• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Cinderella 2015 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinderella 2015 Merchandise

TheDisneyFanatic

Servant of the Dark Fairy
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why am I making a thread about this movie this early in the year? Ugh lol my excitement is too high!

So in case you didn't know, Cinderella is getting a live action movie that will be coming out in March of 2015. The teaser trailer was released today showing off a rather beautiful looking rendition of the glass slipper with some gorgeous music in the background. Cinderella, while not my favorite princess, is easily ONE of my favorite princesses and my favorite Disney movie in general. The fact that a live action one is even being made is rather surprising, and I couldn't be more excited!

I wanted to make this thread as a place to discuss and post information about merchandise that will be released for the film (and the film in general of course). There is the usual mugs, clothes, and dolls that will more than likely be created, but what about limited edition items? I would love to hear some ideas :D!

I can't wait to see the journal this movie brings.. I think I'm slowly going into journal collecting but I'll actually write in them!

Personally I think it is way to early for this thread, sorta premature LOL

The movie is still in pre-production changes so there is still a lot that can change.

I think rather than looking way too far ahead to just get a little more excited about what is to come this year such as the Designer Fairytale collection Part 2, the limited edition Sleeping Beauty dolls and the possible Big Hero 6 LE doll. So there is definitely a lot to look forward to this year before we start anticipating what's to come next year. Maybe you could even start a new thread for Guardians of the Galaxy and Big Hero 6 movies as they are coming out a lot sooner than Cinderella will be LOL.

I am beyond excited for this movie! Looks so good her glass slipper is so pretty! Cinderella is one of my favourite films. After Maleficent is out I will be looking forward to Cinderella, as not in the slightest interested in big hero six which sounds boring.
Im hoping as part of this years designer collection we might finally get a decent Cinderella doll.

I am beyond excited for this movie! Looks so good her glass slipper is so pretty! Cinderella is one of my favourite films. After Maleficent is out I will be looking forward to Cinderella, as not in the slightest interested in big hero six which sounds boring.
Im hoping as part of this years designer collection we might finally get a decent Cinderella doll.

Don't get me wrong it is a great topic and all but like I said it is a little pre-mature, maybe talking about the movie and your opinions about it would be better?

Sorta like
- what do you think of Lily James playing Cinderella, or Cate Blanchett as Lady Tremaine or even Helena Bonham Carter as the fairy godmother?
- Helena generally plays quirky darker characters so does that mean that the fairy god mother is going to be more gothic and twisted as opposed to being an elderly mothering type?
- do you think the movie will be similar to the cartoon? Because she was helped by the mice in that one, so does that mean we will get CGI animals or will Disney try making it a little more realistic like Ever after? Looking at the current cast I don't see any talking animals.
- If this is going to be a two hour movie what do you think it is going to be about because if there are no animals helping Cindy (or Ella as she is going to be known in the movie) then what else will they fill it with?
- The movie is directed by Kenneth Branagh (he played Professor Lockhart in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets) who initially directed a lot of Shakespearean plays but more recently has directed more action films like Thor or Jack Ryan so it would be interesting to see how he goes with directing a Disney classic.

So yeah there is sooo much about the movie that we could talk about before going straight to talking about the merchandise but to bring it back to topic if we are talking merchandise release then you would expect a lot of clothing, make up, Disney Movie Collection dolls, some LE pins and possibly some other LE merchandise, right now it is too early to tell but it could be anything from another figure similar to Maleficent or something completely different like a LE glass slipper.

Last edited:
Wow Calm down! Didn't mean it directed at you or for it to sound like a spoilt kid. I meant to me it sounds boring just because before frozen came out I was excited whereas big hero six I'm not and yes it's just because I prefer princess films. Doesn't mean you can't be excited for it I just like princess's and would rather chat about Cinderella than big hero six.

Tbh I'm quite offended actually because all I meant is I'd rather talk about this topic than another film I have no interest in.

