• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Counterfeit Cheshire pin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counterfeit Cheshire pin!

work2pin

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Beware! There is a pin for sale on ebay, location is China. Many people (including me!) have this pin on their holy grail list!

Pin 6138: Disney Auctions - Alice in Wonderland 50th Ann. Series (Cheshire Cat)

Very sad!

Have you personally seen a "scrapped" pin of this? And the pin on ebay sold for $345... Just because a pin is in China, doesn't mean it's not real. Believe it or not, there ARE pin traders all over the world!! These alarmist "OMG IT"S A SCRAPPERZ!!!!!" posts are becoming annoying.

I guess my opinion falls somewhere between the first two posts. Seeing a single DA 100 pin sell from China is not necesarily a reason to push the fire alarm. However, it could be the first of SEVERAL of the same pin being sold from China (or not).

So, I guess time will tell. Even though this is not actual proof that this pin has been counterfeited, it is not a bad thing to alert potential buyers/traders that they should be on the look-out for the possibility that lots of this rather rare pin could be on the market in the near future.

Every pin in China is a scrapper.

I agree with Grim aswell as Unibear, calling it a scrapper after one pin is sold on ebay and its location is china, there is no evidence to suggest that the pin has been scrapped and it seems to be a fairly early pin to have suddenly have a warning placed on it so I highly doubt it has been scrapped due to how old the pin is.

Also, if you see more than one goes on ebay for 0.99 starting bid or that pin got relisted from the same seller then people can start to wonder there may be scrappers of the pins out there.

but just to say - is china not allowed to have pin collectors??

Last edited:
I would say look at what else the person is selling. To say that just because it is from China or EVERY pin that is sold from China is a scrapper is a stereotype in my opinion. Watch what the person sells and you will pick up on what they are selling soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back