• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! City hall vest.... !!!!!!!!!! Help me please!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD! City hall vest.... !!!!!!!!!! Help me please!!!!!

KT07

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey everyone. I'm on the on the hunt for a plaid vest. Yes you read that right. I'm trying to get a city hall vest to complete my shadow box display. I know these are hard to find and belong to Disney as printed on the inside of all costumes. Over the years they do show up. I have a very nice collection of things like this. I still love pins but with all the crazy and price gouging, I would rather go after stuff that is on a whole different level.

This kind of collecting takes time and patience. But I have both. So if anyone knows of a vest or maybe a friend that knows someone, I would be happy to discuss trade of other costume stuff or buying.
Thank you for the help.
Let the fun begin
KT

Costumes are very rarely sold to cast members legitimately. There's a cast member only store where old/outdated costumes are sold and I saw a bunch of random stuff there when I worked there a couple of years ago but never a Guest Relations vest.
Best bet is to follow themeparkconnection on eBay as they often put cast member costumes up for sale.

Most cast members wouldn't take the vest as they are electronically linked to their ID when they are issued from costuming and you are fined heavily if an item is not returned.

Costuming will rarely put out costumes at property control that are current, let alone iconic ones such as Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, Plaids, etc. It can also expensive to replace certain ones and those listed are definitely the higher tiered ones. My main street ops costume(similar to guest relations, navy slacks, vest, tie, dress shirt) was over $150 to replace when I left my bag in a taxi.

Last edited:
Although it might not be exactly what you're looking for, you also might be able to commission either a local seamstress or one over etsy to make a replica of the vest. I know it won't necessarily have as much pizzaz or sentimental value to it, but aesthetically speaking it might make a great centerpiece! (And would probably end up being significantly less expensive.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Costumes are very rarely sold to cast members legitimately. There's a cast member only store where old/outdated costumes are sold and I saw a bunch of random stuff there when I worked there a couple of years ago but never a Guest Relations vest.
Best bet is to follow themeparkconnection on eBay as they often put cast member costumes up for sale.

Most cast members wouldn't take the vest as they are electronically linked to their ID when they are issued from costuming and you are fined heavily if an item is not returned.
Oh dang. Now I'm worried about my collection. I have parts of outfits and even art work of the hotel wall. Would be crazy to think that some how all my things could be tracked. Lol

WWWDD

Costuming will rarely put out costumes at property control that are current, let alone iconic ones such as Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, Plaids, etc. It can also expensive to replace certain ones and those listed are definitely the higher tiered ones. My main street ops costume(similar to guest relations, navy slacks, vest, tie, dress shirt) was over $150 to replace when I left my bag in a taxi.
Thanks Jim. I have a good idea about the price of such a vest. Remember what I'm making. The large D guide pin that will go in the shadow box also is no cheap find. Maybe I could trade a park cm long coat. Never know with me. Lol
WWWDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back