• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

close thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know how you would go about doing that? I have heard of people getting their own pins that they've designed made, but I think there probably not only copyright issues but even if you found someone who didn't care about that, I'm not sure they would make just one pin, it's not cost effective.

Why don't you post what pin it was here and maybe all of us can help you find a new one.

My most treasure fox and the hound piece was destroyed from cleaning the back rust with the options getting from community sadly. :(
I be thinking if its ok to get a pin re made in a Chinese factory
I would asked to look the same and Disney quality. would that still make it fake ? I dont plan to re-sell or trade it

I am sorry to hear that a pin you like is destroyed, but in time I am sure you can find others unless it was a really low LE count.

As far as sending your pin to China goes ... I would not expect someone to accept a manufacturing job for one single pin. Even if you can find someone to make a small quantity for you, they would keep the extras and send them to Ebay scrapper sellers.

Last edited:
Well I put out a trade request for it and added it to my ebay alerts, so hopefully something will come of that, but don't advertise that you'd pay $100 for it, I suspect even here people will take advantage of you and it's not a desired enough pin to pay that much for it, but if you're patient we'll find one for you.

I agree with what was said above. I don't believe if you actually contacted a China manufacturer that they would make 1 pin for you (and for a low cost). I think they probably have a minimum order (1000? 10000? who knows?) before they do a run, and that would be more expensive than just buying the one pin you need.

Asked someone who makes 3 pins for $200 o_o
Well the pin was limited 250 so its pretty rare but last LEGIT one sold for 10-20 bucks on ebay.I bought mine in 2008 for $45. A scrapper exists with coppers eye un colored
I know 3 people on here that may have it but dont reply to my pms . Oh well hope one pops up again on ebay soon.

Last edited:
I might take the chance and send my pin over to the factory that has worked for disney before to remake pin and has offer $100
4 out of 5 people appear to have scrappers and I'm worried how many scrappers I'm going to go through just to find it.
lets hope this last person I contacted is legit if not, i give up :(

Any pin "remake" would technically be a counterfeit since it's not authorized by Disney or included in one of their official runs. But for the collector's value, if you truly enjoy the pin and don't think you can find another one, I can understand wanting someone to remake it for you. It would violate copyright laws for the factory to sell such a thing, even if the factory has worked for Disney in the past. And it probably won't look the same, especially if they no longer have the original mold from it. Personally, to me it sounds like a scam. But I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just offering an opinion. Good luck!

Last edited:
Chinese factories really have no problem reproducing pretty much anything. At a former job of mine I had sent over plenty of things to be reproduced (nothing copyrighted) but pins could be easily done. The problem you are going to run into is minimum order amount, quality, and setup costs. You are first going to have to pay for them to create the mold. Then there will be a back and forth sample process. Most likely you are going to have to order at least a few hundred as a first time customer. So basically you could probably keep getting the pin on eBay or other sources and eventually get an authentic one before ever reaching close to the cost of having a replica produced.

How do you tell if it is a scrapper/counterfeit? I personally would wait for the pin to come around again on Ebay or hope someone will trade. If you pay $100 for a known unauthorized pin from the factory in China, the only difference then really of getting a scrapper/counterfeit pin from someone through ebay or a trade is the difference in price you paid. At least with getting it through Ebay or a trade you have a chance of getting a real pin.

I hope you find the pin and personally I would report that factory to Disney. They are doing everyone in the hobby a disservice by producing unauthorized pins. :(

Dixie

How do you tell if it is a scrapper/counterfeit? I personally would wait for the pin to come around again on Ebay or hope someone will trade. If you pay $100 for a known unauthorized pin from the factory in China, the only difference then really of getting a scrapper/counterfeit pin from someone through ebay or a trade is the difference in price you paid. At least with getting it through Ebay or a trade you have a chance of getting a real pin.

I hope you find the pin and personally I would report that factory to Disney. They are doing everyone in the hobby a disservice by producing unauthorized pins. :(

Dixie
how?
http://disneypinforum.com/showthrea...-Fox-and-Hound-Friendship-day-2008-identified
mostly everyone's looks different and bad quality compared to mine which I bought in 2008
its limited edition of 250 but now I feel there's 250 scrappers or more out there.

I wouldn't do that at all, because it won't be a genuine pin any longer? The pin will pop up again for a good price. They always do :), I suggest just waiting a while until you find it again because $100 for a fake pin is a lot..

if you are ok with $100 for a fake/remake pin. I would just keep a eye out for the real pin or a nice scrapper. Why would it matter what the pin is worth or if its perfect when the pin is just for your collection. JMHO

I would just keep a eye out for the real pin or a nice scrapper. Why would it matter what the pin is worth or if its perfect when the pin is just for your collection. JMHO
Actually, this is a good point. At least scrappers are "real" Disney pins, they're just overruns that didn't meet Disney standards and were illegally sold. It's better than a counterfeit/remake. I'd rather have a scrapper than a fake.

I was able to find 2 since then xD
Never did the factory thing but one thing I'm not sure and understand clearly. So what if the fake pin looks exactly the same as a real one? How would you be able to tell? is it possible to run into problems like these in pin trading? :eek:

I think it's more of a morality issue. If you have a counterfeit pin created then there is a chance that this pin could someday wind up on the market again, and it would just be bad for people who only want authentic pins. We deal with enough scrapper and counterfeit problems as it is, so hearing about someone wanting to pay to make more is a bit disheartening, especially since the Chinese company would most likely make more than just the one you wanted.

I understand your sadness and frustration, but I can't support this idea myself. I would wait and find a real one.

I think it's more of a morality issue. If you have a counterfeit pin created then there is a chance that this pin could someday wind up on the market again, and it would just be bad for people who only want authentic pins. We deal with enough scrapper and counterfeit problems as it is, so hearing about someone wanting to pay to make more is a bit disheartening, especially since the Chinese company would most likely make more than just the one you wanted.

I understand your sadness and frustration, but I can't support this idea myself. I would wait and find a real one.

did you not read the post before? Already found 2 on ebay since then .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back