• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Daily Pin Bling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Pin Bling!

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
Hey there!

So, MaryScribbles and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed our last trip to WDW in December and are already planning our next trip (December again). On this trip, we got MAJORLY into pin trading (me, perhaps a little bit more. Pokemon complex, you know). So now we're back in the real world with our pins staring at us sadly from our walls. No one to admire them. No one but ourselves to love them...

SO! We decided that each day, or every other day, we would wear one of our pins to school! Now, we're both in college (I'm a freshly minted Master and professor, she's a second year Masters student) so we're not talking high school here. I teach three times a week as does she. So, each time we teach, we wear a different pin.

Already, my students have caught on to it and ask me each morning what my pin is and the first one to figure it out (which movie/character/etc) claims to be "the champion" for the day. XD It's a lot of fun! So I figured I'd share the idea with you guys and I'll post the pins I wear every other day. It just gives my pins some air, my obsession some attention, and my geekdom some love. :3 Feel free to share your bling if you wear it out!

~*~Now, some of you are probably rolling in your desk chair right now thinking HOW COULD HE RISK THE PINS!?!?!, but I personally collect pins to share the love. So if this is something you don't like, by all means don't do it. :3 But if you think it could be fun, join in! :D

~Merlin

Last edited:
I'll start it off!

Today, I'm sporting Pin 68532, Pin-Tiquties Stitch as Captain Nemo in the Nautilis from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
photo2_zpsf6b0776e.jpg

But sometimes, Stitch has to come out to tell my students to keep their eyes on their own quiz!
photo1_zpsf4574e72.jpg

Keep it classy, DPF! Until Monday!
photo_zpsc385ef0c.jpg

#derpface

~Merlin

Last edited:
I love the idea. The only thing is the place where I work probably wouldn't allow it... I work at the grocery store. I think once school (college) starts back up in February I'll wear them to my class that I have Tuesday afternoon. :)

This is the best idea ever! I wear mine periodically but I like the idea of doing it continuously. I'm so glad you can show off your collection! That's part of the fun of collecting! Thanks for sharing.

Yay! I'm glad you posted it. I totally forgot to take a picture of my pin today, but Monday I'll get on it (or maybe I'll even have a weekend pin). As of yet, none of my students have noticed the pins, but a few fellow grad students have. One day they'll notice...

Awesome idea, Merlin! I can't wait to see how it goes! I'd love to try something like this, but I work retail currently and I'd be far to scared to lose a pin! Maybe to class some days, though! XP I know my friends at school are very competitive!

Love it! I teach 2 nd grade and wear a pin every day. I have a little of everything on top of my main collection, Belle. They love seeing my pin each day!

Ah! It's time again for Daily Pin Bling! What will be the flavor today? :D

Today, I decided to sport a new acquisition! :3 Since I'm teaching Beowulf today, I needed a little monster. ;P
photo11_zps206bda2b.jpg

Showing off my new Stitch in Capsule pin (39743). :D So cuddly!

Stay astute!
photo21_zps76043f48.jpg

~Merlin

This is a really neat idea! I used to wear my pins to my old job. I worked in a pharmacy and had to wear a lanyard to keep my sign in card on, so I'd periodically switch out my pins. People complimented them all the time.

This is an awesome idea! You should ask your students at the end of the semester what their favorite pins were to see who's been paying attention to them.

Good evening ladies and gents! Sorry I'm a bit late tonight! It's been a long one!

Well, I think today's pin was very aptly timed! I surprised my students with a pop quiz over Beowulf. Needless to say, they were not thrilled. And their quiz grades embody my pin for today! On this most joyous day, I sported a new favorite (procured for me by the lovely Maryscribbles): Pin 78579 -- Scar saying "I'm Surrounded by Idiots..."
1-30_zps65bcafd7.jpg

Those grades....geez.... Study up, DPF! This will be on the test...
1-30Bphoto2_zps3cfc5160.jpg

~Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back