Christmas Card exchange 2017

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Ksnuggles, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles DPF Moderator Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Here's how you can get involved:

) Post in the thread below with the following information by 11/15/17 - Normally this would be in Dec but since I am leaving on my honeymoon vacation on Dec 1st I want to make sure I get everything done by then.

Name
    : (First name is fine)

How many would you like to send/receive?: (Minimum of 3 cards please!)

How many "zaps" do you want to send?: (If you have some extra cards to spare, we can send a few "zaps" out to those who may not be receiving many. We can't guarantee that you'll get a card back for every zap you send though, but we'll try to balance things out!)

Ship International?: (Please indicate if you would like to send within your home country or are fine with shipping internationally)

2. Right after you post, please send me a PM with your address! I will be sending out all matches by the 11/20/17

3. Mail out your cards by the 9th of December in order to allow adequate time for delivery. (International shippers, I may be sending you your addresses at an earlier date so that you have some extra time.) [EDIT: If you don't feel as if you can make this date, let me know! I have it set very early two allow a minimum two weeks of delivery, so that in the event people don't receive their cards or the post office screws up, there's enough time for someone to send a zap card before Christmas.]

4. When you receive your cards, please post here and say thank you! A thank you can go a very long way.

General Rules

- If you decide to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible so that I may take you off the list.

- If you do not send out cards ( I will be following up with everyone to make sure they received their set of cards ) the issue will be investigated and if necessary reported to the moderators who will seek appropriate action.

- For your purposes, please to save a photo of your addressed and stamped cards[FONT=&quot] before you send them out. (We understand the mail can mess up! This way we'll know that if a card isn't received, you are not to blame.) You can mail or message this photo to me at any time, but it isn't necessary.

- Please be aware that the minimum amount of cards to send is 3. This should keep the cost at under $10 (dollar store cards are a blessing), but if you don't feel as if you can make this commitment either please don't play or let me know and we can try and work something out.

- As always, if you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me!

- Have fun!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. Ksnuggles

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Name
    : Kristina B.

How many would you like to send/receive?: All
    How many "zaps" do you want to send?: I am sending to all so this is moot
    Ship International?: everywhere.

3. jazzytrumpet

jazzytrumpet Active Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Name: Tim L.
    How many would you like to send/receive?: All in the USA (to send out).
    How many "zaps" do you want to send?: I am sending to all so this is moot.
    Ship International?: No, sorry

4. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Question: are "zaps" .. like pin zaps or more cards (or even other)? Please clarify :] This is my first time participating in the card exchange.

5. Ksnuggles

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Just more cards.

6. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Name: Erin
    How many would you like to send/receive?: 3
    How many "zaps" do you want to send?: I can send 2 more! (total to send: 5)
    Ship International?: prefer to ship only US

7. Purplemandms

Purplemandms DPF's Keyblade Wielder

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Thanks for organizing this Kristina!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

Sign me up!

Name: Li F. (#2)
    How many would you like to send/receive?: I will send to all in the USA.
    Ship International?: No, USA only please.

BTW, this is for both sis (Li F #1) and me :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  9. tinawap

tinawap Active Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Name: Tina W
    How many would you like to send/receive?: Everyone
    How many "zaps" do you want to send?: None
    Ship International?: Yes

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  10. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

Name: Sara
    How many would you like to send: Everyone/all.
    How many zaps?: N/A
    Ship international?: Yes

11. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Name: Sasha
    How many would you like to send/receive?: I can send out to everyone in the USA.
    Ship International?: Not at this time but I'll let you know if I change my mind.

I'm so excited! I have some really cute stamps to use. My handwriting is not that great so I might make labels, if that's ok? :hsd:

12. Poohlady5

Poohlady5 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    268   0   0

Name: Crystal
    How many would you like to send/receive?: 8
    How many "zaps" do you want to send?: 3
    Ship International?: ok

13. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Bump up for new recruits.

14. Haunted575

Haunted575 Member

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Name: Carlotta
    How many to send/receive: 10
    How many zaps to send: 4
    Ship international: yes

I exchanged last year and received some great cards. So excited for this year!

