasmine and I told her my top ones, but I guess its going to be a surprise because she didn't tell me who else she bought!

I went to the Disney Store this weekend and raided their ornaments... bought pretty much every one they had! There were a few they didn't have (Beast, Aladdin and Jasmine, and the Nightmare Before Christmas ones) so I'm getting them online with the Ariel/Ursula doll set. They've also added the Fantasia 2000 from the monthly ornaments, hopefully it doesn't sell out before tonight!

tumblr_nxbnw71Mxu1qhjr71o2_1280.jpg

url]

at Target today.

They also had Inside Out, Jack Skellington, jake/pirate, Sofia, Minnie, Mickey, frozen, Cinderella.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the Hallmark Elsa Keepsake ornament that they have this year is amazing! I picked her up recently and I love everything about her. The sculpt is excellent and paint job is really clean, plus the version of "Let It Go" that she plays is nice because it has the orchestra behind the lyrics, not just Idina's voice like the one at DS. It's definitely worth paying $18.

Went out and bought a new tree last night and put the tree up So naturally had to go and buy some new decorations from the Disney store. I have bought a few each year now, this years knew ones are Elsa with fabric skirt- she was the last one my store had so I was happy to get her, I got Anna fabric skirt, Minnie and Mickey dated bauble- this one is stunning! And got the glass ball Winnie the Pooh/Piglet one as well as the set of 6 Mickey and friends baubles.
Love these ornaments.

The Sketchbook ornaments are on sale for $8 each this week!
Thanks for the info! I am going to have to grab some of these. Does anyone know what Disney Stores Black Friday sales are going to be this year? If I remember correctly they always run a sale on their ornaments and other Christmas stuff

Thanks for the info! I am going to have to grab some of these. Does anyone know what Disney Stores Black Friday sales are going to be this year? If I remember correctly they always run a sale on their ornaments and other Christmas stuff

I don't know what the stores are like, but if I remember correctly from last year's online sale, I don't think the sale price was better than $8 (I'm thinking they were $10). They also had 20% off in addition to sale prices and then they did 25% on Cyber Monday. The problem is by then, a lot of their good stuff was sold out (or taken down for the sale). I remember even the LE's they had left were on sale and the additional percentage off applied. They also put the animators' dolls on sale, but closer to Christmas they were priced better. I'm holding out on some doll purchases for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but I'm probably going to go ahead and get some of these ornaments Friday when I get paid as I don't think they'll much more off next weekend (I could be wrong). Right now, you can also use the D23MAGIC code if you're a D23 member and get 15% off of $75 or more.

The ornaments will be $8 ea on black Friday. There isnt going to be any specials on black Friday other than the 20% off in the morning. This year they are doing magical week instead of magical Friday so sale prices in store will start mon morning.

The ornaments will be $8 ea on black Friday. There isnt going to be any specials on black Friday other than the 20% off in the morning. This year they are doing magical week instead of magical Friday so sale prices in store will start mon morning.
Do you mean different sales for different days? or what?

Well shoot, the Inside Out one isn't even on the site anymore. I assume it's sold out and they took it down. Do they ever bring back ornaments if they've sold out? Or is it gone gone?

Well shoot, the Inside Out one isn't even on the site anymore. I assume it's sold out and they took it down. Do they ever bring back ornaments if they've sold out? Or is it gone gone?

Unfortunately, once they are gone at this point they are gone for good. Here is a list of all the ornaments that have sold out:

Sold out list as of 11/15:
Ariel musical
BB-8
Evil Queen and Magic Mirror
Inside Out
Jack Skellington with Vampire Teddy
Jasmine - lavender version
Mary Poppins
Mickey and Friends ball set
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Mickey balloon)
Plane Crazy
Princess Leia with R2D2
Simba

You could call around to some stores and probably find one. My store still has lots of every ornament. You can pay by credit over the phone. You will have to pay shipping costs though.

Unfortunately, once they are gone at this point they are gone for good. Here is a list of all the ornaments that have sold out:

Sold out list as of 11/15:
Ariel musical
BB-8
Inside Out
Mary Poppins
Plane Crazy
Princess Leia with R2D2
Simba

Thank you so much for posting the sold out ornaments! Dumbo and Timothy is also sold out as of 11/18/15. Hoping to find them in store on Black Friday when I pick up the remain ornaments I need. :x:

Thanks for the suggestion! I had a lucky night tonight. I had to go pick up supplies for work in another city and went to the Target there. They didn't have all of the Disney ornaments but I was able to nab a Disgust and an Anger.

I then decided to stop at the local mall. They had a Hallmark store that actually had the Joy itty bitties in stock, so I was finally able to finish my set. They were out of the Joy ornaments but the cashier said that they're getting another shipment soon and put me on the callback list. I found out that they recently opened a Disney Store at that mall, so after Hallmark I went in and was looking at their Inside Out display. I got to talking about Inside Out with one of the cast members (she noticed my Inside Out bag), and when I told her that Joy is my favorite she gave me a Joy button from the summer play days event. I found their ornament display and got the very last Inside Out one they had, plus the second-to-last Simba, both at the sale price.

I left the mall as a happy meerkat. :)

Thank you so much for posting the sold out ornaments! Dumbo and Timothy is also sold out as of 11/18/15. Hoping to find them in store on Black Friday when I pick up the remain ornaments I need. :x:

You are totally welcome. :) Here is an updated sold out list.

Sold out list as of 11/23:
Ariel musical
BB-8
Beast
Darth Vader
Dumbo (non-personalize)
Inside Out
Jaq and Gus
Jasmine/Aladdin musical
Mary Poppins
Plane Crazy
Princess Leia with R2D2
Simba
Spider-Man
Wall-E and EVE
Yoda

On another note, has anyone seen the Leia sketchbook ornament at their Disney Store? I missed that one online and I am looking for two for Christmas gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back