• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Clearly a scrapper...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly a scrapper...right?

bizliz1

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A friend made one of her first mail trades and got a cast lanyard pin, luckily for a hidden mickey, and I don't understand why someone would trade something that is clearly a scrapper. It is missing the gloss finish on the entire pin, has dips and scratches, and is very rough. I know they are highly scrapped but the picture she was emailed was not the pin she was sent. Just kind of sad.

Last edited:
I hear ya....it is sad that people do this. I know that I have found scrappers in my collection...heck there probably still is a few that I wasn't able to pinpoint. When somebody sends a different pin than what was pictured, then it was likely done on purpose. That being said, make sure you try to talk to the person to see if they can send you something else or come to some other solution. Some scrappers are really close to park quality and the whole thing may have been a mistake. I know if I accidently sent somebody a scrapper, I would be devastated and would deffinately refund and send an extra pin or two.

Sometimes it is done on purpose but it could also be an innocent mistake too. Some people are ignorant and just dont know a lot yet. I feel those people should not be trading or selling until they have an understanding of how to tell if a pin is a scrapper. I would have your friend get back into contact with her. No matter if the person did it on purpose or on accident, they should still fix the problem for her. That is after all what trading, selling, and buying is about...making everyone and yourself happy.

Yeah I'd point it out and ask for the trade to be returned. But even if that can't harken they should be educated on what to look for.
When I go to DLP I can tell just by walking by at a glance what is fake and what might be real. It's just taken some disappointments along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back