• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Creative Minds Needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creative Minds Needed...

Goofy_Moe

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
290   0   0
Help... My creative juices are running low... I am in the middle of this pinart project but I am looking for input... They say less can be more... but often more is necessary... I am working on a collection of the Sorcerer Hats and I want to display them... My wife likes classy looking displays... I like the funnier ones... She took away her Dreams Pins collection and said "These need a nice display..."... But these hats are all mine... lol... just kidding, but I do have control of their display... So this is what I have so far...

attachment.php

attachment.php

My problem is this is taking up a lot of space and displaying few hats... I was thinking of a wider display with less height and using only the area between the 2 markers, but open to any suggestions... Also these White Foam Pin Boards I am drawing on have a waxy coating that makes coloring in pencil impossible so what else could I use??? Or should I even color it at all??? Can you help me past this roadblock in my mind... Thanks...

I am the least creative person, but I think what you have do far is truly amazing and totally creative!!!!!

I love it and I'm not into sorcerer hats!!!!

Please keep postings of your progress!!!!

Vicki

Don't know if you were looking to stick with that Fantasia theme or not, but I look at those hats and see bowling pins. Something with a little more lane could give you the wider scene you're looking for. At least I gave it a shot!

BTW ... love the Fantasia.

Last edited:
your idea and drawing is great! I do think that doing more of a panoramic long shape could be a good idea instead of the whole board if you wanted to stick with that design.

Another idea I have is that you could have the brooms winding/zigzaging up a staircase to mickey and then be able to use the whole board.

also paint might work better then pencils.

Hopefully this helps! :)

I think this is a great idea! I never cared for the hat pins much but this display makes me really like them!

I do see how you will run out of room if you keep going the way you were....maybe you could put sort of a shelf or bookcase in the background and show the brooms picking up a hat before getting in line. I also do think you need some color but you don't want it to over power....watercolors could be cool, giving it a transparent look, but I don't know if they would work on the waxy film. You could also try acrylic paint but that would be more solid.

YOu rock! i think you should go between the markers perhaps but i LOVE erudolf idea of a bookshelf with the hats "in storage". I disagree however with more color, but i love the sketch look. I think it makes the pins really pop! I didnt know you were so very artistic. I will remember that when i move and want to finally display my pins, you may get a free WDW trip for your services!!

LOL... For a WDW trip I will go fill the rooms of your home with Disney murals for you... HaHaHA... Any Characters you want...

YOu rock! i think you should go between the markers perhaps but i LOVE erudolf idea of a bookshelf with the hats "in storage". I disagree however with more color, but i love the sketch look. I think it makes the pins really pop! I didnt know you were so very artistic. I will remember that when i move and want to finally display my pins, you may get a free WDW trip for your services!!

This looks great! You are quite talented. I, like others have mentioned, like the idea of the more panoramic scene you would get by keeping it between the markers. I'd say color wise to add "pops" of color but not too much... don't want to detract from the pins! I like the watercolor idea someone mentioned, assuming it would work on that surface. I'm thinking of a "scribble effect" in places where you do decide to add color.

Whatever you decide, make sure you share the finished project!

I think this is a great idea! I never cared for the hat pins much but this display makes me really like them!

I do see how you will run out of room if you keep going the way you were....maybe you could put sort of a shelf or bookcase in the background and show the brooms picking up a hat before getting in line. I also do think you need some color but you don't want it to over power....watercolors could be cool, giving it a transparent look, but I don't know if they would work on the waxy film. You could also try acrylic paint but that would be more solid.

Oooooo....sorry if you've already progressed.....but instead of a bookcase or shelf you could do the same concept but have it be a hat tree instead. That would be cool and it would give nice balance to Yensid on the other side.

Wow, your artwork is amazing. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler so I truly appreciate real talent. If I though I could get away with it, I'd have you come paint murals on all the walls of my house, but my hubby might object:) Your work is truly inspiring and I look forward to future projects. P.S. Sorry the dream pins got taken away, but I have to agree with your wife on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back