• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Could an entire tin be scrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could an entire tin be scrapped

supercalimary

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is a full tin set of mary poppins pins posted on ebay for the price single pins from the set are going for the seller has numerous other box sets also for sale most of them are from the same period this one is from 1994 i am wondering what the likelihood of a full box set of this age being scrapped is
i am not going to post a link as not sure this is allowed as very new will do if it is

fair i didn't think it was , this is also a very old tin and quite a niche area too not that many people seem to collect mary poppins just wanted to check as price was good

Those tins from the Disney Store in the 1990's...no way is that scrapped.

New stuff where the factory can make 5000 when they were only supposed to make 3000...Proceed with caution, some of that stuff does come with the package, as their buyers started demanding it as traders wised up.

I have also been suspicious of the tins I have seen on Ebay, as some sellers have multiples and I can't imagine any reason for someone to still have so many of the same older pin sets, all in brand new condition. I would proceed with caution.

If it is the seller from St Louis area, those are highly likely to be counterfeits. She is a well known scrapper dealer. And I think she doesn't have the actual tin, just selling pin-by - pin in individual listings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back