It might be premature this thread but who cares? The people who are more excited for this can chat here and those who want to talk about other stuff can do it else well.
Its only like people were chatting about this years designer collection last year! And speculating so I see no reason we can't do that here.
I have noticed you jump on a lot of people with your opinion like you are the police! Makes you wary to post tbh

Also ungrateful for looking forward to Cinderella merchandise instead of merchandise that's coming this year? Ungrateful to who? Personally I am looking forward to all sleeping beauty merchandise but after that my next focus would be Cinderella as I don't collect the designer dolls and I'm not interested in merchandise from a film with no princess, some people don't buy everything's that disney release. I don't no how that makes you ungrateful :s

Last edited:
Calmed down and back on topic lol
I would love if they did a LE replica of the glass slipper! I think we will get more merchandise for Cinderella than maleficent because it's a more well known story and it's a princess film so they can do lots of pretty things. I am excited because so far their isn't a lot of nice Cinderella merchandise so hopefully we will get some stunning items!

Again wasn't saying you were directing anything at me was just pointing out how I interpreted what you said I did not mean to offend but was jut pointing out that that is how it read as written text is always open to interpretation. But I do apologise I don't mean to jump on people like the police I just think that yes it's a great topic but there is just so much more that we are missing talking about by just going straight to the merchandise.

Maybe it is just because ever since the influx of newbies the mood of the forum has just changed so much from being informative to just hype so I try to still keep it as informative as I can. Then again me ceasing to post on here is no loss to me and I have other avenues in which I can divulge my knowledge of Disney collecting.

But i digress you are correct there is no need for me to post if I have nothing positive to contribute on the matter so for that I do apologise. But in all fairness I did point out some great potential LE merchandise ideas.

Last edited:
I have zero interest in Guardians of the Galaxay and Big Hero 6 AND Maleficent, so I'm glad to see this thread!

Glad to hear that I am not the only one! I hope we get a good Cinderella doll as well. She is one of the only ones out of the Designer line that I want. Cinderella is one of Disney's hottest properties so I am expecting a lot to come out of this movie.

Don't get me wrong it is a great topic and all but like I said it is a little pre-mature, maybe talking about the movie and your opinions about it would be better?

Sorta like
- what do you think of Lily James playing Cinderella, or Cate Blanchett as Lady Tremaine or even Helena Bonham Carter as the fairy godmother?
- Helena generally plays quirky darker characters so does that mean that the fairy god mother is going to be more gothic and twisted as opposed to being an elderly mothering type?
- do you think the movie will be similar to the cartoon? Because she was helped by the mice in that one, so does that mean we will get CGI animals or will Disney try making it a little more realistic like Ever after? Looking at the current cast I don't see any talking animals.
- If this is going to be a two hour movie what do you think it is going to be about because if there are no animals helping Cindy (or Ella as she is going to be known in the movie) then what else will they fill it with?
- The movie is directed by Kenneth Branagh (he played Professor Lockhart in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets) who initially directed a lot of Shakespearean plays but more recently has directed more action films like Thor or Jack Ryan so it would be interesting to see how he goes with directing a Disney classic.

So yeah there is sooo much about the movie that we could talk about before going straight to talking about the merchandise but to bring it back to topic if we are talking merchandise release then you would expect a lot of clothing, make up, Disney Movie Collection dolls, some LE pins and possibly some other LE merchandise, right now it is too early to tell but it could be anything from another figure similar to Maleficent or something completely different like a LE glass slipper.

I honestly thought maybe it would be too early for a topic like this, so I was hesitant on making it lol. But my excitement got the best of me and I had to make a topic about it. I want this thread to be an area where we can talk about the merchandise but also the film in general and post plenty of information.

As for what I feel about the film and to answer what you asked, I LOVE the acting choices. I particularly like Cate Blanchett playing as Lady Tremaine. She is an excellent actor, probably one of my favorites, and a lot of people wanted her to play Maleficent in the Maleficent movie, so this is a nice consolation prize. I like that Helena Bonham Carter is playing the fairy god mother, but I feel that she going to be very different from the original sweet kind hearted godmother from the original. She will probably be sarcastic and witty in a way, which while different would be a nice change of pace. I think it will be similar to the original film with new elements sprinkled throughout, and we get more motivation for why Cinderella stays with her awful stepmothers and stepsisters. There will be animals according to the official description by Disney, but I don't think there will be specifically named mice and birds like Jaq and Gus in the original film and they appear to work with the fairy god mother.