15. teddy_ruxpin

teddy_ruxpin Active Member

Rating - 99.6%
    255   1   0

Name: Sabrina.
    How many would you like to send/receive: 6
    How many zaps do you want to send: 1
    Ship international: Of course

I did this last year and i loved it! Thanks for doing it again.

16. Haunted575

Haunted575 Member

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Bump

17. pincrazy

pincrazy Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thank you for coordinating, and Best wishes for a wonderful Honeymoon!

Name: Darice
    How many? Everyone
    Zaps? Sure, if you have more names/addresses that need some holiday cheer, I'm in!
    International? Yes

18. DawnB

DawnB Member

0   0   0

Name: Dawn
    How many would you like to send/receive?:
    All in USA
    How many "zaps" do you want to send?:N/A
    Ship International?: No

19. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

Name: Jim C
    How Many would you like to send/recieve? Everyone
    How many "zaps" do you want to send? N/A
    Location Preference: International

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  20. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Bump up!

Since the formatting got a little screwed up in the forum's big switch, here's the sign-up info:

Here's how you can get involved:

1) Post in the thread below with the following information by 11/15/17 (Date may be extended due to the time that it took for the switch, TBA)

Name: (First name is fine)
    How many would you like to send/receive?: (Minimum of 3 cards please!)
    How many "zaps" do you want to send?: (If you have some extra cards to spare, we can send a few "zaps" out to those who may not be receiving many. We can't guarantee that you'll get a card back for every zap you send though, but we'll try to balance things out!)
    Ship International?: (Please indicate if you would like to send within your home country or are fine with shipping internationally)

2) Right after you post, please send KSNUGGLES PM with your address! I will be sending out all matches by the 20th of November.

3) Mail out your cards by the 9th of December in order to allow adequate time for delivery. (International shippers, I may be sending you your addresses at an earlier date so that you have some extra time.) [EDIT: If you don't feel as if you can make this date, let me know! I have it set very early two allow a minimum two weeks of delivery, so that in the event people don't receive their cards or the post office screws up, there's enough time for someone to send a zap card before Christmas.]

4) When you receive your cards, please post here and say thank you! A thank you can go a very long way.

General Rules:

- If you decide to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible so that I may take you off the list.

- If you do not send out cards ( I will be following up with everyone to make sure they received their set of cards ) the issue will be investigated and if necessary reported to the moderators who will seek appropriate action.

- For your purposes, please to save a photo of your addressed and stamped cards before you send them out. (We understand the mail can mess up! This way we'll know that if a card isn't received, you are not to blame.) You can mail or message this photo to me at any time, but it isn't necessary.

- Please be aware that the minimum amount of cards to send is 3. This should keep the cost at under $10 (dollar store cards are a blessing), but if you don't feel as if you can make this commitment either please don't play or let me know and we can try and work something out.

- As always, if you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact Kristina!

Also, as a note, I'm happy to help out answer any questions or bounce off ideas for cards. Unfortunately, due to grad school applications, finals, and a major surgery I need in the beginning of December, I can't participate. But until December 11, I'm happy to help out how I can through the forum!

Have fun all!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  21. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    202   0   0

Can't believe I almost missed signing up for this!

HOWEVER, I will be out of town from December 5th through 9th to help with a friend's recovery after surgery and will be working/getting ready for the trip on the 4th, so I may not get my cards out until the 10th or 11th. Please let me know if this is a problem and I can try to make it work, but I'd prefer not to worry about finding a post office while I'm there.

Name: Tessa
    How many would you like to send/receive?: Everyone
    How many "zaps" do you want to send?: N/A
    Ship International?: Yes

22. pincrazy

pincrazy Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Quick question: Does everyone want DLR maps again, with their Holiday card?

Is there private messaging still, can't seem to find where it is? Thanks for help.

23. Purplemandms

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Can't help with the maps question, but for the private message, you can click on the individual's username and click on "Start Conversation". It'll start a private chat, which is basically the same as the PM.

24. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    202   0   0

There is also a link to your inbox at the top right of the page, next to your username in the dark blue bar.

I thought it was very sweet, but I personally don't need one as I go myself pretty regularly.

25. pincrazy

pincrazy Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Ok cool, Thanks everyone