D23 Expo 2019

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by DisneyJ, Mar 26, 2018.

1. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  2. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Oooooh that's also the usual weekend for the pin event in Epcot. :eek:

3. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

hmm.. does having a gold membership help at the d23 expo? do you even need to be a member to go the expo?

4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Is the gold membership the one you pay for? If yes, I think you get a discount. Non-members just pay a bit more.

5. echan50

echan50 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

I have heard that if you waited closer to the date of the Expo that there are discounted tickets for non-members. I met a couple at last expo and the price of their tickets were cheaper than my gold member early-bird purchase.

Have they ever sold out of tickets? I know they have sold out of cast member discount tickets but I never really heard of general public tickets being sold out.

6. echan50

echan50 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

I do like these dates. In 2017 when they decided to have it the weekend before San Diego Comic-Con was really tough on the wallet.

7. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I saw it on the PTDB FB page and came over here to see if it was being discussed already.

I wonder if WDW will move their event to September

8. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

In the past you got a lower price point for being a Gold Member, and there were separate lines for Gold Members vs non-members. But this last Expo, it was just the discount and not really much else.

9. CanaDaLE

CanaDaLE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Why'd they change the line up system? There are so few perks to being gold status when attending these events. I didn't attend 2017 but wanted to go to the next one. What's the point in renewing gold if you only save a few$$ and aren't able to get in before everyone else.

10. CanaDaLE

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I wonder how much the sorcerer packages will be?

11. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

It was $2,250 per ticket (in 2017) - so I expect higher in 2019.

12. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Really glad they moved the dates back to August this time, if only because Saturdays will no longer be blocked out on my pass and I can go there after the Expo (last year the Expo weekend totally emptied out the parks, which was amazing). How many of y'all purchase the Sorcerer package? It'll probably be out of my price range this time around, but I'm always curious to hear if other people think it's worth it.

13. CanaDaLE

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

It's out for me, especially because of the exchange rate. If we we're at par I might consider it. Too steep for me, maybe one day.

14. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Honestly I think the amount of Gold Memberships increased by much more than expected. I bet people subscribed just to get the discount and probably the line perk, and it got to be to where it wasn't even an advantage anymore. Also line management could be a problem, when I went in 2015, the Gold Line and the Non-Member Line were each just as long as the other, and they took up a ton of space, and staff to watch. Eliminate the perk, make everyone stand in the same line, easier to enforce. That's my guess.

15. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

Wonder if this date will mean no pin event next year. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

16. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

It's because by the time they got through the early line up, it was pretty much time to let everyone else in.

17. boarder010

boarder010 Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

got to put this in the calendar now and hope we can go!

18. Lisa Lopez

Lisa Lopez Pinpics ID lisarallen2

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I don’t know anything about the Expo - what are the best reasons for attending? I need to figure out if I need to plan a family vacay to Disneyland around that time so,we can check out the Expo...

19. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Depends on what you want to get out of it. Some of the main reasons people attend include cosplaying, buying exclusive Disney merchandise (there's a ton of shopping to do, but the most popular spots are the three official Disney stores... which often requires hours of waiting in lines), attending the Parks and Resorts panel and/or Disney Animation & Pixar Panel for sneak peeks at new attractions and films, and enjoying the unique events that are scheduled throughout the weekend (these vary, but my favorites have been the Disney history panels and last year's Alan Menken concert). No matter what you choose to focus on, there's a ton to do and see! My advice: Look at the schedule and figure out what you really want to do ahead of time, then forget about the rest... it's pretty much impossible to do everything and stay sane.

starry_solo and Lisa Lopez like this.
  20. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

21. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

$2,500 for sorcerers package. To me, the biggest benefit of it is the early entry to MOG. That seems the only way to be comfortable that I would get some pins. But A) there is no guarantee there will be any pins (although there likely will be) or what they will be and B) when I factor in the price of the ticket, I would be paying $100+ per pin (presuming i get 2 dozen pins, otherwise it's even higher!) At that price, I might as well look for them on the secondary market.

starry_solo likes this.
  22. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

One day...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

23. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

D23 would be worth it to us with no pins at all. It caused my husband actual pain to find out after the fact about the money bin photo opp last year. But our 2019 is already way too booked up.

24. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Here's a good recap of last year. Except for the merchandise. It doesn't cover that.

Every Magical Moment From D23 Expo 2017 - D23