• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Counterfeit Hades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counterfeit Hades?

TikiTikiTiki

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Got this from eBay, is it a counterfeit do you think? It has weird borders and feels super lightweight compared to other pins. :(

641D6A6D-6249-40B6-BD68-E16C30970C52-17495-000008530550FC33_zps93dc3cf2.jpg

Ohh.. first thing.. that border...the mickey heads don't run off the edge...
that's usually a significant sign :(
and lightweight is bad too :( does the pin feel rough?

You should try contacting them and see if they knew it was counterfeit. If it was a mistake maybe they'll give you a refund- if it wasn't, rate it negatively so it catches the eye and people know!

hmm...I don't think it is.. they are selling counterfeit pins.. they deserve the feedback that they provide in products..
but You might need another opinion... :)just in case

Ok, sent them a message, we'll see what they say. I don't want to return it cause I don't want them to sell it to some other unsuspecting ebayer.

Thanks for you guys' help!

Thanks for checking! Seller got back and said all the chasers like this she had are like the one I got. She offered me a return but I don't want it to be circulated so I guess I'll eat the loss. Boo!

Or is it really bad if I return it? Agh moral angst...

I wonder if the lightweightness is because it is meant to go on top of another pin? http://home.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=6191&pin=89010 goes on http://home.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=6191&pin=89009 ? Diablo, is yours really light, too?

Last edited:
I would say mine is pretty light... it feels like a hidden mickey pin. But it's also a small pin so that probably has something to do with it? Sorry I can't be more helpful. However, if the seller is quick to offer a refund, chances are good they're more interested in protecting their reputation on ebay.

Some sellers will say anything to feign innocence... I once had a woman claim she got the counterfeit pin I bought from her in a trade with a cast member and then I saw she was selling a second pin so I asked again how she got two pins and she told me that her kids got them in a trade. Well, after I saw her selling the same pin a third time a month later, I asked how she was able to get three pins and she said it was her in-laws that got the pin from a friend. Well at this point I told her she should refund me the money or I was going to report her to Disney and told her I would return the pin after I got my refund. So after I got the refund, I threw away the pin and never heard from her. Yes I know, that was evil but I slept fine that night. :lol:

Yep. I have Bambi Chaser, Minnie Chaser, and Jasmine Chaser. All have borders on the left side and bottom and all were purchased directly from Disney.

mine all look like that on the bottom but not on the left edge!

I have 4 chaser pins from this series (all purchased directly from Disney):

Bambi---borders on left and bottom
Jasmine--borders on left and bottom
Minnie---borders on left and bottom
Mulan---borders on bottom

I think it just depends. I guess some have borders and some don't. Either way, it doesn't automatically classify the pins as fakes. I think if a pin like this was a fake, it would have dips in the paint, as it is just one big white spot, and would be easy to put a dip into.

I think now we should not be so quick to call something a fake just because it has borders.

I've been sick, so I didn't get around to checking mine, but when it comes to borders it's the ones that are raised that are the biggest problem. See the Club Penguin pin that someone posted yesterday to see how that border looks different than this one. On this one, the border part is flat, not raised.

I just checked mine, I have about 8 boxes all purchased directly from Disney, and yes many of them, including my Hades have edges like yours.

So I think it's a good pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back