• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Cinderella 2015 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is mattel so good at realistic dolls yet fails horribly at the new princesses, and Disney struggles with the opposite?

Dolls are nice, still Mattel rocks with these movie dolls and it's a shame they didn't do Maleficent.

Wow there is a lot of nice stuff being revealed! The tea set and phone case are really nice and probably the best things out of the non-doll merch. The Disney Store dolls are nice for what they are, but I honestly have to say that the Mattel dolls are destroying the Disney Store versions right now. I am once again under the mind set that all Disney Store dolls look much better in person, so I am sure I will love both versions. However, the Mattell Lady Tremaine is a must buy for me right now and maybe the Cinderella too.

I am also REALLY surprised we are actually getting a new 17 inch doll for the films release. We didn't get one for Maleficent, but I suppose it makes sense when we look back at other doll releases. Alice in Wonderland didn't get a doll, but the Alice doll we eventually got did have a lot of elements of the Burton film in it. Then with Oz the Great and Powerful, we got a China Girl doll. We didn't get anything for Maleficent, but the Maleficent doll we got for the Diamond Edition release had elements of the Jolie version in her design (plus we got that really nice Hot Toys figure, which is a million times better than any Disney Store doll in terms of quality). So I suppose its not all the weird that Cinderella is getting a doll of her own for this film.

I am also hoping we get a replica glass slipper! It wouldn't be right to give us all this stuff and not give us a glass slipper of some kind during the year. The D23 expo would be the perfect place to sell some.

I am really suprised no one has posted these pictures here yet, but I thought I would share. They look very nice in their boxes, though I still think the Mattel versions are the definitive versions right now. Still, at least the Disney Store has the wedding doll set and they do look nice for what they are. If anyone finds out anything on a release date for this stuff, PLEASE post it here. I don't want to have to go through the
pain of staying up all night waiting for new stuff again.
10845974_777632712310615_1671572102433180102_n.jpg
12878_777632718977281_2484225273840658387_n.jpg

10849728_777632715643948_2018704259055383799_n.jpg
10353170_777632722310614_3488419337600236370_n.jpg

Last edited:
I am really excited for all of these dolls. I am VERY happy with Mattel's Ella doll . . . she is just beautiful. I love how they did her dress. Disney's wedding set is beautiful . . . even though they don't look happy. Maybe they are just serious people :hs: I LOVE the Disney store's Fairy Godmother . . . I like her in the blue dress, even though the trailer showed her in more of a white dress. She is probably my favorite. I am so excited to see everything else they give us. I usually don't get excited about live action films, but after Maleficent, I am VERY excited to watch this movie.

Hello all, im a newbie to the site, my first post! Im loving the mattel doll and the tea set is beautiful, is it made of china? Does anyone have any ideas about the price? I like the costumes but was hoping the cinderella ball gown would be a similar shade to the movie/mattell doll. Does anyone know if the costumes will be deluxe editions or regular? I was also hoping for a limited edition costume but i know they released a cinderella one a few years back but maybe they might make a limited edition version of the wedding dress?

Hello all, im a newbie to the site, my first post! Im loving the mattel doll and the tea set is beautiful, is it made of china? Does anyone have any ideas about the price? I like the costumes but was hoping the cinderella ball gown would be a similar shade to the movie/mattell doll. Does anyone know if the costumes will be deluxe editions or regular? I was also hoping for a limited edition costume but i know they released a cinderella one a few years back but maybe they might make a limited edition version of the wedding dress?

Welcome to the forums! We don't know a lot of information on any of this stuff right now unfortunatly, but most new information is posted here as the months go on. I would assume that the set would be made out of some kind of china like material, as the Disney Store's mugs and plates are usually ceramic, and they usually like to go more high quality for limited edition stuff. No one knows the prices, and the costumes are usually deluxe seeing they are limited edition. A wedding dress is very likely, but we won't know till closer around the films release date. Sorry we don't have much information other than that, but its all we have right now. :)

Welcome to the forums! We don't know a lot of information on any of this stuff right now unfortunatly, but most new information is posted here as the months go on. I would assume that the set would be made out of some kind of china like material, as the Disney Store's mugs and plates are usually ceramic, and they usually like to go more high quality for limited edition stuff. No one knows the prices, and the costumes are usually deluxe seeing they are limited edition. A wedding dress is very likely, but we won't know till closer around the films release date. Sorry we don't have much information other than that, but its all we have right now. :)

Thank you for the info, i will keeping checking the forum for updates. Hopefully they will start to release the merchandise in Jan, the tea set is deffo on my list :)

The actress playing Cinderella also plays Rose on "Downton Abbey", and the dolls do bear a resemblance to her, I just hope the dolls don't look angry like in the pictures.

8c474866d2bf2acb1069854f0a5fcd74.jpg
75a0a58dab76a333f63b8b05d42d0fd9.jpg

Has anyone seen or heard about a release date for these bad boys? I think they are just absolutely beautiful and can't wait to throw all my money away with this movie! Cosplay plans have already been made for the ball gown and Charmings' ball outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back