• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Custom Princess and the Frog Pin Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Princess and the Frog Pin Board

The PINkeeper

One Lucky Dog
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I was trying to think of a creative way to display my pins. I thought a regular corkboard just wouldn't do it. So I decided to make my own "board." This "board" is not a board at all, but actually stretched canvas over a wooden frame. I decided to use the canvas so that the pin post would go all the way through and I could attache the backing on the back. I didn't want the post to become bent as that can happen with a corkboard. I decorated the board with blue felt for the water, green foam for the lily pads, white felt for the flower, yellow pipe cleaners for the center of the flower, artificial leaves, and other artificial flowers here and there. This board displays all of my Princess and the Frog pins, with room for more! I am currently working on a board for my Fantasia pins!!! Let me know what you think :)

Before:
e23007a4.jpg

After:
c417f303.jpg

Some close-ups:
01d1acbe.jpg

a93e1ebe.jpg

b7509809.jpg

96c25474.jpg

OMGosh! This board is so freakin awesome! I love it :)

I'm so jelly of your Princess and the frog pins. I am starting my little Tiana collection now! How creative. awesome job :) !

Omg! LOVE the canvas idea! I will definitely be stealing this idea if thats ok :p Really cool board! Good luck getting more PaTF pins! :)

Now thats cool! I may get in touch with you down the pike. Enevtually when we move i want to display my pins but not on awkward big boards, i wanted them as artwork in the livingroom...almost looking like waves or shapes, in subtle colors..and you have helped me --i never thought of canvas. Now how did you secure the canvas to the frame and is in firm and think enough to support the pins without sagging? Again i love it, it softens the "corkboard"look ---i didnt know you were this creative Aaron or is this your wife? I think your married--i get people confused still.

Now thats cool! I may get in touch with you down the pike. Enevtually when we move i want to display my pins but not on awkward big boards, i wanted them as artwork in the livingroom...almost looking like waves or shapes, in subtle colors..and you have helped me --i never thought of canvas. Now how did you secure the canvas to the frame and is in firm and think enough to support the pins without sagging? Again i love it, it softens the "corkboard"look ---i didnt know you were this creative Aaron or is this your wife? I think your married--i get people confused still.

Hi Dawn,
I've sent you a PM with some info about the board.
Hope it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back