• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Dale Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dale Pin

NDBounce

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Two questions:

First, I'd like some input as to people's guesses as to the authencity of this pin. At first glance I said no, based on the fact that the border does not continue through the top and left side (right side in the pic, as the pin is turned over). But then I saw the etched FAC number, which I have not seen on a fake before.

840a01d98d8d8be82574971f74ff06d9.jpg

b1ed3dbeae0dae4637b007d2962288b7.jpg

Looking at the front, it is also inconclusive.

Thoughts?

Also, can someone locate this in Pinpics? The closest I came was pin 71443, which is the same but has Chip and Dale connected rather than two separate pins.

Any input is apreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the pin (Pinpics 74240): pinpics.com/pinMT.php?pin=74240

thumb130_201512267748.jpg

I don't know enough about this pin to definitively say, but I'm pretty sure yours is a fake. The border on the edge shouldn't be there for this type of pin, and the colors look off (the acorn on yours looks too yellow, and the tan area of Chip's cheeks/belly look like they have a greenish tint).

I will say that you really can not go by the tint of a color these days. This pin would have been done several times over and the coloring may not be consistant. I have this pin in a booster set but I don't know if I can actually open it without breaking the seal so I don't want to do it. BTW... this is Chip.

Last edited:
LOL. I did this late at night (not that this is an excuse) and I did put Dale, even though I do know Chip from Dale (Chip's nose is like a chocolate chip...see really I do know...c'mon conscience, cut me a break...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back