I wonder if we will get some LE glass slipper.. Disney store already has a replica glass slipper though. From what I saw on the teaser trailer there is an added butterfly, but that's it. So I guess there is some slight potential for it? Like I said though, I'm eager for the journal. I hope it's pretty. I'm not as crazy about the dolls though, these Maleficent ones just aren't doing it for me, I guess I just don't like the human likeness as much. I'd be interested in perhaps some pins. I haven't collected pins, so maybe I can start there.

I'm not thinking about merchandise for this film yet but I am excited to see what will be coming.

I love HBC so I am interested to see her interpretation of the Fairy Godmother.

However for now I'm going to think about Maleficent :)

I wonder if we will get some LE glass slipper.. Disney store already has a replica glass slipper though. From what I saw on the teaser trailer there is an added butterfly, but that's it. So I guess there is some slight potential for it? Like I said though, I'm eager for the journal. I hope it's pretty. I'm not as crazy about the dolls though, these Maleficent ones just aren't doing it for me, I guess I just don't like the human likeness as much. I'd be interested in perhaps some pins. I haven't collected pins, so maybe I can start there.

Which replica are you talking about? Don't think I have seen it?

Which replica are you talking about? Don't think I have seen it?

There have been a few in the past. For example one was released for the 25th anniversary of the Disney Store and some others were released for the Cinderella Diamond Edition. Here are some pictures :).

$_57.JPG

img_3136.jpg

I would expect a new Disney Store limited edition slipper for the new movie as its design is different from the animated one. The one in the original animated film looks like its literally made of glass with a very cute heart on it, while the one being used in the live action film looks more crystallized and has a butterfly on it instead of a heart. As a HUGE Cinderella fan, I really need to pick up one of the animated ones and especially the live action one.

I love the first glass slipper! Wonder why the second one says Aurora on it? I think they will do one for the live action movie as it's different to the animated. Thanks for info guys

I love the first glass slipper! Wonder why the second one says Aurora on it? I think they will do one for the live action movie as it's different to the animated. Thanks for info guys

The glass slippers are created by the Arribas Brothers, therefore like all Arribas Brothers products you can customise it by having a name engraved on the item. So in that image above they got Princess Aurora as their customisation.

http://www.disneystore.com/figurine...bas-medium-personalizable/mp/1311209/1000276/

I'm not even that much of a Cinderella fan, but I kind of want this glass slipper. The one the brothers made looks true to the cartoon and like Cindy's feet wouldn't kill her. The one from the trailer...Oooh Lord that is quite a heel...but I like how it looks like it is carved from a diamond. ;)

The glass slippers are created by the Arribas Brothers, therefore like all Arribas Brothers products you can customise it by having a name engraved on the item. So in that image above they got Princess Aurora as their customisation.

http://www.disneystore.com/figurine...bas-medium-personalizable/mp/1311209/1000276/

Thank you, not heard of the Arribas Brothers before but that's cool that you can customise the item! I would love to own a replica of the Animated glass slipper and one of the live action movie, to me they are different enough to warrant having both versions. Got ages to save just incase they do one next year.

That glass slipper in the link above is quite reasonable price wise, I wonder what packaging it comes in.
I do love the crystal like effect and the butterfly on the new one though and the higher heel is cool.
I was disappointed that the LE Cinderella doll didn't have the heart on her shoe especially comparing to Elsa's ice shoes you would think Cinderella would have had the best shoes lol.

Last edited:
Hmmm curious to see how this movie turns out. I am not really a fan of Cinderella but I woiuld still see this film to see how it turns out. Not sure if I would buy any merchandise based on the film(until I see whats available) but I do hope that for those that want it I hope there is more available than what wee have gotten with Maleficent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back