Date watch: 2018 WDW ANIMATION CELEBRATION PIN EVENT

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by lynn99, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    133   0   0

I'm thinking the official dates should be announced soon - anyone have any inside knowledge? rumors to share?

The last 2 years, its been the weekend before labor day. If that trend continues, we'd have
    Thursday 8/23 - Saturday 8/25.

Anyone else want to guess?

2. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

I majorly wish they moved it back to the fall, but presuming that’s not going to happen, I think your dates are it.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  3. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0

I'm waiting with
    [​IMG]

NutMeg, MerlinEmrys, snwwht85 and 2 others like this.
  4. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

Oh, I didn't know that the date wasn't set. Since last year was my first event, I assumed it's always end of Aug. If it's later, then that'd be nice!

5. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

That's cruel

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  6. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

While we're on this topic, how does everyone feel about the theme? Personally, I feel it's rediculously wide open. It again makes me feel that they were not planning to continue the event and at the last minute they decided to hedge their bets and announce it, but since they hadn't done any work on it, they didn't know what any of the theming would be, so picked this one since it left them open to being able to come up with pretty much anything later. After all, wasn't LIAA an animation celebration? And the Pixar party? And pretty much every year except when they focused on the parks? Sorry, just a little rant. :mad: I now return you to your more pleasant conversation.

7. chubs191

Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0

I feel like it fits in perfectly with the other celebrations this year, D23's Mickey Mouse one at Destination D, the worldwide release of snow white, peter pan. I mean they're celebrating Walt's animation, not much beyond that. I'm personally hoping for a concept art mystery set, but I would need all of them...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

8. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

I think that Animation Celebration may be a fairly broad theme so the pins' designs can be varied. While the theme is broad, I think that some of the designs will focus on clasic animation from Walt's life. There were numerous movies that haven't had pin designs at
    the past few events which could use some love.

Also, I think they may be adding more merchandise than pins to the event as they did last year with LiaA. At LiaA, they sold shirts, bags, and jewelry themed to the event. They may have more items like this to echo the pin designs.

9. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    133   0   0

oooooo...concept art. I'd need those too! DS likes concept art pins also.

10. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

All I know is that I need to buy some mystery boxes this year!! I didn't get any last year and I regretted it (although I did eventually end up with the Dumbo that I needed lol)

slbrabham likes this.
  11. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

I just hope they don't raise the prices to much again it just seems that of late the prices just keep going up and it makes it hard for those of us that can't get to the parks to get the pins. I am looking forward to the event anyway can't wait to see what they are offering

12. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

I agree with moving the date back to September. It is so hot there in August.

I do like the broad theme... the sky is the limit with the pin designs. I am very excited about this theme.

13. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

[​IMG]

All I know is that I can't attend this year, so I'll be living vicariously through y'all.

A broader theme that appeals to more people = more pins sold from the RSP. One of the DSF trade events a few years ago was very similar (Animation Celebration), which gave them license to use a broad range of movies and characters. We got some characters as artists, and some marquees of movies that didn't have any yet.

NutMeg, Kiragigi and MerlinEmrys like this.
  14. chubs191

Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0

Why would you do this to me? I was waiting for it to be announced!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

NutMeg and Purplemandms like this.
  15. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

Because I am an agent of chaos?

NutMeg, Kiragigi, momin.ator and 3 others like this.
  16. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Bumping this thread up because this has been on my mind lately. We should be getting the official announcement sometime in early/mid April (for some reason I thought that it was February)

17. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    133   0   0

Disney pin blog announced "save the date" on 2/25/16 for Pixar Party..(event registration opened 4/28)
    They announced the LIAA dates on 1/25/17 , registration 4/25/17....
    Genearation D dates were announced 1/25/16.....registration 4/22

So date announcement normally by now.....registration April ish

18. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

I called Event Services last week and asked. They said they hadn't been notified yet, but expected the announcement very soon.

19. Dianeluvsdisney

Dianeluvsdisney New Member

0   0   0

Trying to be patient here! Lol I was hoping there would be a date by now. Already booked a room and hoping it falls the same time as it historically has. Also crossing fingers for free dining at that time.

20. natelove

natelove Member

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0

Fuzzybunny noticed that MK was closing at 6:00 on 8/17 and 8/21. Those should be MNSSHP dates. Maybe event is bumped up to that weekend?

21. Dianeluvsdisney

0   0   0

Someone in one of my Facebook pin trading groups said they contacted Disney and Disney said the date would be released this upcoming week. Fingers crossed!

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  22. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Man, I hope not. The very end of August is bad enough. The middle of it? Yuck!! Move it back to September like it used to be!!! (I know, wishful thinking.)

23. Dianeluvsdisney

0   0   0

24. chubs191

Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0

[​IMG]
    Suck it. I did it anyway. I tried that exact url yesterday for the event (this one) hoping that it would be live, but just not indexed yet on the site. Yay! Now we know!

NutMeg, timeerkat and MerlinEmrys like this.
  25. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

I can just feel the Lion King pins releasing there. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.