• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Concerns about the new PinPics feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerns about the new PinPics feature

snazzybowtie

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
So is anybody else worried about the new comparison feature on PinPics causing a lot less trading opportunities?

What I mean is that because now that we don't have to search through a person's traders we will only look and see if our lists match up. I know that I have pins I would gladly trade for that are not on my Wants lists, but I have to look at the whole of the other person's traders to see that. By taking away the opportunity to look at the traders as a whole, don't you think you lose that time to look and see if there may be a pin you didn't know you wanted or didn't know you could trade for?

The comparison features saves a lot of time and I know that it is helpful to see if there are any matches. I agree that it is awesome and can be great for quickly finding trade opportunities, but I'm worried that people will only look at the comparison and forget to look for a fair trade and only a trade for what is on their Wants list.

An example of this would be when I offered a trade and they responded no. I asked if there was anything else they would be willing to trade the pin for and they simply said that our lists didn't match up. That's fine and people can trade or not trade for whatever they want, but I guess I am just worried that people are going to be digging themselves into their Wants list and won't be able to get out unless the other person has something they want (and we know how some wants lists look).

I don't know. Maybe I'm crazy, but I guess I am just getting a little worried about it. Thoughts???

I use it as a basis to start a discussion of a trade, but I still look at the entire tradable selection of someone I am talking with since I know my wants list is not 100% accurate and if I miss clicking a pin to my want list, seeing it in someone's trade list helps jog my memory or my "want" sense

I have found that people have a lot of the pins that I am looking for, but I have zero matches of theirs. I use it as a starting point. I send them a message saying they have some pins that I am interested in, please take a look at what I have and let me know if you are interested. If they aren't, well then no problem. But if they are, well then I am making a great deal :) I personally find the comparission a VERY handy tool.

I think it's awesome, too. We still have the option to look at all of their traders and so does the other person. this way, tho', we don't have to go and type in their name, etc, and look at every single trader if we don't want to. Some people... not me, unfortunately, have hundreds of traders and I don't always want to look through page after page after page to find something I'd like. If someone contacts me, then I will tho' cuz I love to trade!

It's just another option, one which I'm finding totally fantastic!

I like the feature, speeds things up for me. When someone posts they are looking to trade, it's nice not having to look through 486 pins to find out they have nothing I'm searching for.

Lately, I've had some of my best luck with receiving TA requests, so I'm all for the new feature.

Ok, well that makes me feel a little better. I was worried people were just going to check the comparison and move on. You're responses are very reassuring. :)

I think it makes it much easier for trades and you can still check out other peoples pins.
You can ask some people I trade with. I may have a pin they want but nothing I need from them as far as my wants. I still look and sometimes they have hundreds of pins for trade and i see something I want and then set up the trade.

Personally, this is an awesome feature for me.

Anyone else finding that the new pinpic feature is hurting your trading?

Okay at first I liked the feature to compare my wants versus someones trades HOWEVER now Im not liking it at all. Alot of times when I look at a persons trades I see pins I didnt even know I wanted and then I would have missed out. And now Im getting some people who say I matched my wants to your trades and nothing came up hmmmmm but maybe if you actually looked something might catch your attention. Also my traders change daily as I am sure alot of yours do. So then people automatically say well I looked last week you didnt have anything that matched. Its getting a little frustrating. Anyone else think this might be a problem?:wavey:

I totally understand what you mean.
We have about 400 wants on our list between the Kids and I but literally everyday, we see other pins we like and ad them.
I have had many occasions where I actually had a pin someone wanted but they said they had nothing on my wants list. I looked them up and they had over 400 traders and even though none matched my wants list, I saw 3 star wars pins for max we did not have on our wants, 1 Dalmatian for lizzie, same scenario and 3 attraction pins for me.

I have mixed emotions. I like it but you have to go the extra mile. If you match your trades to someones wants but they dont have something on yur wants, take time to look at their traders. I understand you feel people are not doing this and you are probably correct.

I do it backwards. Ask Rocke01. I saw I had 5 pins she needed. I told her I had these pins and if she was interested, I will look at her trades to see if I can find something. I actually also like to help people with their wants so even if I dont need a pin but it is a fair value trader, i will do it to help the other person.

The other thing is, just like on pinpics, trades have to be fair. Just because I see you have 4 pins on my wants and I have 4 on yours, they still have to be a fair value. What if all mine are rack pins and all of yours are LE50? You have to put a little more effort into it.

I look at it as a starting point. Now I know either I have some of their wants or vice versa and now we can start a conversation and see if we can come to a mutually benificial trade.

If im honest I dont actually use the feature, I prefer to look at my wants list at who is trading a pin and look through what they want, I dont know Ive got used to that I guess, I use the feature through the forum as its done for you but thats as much as I use it XD

I see it as a great way for finding listed grail type pins or to start a trade or counter offer
I will still browse peoples lists especially if there are a few pins in the matchup

I still think it is a good conversation starter to see about trading, but will stick with going through the traders myself. It might take longer, but it is more thorough.

I think it's awesome, too. We still have the option to look at all of their traders and so does the other person. this way, tho', we don't have to go and type in their name, etc, and look at every single trader if we don't want to. Some people... not me, unfortunately, have hundreds of traders and I don't always want to look through page after page after page to find something I'd like. If someone contacts me, then I will tho' cuz I love to trade!

It's just another option, one which I'm finding totally fantastic!
I agree, looking at page after page of traders takes up some time, sometimes I have time but not always so I love the new feature.

Love the new feature, especially on the forum (saves on typing!!). Spending time looking through sometimes over a thousand traders is not our idea of fun. That having been said, we will do it when someone is looking for a particular pin on our trades and nothing on our wants matches. It's all a part of trading.

I think it helps to use the match when a person has over 2,000 wants. Once someone has over 4 pages, and I am not finding things I can help with, I get dishearted.

I guess it depends on the persons who are using itif you know what you want as in pins, theme, character, park and ect.

If your starting out you may want something different when looking threw others trades? If your dedicated to only what what you want, then the feature is perfect as it won't stray you.

I can guarantee that if we want a pin not on our list. It will find us. It could be on these boards, eBay, other auction sites, what's new on Pinpics, ect.

Use all the resources you have and never give it up because YOU don't use it yet. Someday you may.

We really like the new feature but still look at the the full trade lists. It is especially helpful if your pin collection has a narrow focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back