• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Cinderella 2015 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinderella 2015 Merchandise
I also loathed Maleficent. I think that while this film may not be "new," its a tried and true story, you know? I cannot see it failing as badly as Mali did for me...

I hated Maleficent too. I didn't think it portrayed Maleficent as the troubled hero they intended to, but rather made her creepier than ever. Hard to summarize in a few words, but I would just say it's a very disturbing definition of love.

I can't imagine Cindy will be anything nearly so similarly off-putting. The only thing I think might let me down is it might lack depth, like I worry that I've already basically seen the movie from the previews and the snappy lines and such will just be ho-hum. So at worst, it will still be a pretty movie, but a little boring. It could even be awesome, if they accurately flesh out a bit more subtle psychological abuse and resilience themes while still keeping it a "Disney" style movie (that is, not extremely dark, which I'm sure it won't be).

i didn't love maleficent, i feel like there wasn't really too much chemistry and the story wasn't fleshed out. disliked oz a lot. loved alice in wonderland, although i like mia wasikowska and i love anything wonderland-y. it was actually a really nice darker-ish movie. don't get me started on those costumes. urgh, to die for, especially the blue dress she wears for the party at the beginning.

super excited for cinderella. i sort of get where people are coming from when they say that they basically sort of watched the whole film already through the trailers and promotional stuff. i feel like they are only snippets though, like fabric. gotta sew it together. if they stick to the original storyline, i will be over the moon. some adaptations are interesting, but the classic is da bomb.

i'm just happy it's live action, it's cinderella, it's gorgeous, there is so much chemistry between the actors and it is overall magnificent.

this is how excited i am. LOL

I hated Maleficent too. I didn't think it portrayed Maleficent as the troubled hero they intended to, but rather made her creepier than ever. Hard to summarize in a few words, but I would just say it's a very disturbing definition of love.

I can't imagine Cindy will be anything nearly so similarly off-putting. The only thing I think might let me down is it might lack depth, like I worry that I've already basically seen the movie from the previews and the snappy lines and such will just be ho-hum. So at worst, it will still be a pretty movie, but a little boring. It could even be awesome, if they accurately flesh out a bit more subtle psychological abuse and resilience themes while still keeping it a "Disney" style movie (that is, not extremely dark, which I'm sure it won't be).

Don't go into the movie expecting any subtext or depth. It is very straightforward and sincere. I think children especially are going to love it. The whole "have courage and be kind" theme is reiterated ad nauseam. However, there are several really nice moments, and although I knew the story (not much suspense here), I still found it enjoyable to watch.

I can't wait to see cinderella!!! I'm debating on getting the Le doll in the summer if she's affordable. Even though the story is predictable, it should be better than maleficent.

Hi! Just to confirm, LE Ballgown Cinderella will be available online on March 13, 12mn PST? So she will be released online first?

Hi! Just to confirm, LE Ballgown Cinderella will be available online on March 13, 12mn PST? So she will be released online first?

Yes that seems to be the case. "Our Live Action Cinderella Limited Edition Doll will be available in select stores and online on Friday, March 13th. The Limited Edition Cinderella Wedding Doll will be available online on Friday, March 13th."

Thank you, Sixteacup!

Since she's being released online first, how can we find the link to purchase asap when no one has her item number? Do we just wait for her to pop up on the new arrivals page/search bar?

Arghhhh I received my compact mirror today and it's got a couple of scratches on it. I'm gutted!! Has anyone else had this? Besides the scratches I'm really happy with it and cannot believe the quality of it for £10 - it's looks so much more expensive!!!

Since she's being released online first, how can we find the link to purchase asap when no one has her item number? Do we just wait for her to pop up on the new arrivals page/search bar?

I'm wondering about this too.. some people are saying there's been pins that were released online only and sold out before they appeared on the main disney page. Now I'm nervous!

I'm so nervous about it too! If she's online first how can the collectors who want her for the right reasons get ahold of her before she sells out?

Your best bet it to check here on this forum either this page or the 17" doll page as the Frozen ones were posted this morning and helped a lot of people get dolls.

Arghhhh I received my compact mirror today and it's got a couple of scratches on it. I'm gutted!! Has anyone else had this? Besides the scratches I'm really happy with it and cannot believe the quality of it for £10 - it's looks so much more expensive!!!

My compact has some minor scratches too. I also looked at the ones in the store --- at the time they had about 17 of them and every single one of them was scratched inside their packaging. I've heard others complain about this too so I don't think you'll find one that is scratch-free unfortunately.

i was initially disappointed when i saw blue dress cindy but she has grown on me, i prefer wedding cindy but not at that price, i agree with all the comments about her looking like regular LE quality doll but with the lower number hiking the price up. I still love her though! I wish we could see the shoes! I would love to see if blue dress cindy has glass slippers and i wonder if wedding cindy will have beige flats on? The regular wedding cindy had beige heels, its the shoes that are doing it for me, if i managed to get hold of cindy but she wasnt wearing glass slippers i wouldnt be happy! I wonder how fast both will sell??

My compact has some minor scratches too. I also looked at the ones in the store --- at the time they had about 17 of them and every single one of them was scratched inside their packaging. I've heard others complain about this too so I don't think you'll find one that is scratch-free unfortunately.

Thank you, I guess it just worries me what state it will be like in a month or so rolling around in my handbag :( I'll have to take extra care of it!

Thank you, I guess it just worries me what state it will be like in a month or so rolling around in my handbag :( I'll have to take extra care of it!

I know, I thought of that too and decided this might need to be a stay-at-home compact! I even considered returning it, but it is so pretty and I got it at a discount so I decided to keep it. I'll probably display it with my other Cinderella stuff. The metal is just very prone to scratches. If you want to put it in your purse, maybe you could find a little soft drawstring bag to keep it in.

i was initially disappointed when i saw blue dress cindy but she has grown on me, i prefer wedding cindy but not at that price, i agree with all the comments about her looking like regular LE quality doll but with the lower number hiking the price up. I still love her though! I wish we could see the shoes! I would love to see if blue dress cindy has glass slippers and i wonder if wedding cindy will have beige flats on? The regular wedding cindy had beige heels, its the shoes that are doing it for me, if i managed to get hold of cindy but she wasnt wearing glass slippers i wouldnt be happy! I wonder how fast both will sell??

I don't think the wedding doll will have glass slippers because she doesn't wear them in that scene for the movie. ( I don't think that's giving anything away since the trailer shows Lady Tremaine smashing one of the slippers!) The doll will probably have shoes similar to the classic doll.

I know, I thought of that too and decided this might need to be a stay-at-home compact! I even considered returning it, but it is so pretty and I got it at a discount so I decided to keep it. I'll probably display it with my other Cinderella stuff. The metal is just very prone to scratches. If you want to put it in your purse, maybe you could find a little soft drawstring bag to keep it in.

Thats a brilliant idea I didn't even think of a drawstring bag - thank you!

I cannot wait for next week! I'm probably going to call my Disney Store Friday or Monday to see if they will be getting the Cinderella dolls in. I've decided that I will probably be getting the soundtrack too. I have the soundtrack for the original film on a CD so why not right?

I have never done an LE doll release online before so is Cinderella available at 8am(thought that was what the blog said) and if not can someone tell me when she will be available in the eastern time zone thanks :)

I have never done an LE doll release online before so is Cinderella available at 8am(thought that was what the blog said) and if not can someone tell me when she will be available in the eastern time zone thanks :)

If you live in the US and on the east coast, she will be online at 3:00 AM, so midnight on the west coast.

Huh. Ya know, now that I think about it, a midnight release for a Cinderella doll is kind of ironic lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back