• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Cinderella Wedding doll image located

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinderella Wedding doll image located
Will they be making a Belle version? I would want that.
I don't know if Disney is going to release a Belle doll in the Once Upon a Wedding line. As mentioned earlier in this thread, Mattel has produced a Wedding Belle, but so far Disney has only done Cinderella and Ariel. It would be really nice if Disney would continue this line with the remaining 8 Disney Princesses.

My Disney Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella Doll has just arrived, a couple of days early! Here are couple of photos of her still in the box. More photos to come shortly.

Disney Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella Doll - New In Box - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella Doll - New In Box - Closeup Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

I am so loving once Upon a Wedding Cinderella's dress, but I am not so tickled by how her face looks. I'm not quite sure what it is, but there is something a bit "off" about her face to me. Maybe it's the makeup (or maybe it's just my computer screen)? When I look at your picture of the 2011 Cinderella dolls, in my opinion, Designer Cinderella has the most beautiful facial features (as well she should, I suppose, given that she is the most expensive by retail cost). In any case, the design of the wedding dress, especially the blue roses and the blue borders of the skirt are darling! If they had made a strapless version of this dress for Designer Cinderella instead of the Marilyn Monroe-inspired gown, I would not have been disappointed at all! Thanks again for sharing your wonderful collection with us!

I am so loving once Upon a Wedding Cinderella's dress, but I am not so tickled by how her face looks. I'm not quite sure what it is, but there is something a bit "off" about her face to me. Maybe it's the makeup (or maybe it's just my computer screen)? When I look at your picture of the 2011 Cinderella dolls, in my opinion, Designer Cinderella has the most beautiful facial features (as well she should, I suppose, given that she is the most expensive by retail cost). In any case, the design of the wedding dress, especially the blue roses and the blue borders of the skirt are darling! If they had made a strapless version of this dress for Designer Cinderella instead of the Marilyn Monroe-inspired gown, I would not have been disappointed at all! Thanks again for sharing your wonderful collection with us!
I agree that the Wedding Cinderella's face doesn't hold a candle to Designer Cinderella's face. To me Wedding Cinderella face looks plain and a bit boring. Designer Cinderella's face has a real warmth and joy. And thanks for your compliment, I'm so happy when I can display my collection and share photos of it.

Actually, Wedding Cinderella's face looks better when she's out of the box. I really love the look and design of these gowns, and considering that they originally retailed for $19.50 (?) each tells me that TDS kind of ripped us off on the Designer Princess line at $59.50 each. Essentially, if they could produce and sell dolls like these for about $20 each, then we paid $40 more per doll for rooted eyelashes, plastic cases, faux gem embellishments, and the maddening LE status. Given the "standard" packaging of the Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella and Ariel, these dolls were made for either collecting or for play. Oh well, such is the way of collectibles targeted at collectors! :)

Yeah I went today to my local Disney Store, and the Wedding Cinderella was there, so I picked her up. While paying I asked the lady how come they got the Wedding Cinderella again if supposedly they were sold out long ago, and she told me they received a package full of those today :O !!! So I asked for any info about Ariel, and she told me perhaps they will receive a package next week but nothing for sure.

So everybody if you miss Wedding Cinderella pick her up at your Local Disney Store, they should be available everywhere now :) ! And lets pray for Ariel to appear soon as well, because I saw one at Ebay selling for $55 :S !

Old vs New Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella (Boxed)

As reported here in this thread, the US Disney Store just last week re-released the Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella 12'' fully articulated Barbie-type play doll, both online and in stores. The previous release was in January of this year. I ordered mine last Friday (Dec 16) and received it yesterday (Thu Dec 22). The doll and her wedding outfit look identical to the old one. Also the size and design of the boxes are the same. Just the graphics on the box has changed, and the price went up from $19.50 to $22.50 US.

I've photographed the boxes side-by-side on all sides to show the differences. To all the photos, click on any link or photo below. Note that the new doll's box got damaged in shipping (thanks, Disney and UPS :rant:), but the doll herself looks to be in perfect shape.

Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella - Boxed - Old vs New Release - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella - Boxed - Old vs New Release - Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella - Boxed - Old vs New Release - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

It is interesting that Disney made a new packaging design for this re-release of Once Upon A Wedding Cinderella, though it is similar enough in general to the first release. When I visited my local Disney Store, they had one last one left available, so I caved in and finally bought her. Interestingly, photos do not do this doll justice (even though DRJ1828's photos are amazing). This doll is like one of those people you meet who are really very pretty, but for some reason, photos do not capture their full beauty. She is really stunning in person, and that is what swayed me to buy her today.

I ordered myself a Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella when they had the free shipping offer - The doll really does look stunning :)
We ordered a total of 3 dolls (Animator Belle, Animator Pocahontas, and this one), they came in a Huge box, with absolutely no packing protection inside the box. One piece of tissue paper, lol. Luckily our boxes didn't get any damage- except on Wedding Cinderella and Animator Pocahontas, the tape on the top was cut. :dunno:

Anyway, Wedding Cinderella is gorgeous and I hope they rerelease Wedding Ariel and I will purchase her in a heart beat :hsd:

-Thimble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back